Trans Forum

gggggggg

Trans Forum?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should Curvage add a Pictures/Videos Forum for Transgender Users?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, gggggggg said:

Curvage needs a Pictures/Videos forum for Trans Users. The current M/F system puts everybody at a disadvantage

I'll admit I am not an expert on this topic, but isn't it a bit disrespectful to segregate a group like this? Again, I really don't know. I am asking for education here. Please educate me.

1 hour ago, S77 said:

I'll admit I am not an expert on this topic, but isn't it a bit disrespectful to segregate a group like this? Again, I really don't know. I am asking for education here. Please educate me.

Personally I think it would be better for them and the rest of the community because they can get a more specialized experience from a site that can't currently accommodate them as well as it should, and it betters the rest of the Curvage Community by clearing up the lines of what will be found in each sub-forum, And it will help alleviate the types of situations that inevitably happen on every Trans thread when somebody finds out:

9 hours ago, NikeLove1986 said:

It's a dude 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤣🤣🤣rainbow throw up GIF

4 hours ago, S77 said:

Good point, it is in fact segregation.

I don't agree with that separation, we have very few trans ppl here, in fact i know of plenty LGBTQ into feederism who don't step here because that's such a hostile community towards trans/queer people in general.

I understand that it might be frustrating to acknowledge that a model is actually transgender (aka: she has a dong) but... so what? The ultimate transphobic guru Ben Shapiro always says that facts don't care about your feelings.

If she has the hormonal levels of a woman, the muscle mass of a woman, presents like a woman, dresses like a woman, has the name of a woman, has documents stating that she's a she then she is, in fact, a woman.

I welcome you guys to visit the that article on Wikipedia, i found it surprisingly well-researched for Wikipedia. Please, if you wanna be transphobic, if you want to segregate trans folk, if you want to take away their rights, have a basis for that, search for the evidence and go where the evidence leads you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_hormone_therapy_(male-to-female)

5 hours ago, Brenda said:

I welcome you guys to visit the that article on Wikipedia, i found it surprisingly well-researched for Wikipedia. Please, if you wanna be transphobic, if you want to segregate trans folk, if you want to take away their rights, have a basis for that, search for the evidence and go where the evidence leads you.

Listen, if you want to continue the confusion for the majority of the forum's community by all means, Just make it clear. But currently it is an issue For a plurality of people on this forum to see that in full effect go read the "Update" topic on the Main Sub. It Even puts Trans-User's at a disservice because their topics always become about their sexuality. Its not about as you said taking away their rights. Its about trying to give them a place they can properly express themselves without the intolerance they receive on the main forum.

5 hours ago, Brenda said:

Good point, it is in fact segregation.

I don't agree with that separation, we have very few trans ppl here, in fact i know of plenty LGBTQ into feederism who don't step here because that's such a hostile community towards trans/queer people in general.

I understand that it might be frustrating to acknowledge that a model is actually transgender (aka: she has a dong) but... so what? The ultimate transphobic guru Ben Shapiro always says that facts don't care about your feelings.

If she has the hormonal levels of a woman, the muscle mass of a woman, presents like a woman, dresses like a woman, has the name of a woman, has documents stating that she's a she then she is, in fact, a woman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_hormone_therapy_(male-to-female)

Aye, there is no doubt it plays on the idea of segregation, however, independent of identity, emotion, physical attributes and I am sure that list can go on, in the end this is a fetish site on the internet, and I am sure the vast majority of people that visit this site are looking for some sort of way to get off in whatever form suits their fancy, ya know? But look, every person has their own wants and desires and knows the basis of what they are attracted to when it all gets boiled down to it. Personally, there are plenty of threads/topics that I wish there were some way to filter out or hide from my view because the person generously sharing content, just doesn't fit my standing criteria of what I find attractive. Maybe it's weight, shape, color (don't mean for this to come across the wrong way, but hair, skin, and eye color can can play a role), height, voice pitch, or the reproductive system you are equipped with, but to each their own.

