lazy loading images - hicups

djfex

42 minutes ago, djfex said:

hey, so the new lazy loading of images is annoying.

it resets my scrolling position while scrolling up to a position that is lower than it was before (while images are loaded in...)

I can't zoom out as far as I want to, meaning I can only watch the full image at once when it's a very small preview

pls improve this

thank you

I am not sure this is because of lazy loading. Pages with many images loading always had this issue. The difference is now the page is usable earlier without having to wait for many images to load first. We will look into some way to anchor but this may just be a situation where every solution has some drawbacks.

43 minutes ago, djfex said:

also: clicking on images makes them 100% (width and height) instead of fitting the container's width.

Noted: this was actually corrected today. Once your cache clears you should see the new behavior.

Thank you :)

1 minute ago, Coltrane said:

Thank you for looking into this issue. It must have just been something wrong on my end for a little bit. Managed to get through the thread just fine on all 3 browsers now. Everything seems good on my end now. Any issues I have had are much better than they were on Friday when they were the most troublesome.

Sometimes when new things show up it causes issue since so much stuff here is designed to be cached. We will keep an eye on this.

Thank you  :)

I finally saw the issue. It happened to me. 

a similar thing used to happen without lazy load. Only in that case the whole page would basically freeze until all the pictures loaded. 

The lazy load thing was designed with the idea that images load as you scroll down. We are running into issues trying to start at the bottom and scroll up.  I’m not sure what the soulution is yet for this. I don’t think it’s worth turning lazy load off as a totally frozen page isn’t really a net positive.  At least with lazy load starting at the top and scrolling down is actually a big improvement on pages with lots of images. 

• 2 weeks later...

@djfex It seems (after a lot of effort) the issue has been resolved. Please give it a check. We were having trouble figuring out exactly what was causing the issue. Special thanks to Stuart for this solve. What a great developer he is.

Thank you ALL!!