Instagram links ruining this site

maltesefalcon

WTF is up with Instagram content? The content itself is awesome but it takes forever to load. I've had pages take five minutes at times....on my desktop.

On an I-Pad they won't load at all. Is there a workaround for this. I'm on Firefox or Safari and have a fiber optic connection BTW.

I can't remember which particular item prompted my first post. But I'll try to snag one. Look for thread pages with many video posts. It seems like they are are trying to download and play at the same time. (unlike Youtube which requires you to hit play first, thus saving bandwidth I guess...) As I said maybe there is a setting or workaround I'm not using?

It seems to be mostly in the Plus Size models section. Makes sense, they have professional photogs to take videos of them.

Here's a link to just one example page that has 6 autoplay videos and 1 Youtube.

https://curvage.org/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/29353-costina-the-austrian-answer-to-ashley-graham/&page=2#comments

It takes up so much band width Firefox actually issued a popup message suggesting I close the link as it was slowing down my browser.

There is already a video sub-forum why cna't they just post the videos there? That would allow the photo pages to load quicker.

Here's one:

https://curvage.org/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/11686-kiara-mia/&page=2#comments

I stopped counting at 13 videos, most of which are autoplay. it took 5 minutes and 20 seconds to load the page on my desktop. It crashed twice on my IPad and doesn't want to load at all.

In fairness I'm not sure that all of these are Insta links...

8 hours ago, John Smith said:

@Avataг Am I Lucifer incarnate around or did I have to be warned everytime for something I don't even know about, for a topic I'm not even aware about?

Lest you may have, please, have the decency to inform me about what the scapegoat I am is guilty about. 🍸

You really don't see how your posts are excessive? I've seen you fill up just about an entire page of replies. That's excessive.

1 hour ago, ChubbyGirlLover said:

You really don't see how your posts are excessive? I've seen you fill up just about an entire page of replies. That's excessive.

In Instagram links? It's been one year since that time I stopped to post pages excessively filled with Instagram material save for my own threads, exactly because people kept to complain about it.

Let alone, it's been an entire month since I limit my number of postings here because I'm sick and tired of all these people who keep complaining and reporting for my arse whenever I indeed do something excessive or are just barely making my way around.

You say my posts are still excessive. Let's be honest: I'm not the one fillihg most anyone's thread every, single, day, tenfold magnified literally by tenfold since last April and at a degree which make pass my case for pure amateurism. Nor the one who keep some unhealthy fixation about asking on every forum twice or thrice each semester if anyone know any member belonging to the spectrum of the conceited teenage girl/young woman trope who turned into a lard-laden slub with age neither. Or the one who went full-on Uncle Ruckus with a hint of beyond-noticeable Antisemitism and hardcore fatphobic misogyny from thread to thread just for gnawing around. Or the one who posted for the fourth time a thread on some picture-friendly page speaking about fattening girls with absolutely no picture nor video evidencing his word.

I'm not asking to anyone how to do their job, because you'd already did it and I thank you for this. I'm making my effort from my side to keep a relative balance. You can reach me on my inbox: if there has something wrong or anything else it might been a pleasure tobsee whst I can figure out from and eventually fix this because we are all humans, not perfect. But please, don't turn every single issue about a way to just make me pass for Julian Assange.

1 hour ago, ChubbyGirlLover said:

I still see you reply to dozens of threads and make dozens of new ones. Can't you just let someone else do the talking?

For as long I can remember, some forum-goers here had chastised my English writing quality every once and then.

But until now I thought my reading skill was close from faultless: the title above is "Instagram links ruining this site" . Not "Chuck-and-jive then hush for my inflated ego because I cannot stand your presence" .

This is a forum. Stop reaching. Have a great day.

stop it GIF