The issue here as I see it is this, pretty much everything can usually be determined pretty damn quick, but due to current technology for therapy (and the tiny size of thumbnails), it is easy to enter into a thread like the one we are having an issue with, and then feel like the carpet was pulled out from underneath you when you find something you were not expecting. It's for that reason and what I can imagine is males not feeling comfortable posting in the men of curvage (or vice versa w/females), I would say there needs to be a sub-forum because unlike all the other variability, and as much as I recognize and try to respect the LGBTQIA+ community, ya jollies are still XY binary and the majority still operate on the ol' traditional basis. Due to this, it seems like the most sensible option in my opinion.

Also, on a side note...while I am at it...any chance there could ever be a unsubcribe/hide thread option that would block threads like I can block certain users? It has many times proven to be something that would be nice to have in my experience.

TL:DR: No disrespect to the LGBTQIA+ community, but due to the nature of the site, I'd say we need a sub-forum...

17 hours ago, Avataг said:

My approach to this whole site:

1. Go to thread
  2. Like the content
  3. Press like button or leave nice message
  4. Repeat
  1. Go to thread
  2. Don't like the content
  3. Shut the fuck up
  4. Leave thread and don't visit again

I don't care if the content's been posted by a woman, man or LGBTQIA+.

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

well I mostly agree with this, i think there is no need to segregate them and fortunately (for me but unfortunate for them) nowadays most transformations are not good enough so I call tell apart a women from a trans woman, but there maybe cases that is difficult to tell apart I would like the OP to state he/she is trans, as personally for me I feel tricked if I am "enjoying" to see those pictures and are not from a born female. Although they are not required to state they are trans I think it is advised for those people to state it in order to avoid deceiving other people. But again that isnt really much different to implants and photoshoped images so basically it would be nice if they state it but ultimately is up to them to decide if they want to do it or not. 

TLDR : things can stay as they are but for me personally it would be nice if they say they are trans (or crossdressers) but it is not compulsory.

PS: I understand that they stating they are trans is a double edged sword as if they state they avoid angry comments saying they are deceiving people but at the same time it might be uncomfortable for them to say it and it may attract transphobic people to bully them.

On 6/13/2019 at 2:35 PM, Avataг said:

My approach to this whole site:

1. Go to thread
  2. Like the content
  3. Press like button or leave nice message
  4. Repeat
  1. Go to thread
  2. Don't like the content
  3. Shut the fuck up
  4. Leave thread and don't visit again

I don't care if the content's been posted by a woman, man or LGBTQIA+.

This is the correct response. That said, an option to hide the thread would be good for those who get Really Quite Upset(tm) by viewing trans people.

Then again, those people seem to delight in telling everybody how disgusted they are so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 6/13/2019 at 12:40 AM, S77 said:

So how exactly are these things decided? is it at your discretion, the poll, or the comments?

• 8 months later...
Guest grateful

Wow.  Thanks  posters.  I voted yes without thinking because I thought an optional area where everyone can find each other might be nice. I am inclusive of everyone, including all the other categories.

I would just like to see love of fat and not faking it, is my greatest bias.

I was not thinking of ghetto-ization of any group or incarceration in a category or outing anyone or calling any attention to anyone other than fat appreciation.

From the postings, I can see that this remains a complex area in society, something I may have forgotten ,since there is one of everything in my extended family and I have been living with this for years, to the point that the "identification issue" has faded and everyone is just who they are.

So maybe love of fat is good enough to bind us all together-and if you're freaked out because you clocked somebody, well just "person up" and stay strong.   😁

On 6/15/2019 at 1:22 AM, Wagimawr said:

This is the correct response. That said, an option to hide the thread would be good for those who get Really Quite Upset(tm) by viewing trans people.

Then again, those people seem to delight in telling everybody how disgusted they are so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The reason is that it really does inspire a visceral reaction from some people, like disturbs people more than just "oh how annoying." Yeah, hiding threads would be a good idea, also some peoples profile pictures disturb me too. The fact I constantly see it dotted around the site really puts me off on an annoyingly regular basis.

