Hannah Murray

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest The Bitch
4 hours ago, Ciaran Dooley said:

She looks like she hasn't washed in weeks 

Game Of Thrones era hygiene standards with modern-era food surplus.

19 hours ago, Ciaran Dooley said:

Could be indeed. I mean she looks filthy and smelly. Definitely not a turn on at all. 

Well, to be honest i don't think she looks neither filthy nor smelly, perhaps it was just the overly casual outfit?

But still, it is an interesting question, i hope she's doing alright and happy with her life, body, etc.

However, i have to do a bit of a ranting here: i HATE the stereotype of the depressed fatty who overcomes her disorder by losing weight, getting fit and finally being desired by men again.

It is true that a LOT of people use food to escape from anxious thoughts and things like that, but it is also true that women are constantly pressured by society to stay in shape, be fit, be empowered, and that can lead to various mental and eating disorders, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Der Käfig

Okay so I never checked out game of thrones until a few weeks after it ended, and I’ve been binging on it ever since. It seemed to me like the directors were willing to have tons of fat men on the show while only hiring the skinniest goddamn females in all of Europe (except for motherfuckin Walda of course, but that was only so they could make that one mean fat joke about her before they did away with her). Then tonight I get to episode 69 (of course) and Gilly comes into the screen, and I blink my eyes in disbelief. WHY DA FUCK DID I HAVE TO WAIT TILL EPISODE *69* TO GET AROUSD BY THIS SHOW ??? OH I GET IT, CHUBBY GIRLS CAN ONLY BE ON TV IF THEY WERE SKINNY WHEN THEY GOT THE PART. Bitchass tv producers. 

2 hours ago, Der Käfig said:

Okay so I never checked out game of thrones until a few weeks after it ended, and I’ve been binging on it ever since. It seemed to me like the directors were willing to have tons of fat men on the show while only hiring the skinniest goddamn females in all of Europe (except for motherfuckin Walda of course, but that was only so they could make that one mean fat joke about her before they did away with her). Then tonight I get to episode 69 (of course) and Gilly comes into the screen, and I blink my eyes in disbelief. WHY DA FUCK DID I HAVE TO WAIT TILL EPISODE *69* TO GET AROUSD BY THIS SHOW ??? OH I GET IT, CHUBBY GIRLS CAN ONLY BE ON TV IF THEY WERE SKINNY WHEN THEY GOT THE PART. Bitchass tv producers. 

In the books, Lysa Arryn (Cathlelin Stark's mad sister)  was fat  and Cersei wasn't as thin as she used to be in her youth. But that's how TV and movies work at the moment. You should ger used to it. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Der Käfig
On 8/12/2019 at 4:26 AM, das Hirschlein said:

In the books, Lysa Arryn (Cathlelin Stark's mad sister)  was fat  and Cersei wasn't as thin as she used to be in her youth. But that's how TV and movies work at the moment. You should ger used to it. 

I am incredibly used to not seeing women that I like on TV and if feels pretty marginalizing. It makes entertainment seem fake to me. I am not asexual, yet when I enter a movie or video game fantasy world like GoT, my sexuality is completely stripped away from me. I feel nothing sexual for the any of the women in GoT (excluding the couple shots of heavily-clothed, supposed-to-be-pregnant Gilly in the last season) and that’s a big flaw for a show that was trying to be inclusive of everyone’s sexuality. This probably explains why I’m trying to go into the entertainment industry and get my own content out there. 

• 6 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 2:58 AM, Guest Der Käfig said:

On 8/12/2019 at 5:26 AM, das Hirschlein said:

On 9/14/2019 at 1:35 AM, Guest Der Käfig said:

I am incredibly used to not seeing women that I like on TV and if feels pretty marginalizing. It makes entertainment seem fake to me. I am not asexual, yet when I enter a movie or video game fantasy world like GoT, my sexuality is completely stripped away from me. I feel nothing sexual for the any of the women in GoT (excluding the couple shots of heavily-clothed, supposed-to-be-pregnant Gilly in the last season) and that’s a big flaw for a show that was trying to be inclusive of everyone’s sexuality. This probably explains why I’m trying to go into the entertainment industry and get my own content out there. 

The same thing happened with Bella Swan from the 'Twilight' saga. It is hinted every once-and-again by the fans and the novels than the protagonist's physical appareance has been modeled from the author of the saga Stephenie Meyer, who used to be quite a planturous woman even prior her massive weight gain.

In the first novel, Bella shyly describes herself as "thin, but soft" . Her heavy-calorie Italian-based diet and lack of outdoors sportive activity let us to conjecture she's not rail thin at all. In the final book, Jacob Black describes her as a dashingly attractive, thick, curvy teenage girl (eighteen years at the time) prior her unnatural pregnancy turned her totally emaciated, both confirming that Bella has been modeled after S.M. and that the protagonist has implicitly a very low self-esteem about her looks prior being transformed into a vampire.

Guess who got the role. 🙄 (I mean, she channeled Bella's personality quirks and apathetic brood perfectly and yes, she's really attractive but still...) 

kristen stewart GIF

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...