• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, FattyFreya said:

This is a long shot but does anyone have any recommendations for a mid level record player or some noise canceling headphones?! Trying to get some cyber week deals!!

I can't recommend specific models, but I would say stick to the common Yamaha or Denon.  Record players seem to get expensive for no good reason since they are so simple.  A good receiver is more important to me.  Perhaps someone will nay nay me on that.  

• Curvage Model
3 hours ago, ShoeshineBoy said:

I can't recommend specific models, but I would say stick to the common Yamaha or Denon.  Record players seem to get expensive for no good reason since they are so simple.  A good receiver is more important to me.  Perhaps someone will nay nay me on that.  

Thank you for this! I’m very lost when it comes to this but have been wanting to start getting more into it for a while!

• Moderators
18 hours ago, FattyFreya said:

This is a long shot but does anyone have any recommendations for a mid level record player or some noise canceling headphones?! Trying to get some cyber week deals!!

Not sure what you'd consider mid range, but Audio-Technica makes some decent players. My brother in law used to DJ and he swears by them. This is the one I have, it sounds clear and the basic adjustment controls on it are more than enough if you're just listening, haven't tried scratching so can't speak to that 😄. You'll need powered speakers though (the player won't power the speakers itself through the output cabling), not sure what your setup is. I hooked mine up through my stereo system, it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120XUSB-Direct-Drive-Hi-Fidelity-Anti-Skate/dp/B07N3S4X3P?ref_=ast_sto_dp

• Curvage Model
2 hours ago, gta said:

Not sure what you'd consider mid range, but Audio-Technica makes some decent players. My brother in law used to DJ and he swears by them. This is the one I have, it sounds clear and the basic adjustment controls on it are more than enough if you're just listening, haven't tried scratching so can't speak to that 😄. You'll need powered speakers though (the player won't power the speakers itself through the output cabling), not sure what your setup is. I hooked mine up through my stereo system, it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120XUSB-Direct-Drive-Hi-Fidelity-Anti-Skate/dp/B07N3S4X3P?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Are you a mind reader? Because I was looking at this one lol! Your glowing review has totally nudged me this way!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model
On 12/14/2020 at 11:54 AM, j_ro said:

I do editing and a little compositing myself and short film competitions. Seriously this looks dope! You rock!

So sorry for a slow reply (I LOVE not seeing notifications lol). But for real real this is like such a good compliment and prob one of the best ya can give! 

Guest Lovehugebellies
15 hours ago, FattyFreya said:

I've been a little.........preoccupied! 

0.gif

animated 2.GIF

animated 3.GIF

animated 4.GIF

animated.GIF

Whoa... now I think I am feeling a little preoccupied also 🤩

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, FattyFreya said:

Look at this beautiful gruyere croissant 🥐 

I warmed it up a bit, I could have eaten a dozen; but I got to the bakery far too late and only managed to snatch up one. 

Also no, I’m not drinking tequila or Malort this early in the day! 

8AB5679C-7650-46A2-AF9C-F4F962577ED1.jpeg

Wow, that does look amazing. All buttery and cheesy wrapped in fattening flaky pastry. You just might have to put in an order sometime to snatch up that dozen.