• Curvage Model

Hey. Trans girl here! 🙋‍♀️

Also one thinking about posting some photos. Here are my two cents. If there's a separate section on this site that trans people are limited to posting in, I'm 100% certainly not going to be sharing anything. If I'm allowed to post in the general Women of Curvage section, I will but with a full disclosure that I'm trans (don't want any of you poor fellas vomiting in your mouth or whatever it is that happens).

Now if there happened to be a trans generated thread for trans feminine individuals to share photos of ourselves, that would be pretty cool. I thought that's what this thread would be when I clicked on to it actually...

33 minutes ago, sugardork said:

Hey. Trans girl here! 🙋‍♀️

Also one thinking about posting some photos. Here are my two cents. If there's a separate section on this site that trans people are limited to posting in, I'm 100% certainly not going to be sharing anything. If I'm allowed to post in the general Women of Curvage section, I will but with a full disclosure that I'm trans (don't want any of you poor fellas vomiting in your mouth or whatever it is that happens).

Now if there happened to be a trans generated thread for trans feminine individuals to share photos of ourselves, that would be pretty cool. I thought that's what this thread would be when I clicked on to it actually...

Hi, I've been hoping for more input from the Trans community. Here is a simple question,... Do you think of yourself as a "woman" or as a "trans-woman"?

To be clear, I am not asking to judge. I am asking to better understand. Because if I was a woman, I would want to be allowed in the same space as other women. You see what I am getting at here?

I really don't know if the trans community wants a separate "safe space" in the forums, or if that would be a disservice to the respective folks therein.

For others reading this, the reason there has been no action is because of the aforementioned quandary.

I hear you, and I get that some of you object to seeing photos of folks who don't align with your gender preference.

However, the idea of segregation in any form feels a little uncomfortable. We have floated the idea of tagging things "trans".

Ok, what if we tagged things by race? Can you imagine forcing people to tag their posts as "black"? That would be outrageous, so why is it different for gender? Both gender and race are protected classes. Do you see what I mean?

I realize there are some valid arguments against my points here. However, I think we all agree that It's a tricky situation. It seems like any action we take can lead to a slippery slope in the wrong direction.

It really, to me, feels like the best solution is to realize that in life there are things we don't like. As such, move on.

@Avataг seems to have the most logical solution. Dislike photos in a thread? then click out and don't return to that thread.

This is why our gender selection, is male or female and there are no special trans forums etc. (To avoid that kind of discrimination.)

• Curvage Model
51 minutes ago, S77 said:

Hi, I've been hoping for more input from the Trans community. Here is a simple question,... Do you think of yourself as a "woman" or as a "trans-woman"?

To be clear, I am not asking to judge. I am asking to better understand. Because if I was a woman, I would want to be allowed in the same space as other women. You see what I am getting at here?

I see myself as a woman. With trans being an adjective. Just as there are white women, black women, straight women, gay women, feminine women and gender nonconforming women, there are also cis women and trans women. They're all just descriptors of certain kinds of women.

In my personal life, I know dozens of other trans people and not one of them identifies as a third category or something separate from our identified gender. If a person happens to consider themself non-binary well, that's a slightly more complicated topic but...

Yes, day to day, in all social contexts and all public spaces, I'm grouped as a woman. Personally, I think it would be strange if this site were the one exception.

5 minutes ago, sugardork said:

I see myself as a woman. With trans being an adjective. Just as there are white women, black women, straight women, gay women, feminine women and gender nonconforming

I am glad to hear this because this is exactly as I suspected. If I am being honest, the question was asked more for posterity so others can see the response from you as opposed to me saying it. Thank you for taking time to answer something that likely should have been obvious. 

The fact that we already separate men's pics in their own section, to me, already opens the door for such a thing. Having those clearly labeled sections works for the benefit of both people who are into that sort of thing, and people who are not. If someone is not into dudes, they know not to check out the men's pics forum. It's not segregation, it's categorization.

