Instagram links ruining this site

maltesefalcon

WTF is up with Instagram content? The content itself is awesome but it takes forever to load. I've had pages take five minutes at times....on my desktop.

On an I-Pad they won't load at all. Is there a workaround for this. I'm on Firefox or Safari and have a fiber optic connection BTW.

I can't remember which particular item prompted my first post. But I'll try to snag one. Look for thread pages with many video posts. It seems like they are are trying to download and play at the same time. (unlike Youtube which requires you to hit play first, thus saving bandwidth I guess...) As I said maybe there is a setting or workaround I'm not using?

It seems to be mostly in the Plus Size models section. Makes sense, they have professional photogs to take videos of them.

Here's a link to just one example page that has 6 autoplay videos and 1 Youtube.

https://curvage.org/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/29353-costina-the-austrian-answer-to-ashley-graham/&page=2#comments

It takes up so much band width Firefox actually issued a popup message suggesting I close the link as it was slowing down my browser.

There is already a video sub-forum why cna't they just post the videos there? That would allow the photo pages to load quicker.

Here's one:

https://curvage.org/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/11686-kiara-mia/&page=2#comments

I stopped counting at 13 videos, most of which are autoplay. it took 5 minutes and 20 seconds to load the page on my desktop. It crashed twice on my IPad and doesn't want to load at all.

In fairness I'm not sure that all of these are Insta links...