Office Girls Porking up

Two of the women at my work have recently piled on the pounds. Unfortunately for the same sad reason. One recently had another child and her husband cheated on her so they are getting a divorce. She lost the baby weight pretty fast but stating around December she has been blowing up. New double chin and her middle is bigger now then when she was pregnant. She wore a maternity dress last week and it was so tight i overheard her manager debating about sending her home for violating dress code. Thankfully she refrained from doing so. Despite the divorce she is in a great mood everyday at work and seems to be doing well, or atleast eatting well.

Another women, who was already pretty big, maybe 230, has been steadily growing over the past six months since her husband left her. We talk frequently and she confided in me that she has gone up four dress sizes and "needs to lose weight so she doesnt weigh 300 pounds". I typically go to tje gym at lunch so she was asjing about my work out routine. I doubt she is 300 yet but was concerned with getting there. She is constantly on crash diets that last a few days and end with binge eating. For example she will have nothing but hummus for lunch for two days then on the third walk back into the breakroom with two dairy queen burgers and a blizzard. Both women went back for seconds on the birthday cake we had earlier this week. 

I've worked in an office for many years (last 4 jobs I've had).  I'd say in most cases where I worked at a place at least 3-4 years or so, I observed at least half of the women getting bigger over time. (Others seem to stay the same, but I really can't think of a single one who got noticeably smaller!)

One memorable one, though, was a small Asian gal we used to have working for us. From the time she first started, she was known as the one who'd always eat whatever was left over when someone brought in cupcakes or donuts for a birthday celebration. And at the company meetings, she was always hitting up the food buffets multiple times. We used to always offer her extra food or drinks rather than throwing them out or someone having to remember to take them home. I think everyone found it kind of humorous that she could eat all of that and still looked so tiny. Eventually though, I realized she started getting a belly. She wore a lot of loose fitting clothes so you wouldn't notice most of the time. But especially when I looked back at a few random pictures taken at company events or outings, I saw she'd grown a pretty good sized "food baby".  She got married recently and then quit her job to move away with her new husband. But she definitely seemed to either secretly want to gain weight, or just enjoyed food and didn't care.

My wife has had two desk jobs where she was on teams, all women and they simultaneously gained weight - the women, not surprisingly, emboldened each other's weaknesses with gluttony and bringing in snacks, etc.

That said, on each of those teams all of the girls talk(ed) some level of shit about the others behind their back about "plumping up" or being "the worst" of the bunch, lol. Even my wife makes remarks about some girls and she's always put on probably 2x the weight compared to the person she's talking about. 🤨

Piggies humiliating the other piggies – the greatest part about it is they easily give into getting much fatter because they're always thinking "well, at least I'm not slobbing out like ______. Did you see her plate? Now SHE'S just out of control!". 🤣

That was my wife's canned response when I gingerly brought up her weight gain "Me? A lot of it's Lauren's fault for always wanting ice cream after lunch. You should see her weight gain. It's really getting ridiculous at this point."

1 hour ago, BindsThatTie said:

My wife has had two desk jobs where she was on teams, all women and they all simultaneously gained weight - the women, not surprisingly, emboldened each other's weaknesses with gluttony and bringing in snacks, etc.

That said, on each of those teams all of the girls talk(ed) some level of shit about the others behind their back about "plumping up" or being "the worst" of the bunch, lol. Even my wife makes remarks about some girls and she's always put on probably 2x the weight compared to the person she's talking about.

Piggies humiliating the other piggies – the greatest part about it is they easily give into getting much fatter because they're always thinking "well, at least I'm not plumping up like ______. Did you see her plate? Now SHE'S just out of control!". 🤣

Your wife ever have to undo a button after being with work friends 

29 minutes ago, NikeLove1986 said:

Your wife ever have to undo a button after being with work friends 

Right now she goes to work with the top button undone! She lays on the floor and needs my help to get them on. Frankly, it's a scary thing to me. Nothing can randomly spawn thoughts of a diet like having uncomfortable pants/having to buy new pants! Been down this road before! I got over the whole tight pant humiliation schtick a long time ago; the looser the fit the quicker she fills them out! I want the loosest, slobbiest pants she's willing to wear because it's a "build it and they will come" reality: they'll fit in no time.

I think it's a mental thing for her: learning the new pants number, seeing what she can't wear, facing the growing sober reality that you know you're going to get even bigger if you maintain the lifestyle you're living.