Just as much as we should respect that there are people who claim themselves as those labels, and there are people who enjoy that, we must respect the fact that not everyone is into that. Trolling fuckpipes will happen no matter what we do, but at least giving that sort of thing it's own section, we can minimize the 'surprise' aspect that could lead to issues for either side of the equation.

S'my opinion anyhow.

5 hours ago, Starmada said:

The fact that we already separate men's pics in their own section, to me, already opens the door for such a thing. Having those clearly labeled sections works for the benefit of both people who are into that sort of thing, and people who are not. If someone is not into dudes, they know not to check out the men's pics forum. It's not segregation, it's categorization.

Just as much as we should respect that there are people who claim themselves as those labels, and there are people who enjoy that, we must respect the fact that not everyone is into that. Trolling fuckpipes will happen no matter what we do, but at least giving that sort of thing it's own section, we can minimize the 'surprise' aspect that could lead to issues for either side of the equation.

S'my opinion anyhow.

Agreed.

On Curvage we make the distinction Man vs Woman. Trans is the same type of categorization as Man vs Woman, so why not a seperate board?

Besides, the LGBTQ-community itself has been pushing the intersectionality agenda pretty hard, so what's wrong with using the same categorization here aswell?

We don't need a seperate forum for every letter in the LGBTQIAPKGrehheRET$#TfdRT4j39gm9340tu4......-community, but we can have a 'CIS' part of the forum and a 'Non-Binary' part of the forum.

That way everyone can stay in their lane and we avoid the many collisions that are bound to happen otherwise. 

1 hour ago, vennie said:

Agreed.

On Curvage we make the distinction Man vs Woman. Trans is the same type of categorization as Man vs Woman, so why not a seperate board?

Besides, the LGBTQ-community itself has been pushing the intersectionality agenda pretty hard, so what's wrong with using the same categorization here aswell?

We don't need a seperate forum for every letter in the LGBTQIAPKGrehheRET$#TfdRT4j39gm9340tu4......-community, but we can have a 'CIS' part of the forum and a 'Non-Binary' part of the forum.

That way everyone can stay in their lane and we avoid the many collisions that are bound to happen otherwise. 

Actually, thinking about it some more, maybe a seperate board isn't that great of an idea.

Once we start going down the path of adding seperate message boards for every type and category of intersectional grouping, we open the flood gates having to open up a new message board whenever someone feels there needs to be a seperate group.

Let's stick to Male and Female message boards.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, vennie said:

Trans is the same type of categorization as Man vs Woman

8 hours ago, Starmada said:

The fact that we already separate men's pics in their own section, to me, already opens the door for such a thing.

No, it isn't and no, it doesn't. The categorization in man and women is based on the perception if a person is of male or female sex. The categories are selected by gender. Transsexuality means that a person experiences a gender identity that is inconsistent with their assigned sex and desires to permanently transition to the gender with which they identify. You'd do them a great disservice if you'd refuse them to be categorized as man or women, as far as I understand. There is absolutely no need to create other categories as those for visible gender, as far as I'm concerned. And for there are three gender classifications, we could categorize as man, women and intersex persons.

18 minutes ago, Avataг said:

No, it isn't and no, it doesn't. The categorization in man and women is based on the perception if a person is of male or female sex. The categories are selected by gender. Transsexuality means that a person experiences a gender identity that is inconsistent with their assigned sex and desires to permanently transition to the gender with which they identify. You'd do them a great disservice if you'd refuse them to be categorized as man or women, as far as I understand. There is absolutely no need to create other categories as those for visible gender, as far as I'm concerned. And for there are three gender classifications, we could categorize as man, women and intersex persons.

Yeah, which is why I added my second comment.

Man/Woman/Trans is on the gender spectrum.

Man/male and Woman/Female is on the biological sex spectrum.

And since at Curvage we meant biological sex, we should stick to a message board for Men and a message board for Women.