Why were so many feeder models goths?

Guest Ihateusernames

Guest Ihateusernames

I don't know what the exact term is (if its emo or goth or something else), but it seems to me that many models that are feeders used to be or still are goths. Is this just a coincidence? 

The entire subculture is rooted in countercultural beauty norms, self-deprecation, bondage and sadomasochism. Many studies have even shown self-harm being a prominent correlation to the subculture as well. Many girls growing up overweight, social outsiders naturally are lead directly into the subculture where they find acceptance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To me it seems that disfiguring oneself with shitty tattoos is analogous to getting fat. Sort of showing a middle finger to beauty norms. Maybe people who like to get tattoos are also more likely to go for the latter..

Guest Brand New Used Mattress

i could take the low road and say it's an "they're not like other girls" gimmick

but you'd be surprised just how more desired a style becomes the more people try to stamp it out. one of the thing more so common then goth and emo culture was the reaction to it in the of people making fun of them. we still see waves of this reaction in people reducing dressing or acting differently as being "try hard" or "edgy" to dismantle it entirely as embarrassing. but like many things in culture, it's the women around that culture that keep things alive for both parties. notice how people would look down upon young dude dressing like a punk to then absolute love the chick standing next to him rocking a mohawk. so what we see after the boom in the trend is women on social media and sex workers together keep up the aesthetic years after the fact. giving it a desirable way to dress as a statement or for funsies. while there are still a lot of men who take up in goth or other styles in general, women will always have a better marketable value to them when they do the same thing. tis the way of good ol human nature. that's why instagram is dominantly a sea of gynocentric personalities and trends. a heaven for men and women to enjoy the beauty that is femininity is a social way. even for those a little lower on the totem pole of social interaction abilities. so you take the good and the ugly to wind up with chicks wearing black eyeliner.