Why have American adults lost interest in movies?

AshlynCheerleader

They insult 50% of their audience and can't tell a good story to save their lives. But who cares when half their sales come from outside the country. 

It is expensive for consumers, also expensive for Hollywood. The way the business works, they have to shell out a bunch of money to make the movie, a bunch of money to release it in theaters, and a bunch of money to market it. So there is a big risk for every movie. So most movies are designed to appeal to a broad audience, including foreign markets like China. So it is a lot of Transformers and sequels and reboots. A lot of adults have lost interest in those kinds of movies, and in a lot of places it is horrible going to the movies because people are on their phones and yelling shit.

And this is the golden age of television and streaming. The best writers are not writing for hollywood, nor are they writing novels. The best writers are writing for small screens. Some of these are still features, the same basic format as movies. But a lot of them are series like Breaking Bad, which tells a story over the course of multiple seasons.

If you live in a big city, you can still see independent cinema, and there are plenty of adults in those places who still like movies.

I remember back when I was a kid it cost $6 to go to see a movie but in some places now it's double that and that's not counting food, drink, or gas, so the issue is it's simply too expensive to go to the theater and with the lack of dollar theaters out there it's a problem that's only going to get worse, I for one don't want to see this type of experience to go away because there is a certain type of magic to the cinema that you can not replicate at home. 

I personally enjoy going to the movies,  but time is limited with various other responsibilities,  now there are films I will make a point in seeing in theaters or the occasional one night event screening (Look up Flashback Cinema and Fathom Events) but then there are films that I feel are just better appreciated at home because of other dumasses at theaters (WHY are you bringing a toddler to a horror movie)

Not to mention that for anywhere between $1-2K you can get yourself a decent home entertainment setup with a TV/Projector, surrounded/wireless surrounded  headphones, 4K Bluray player and nice chair or couch.