Is Curvage confusing? Help us understand why. Help us improve!

S77

We want Curvage to be EASY to use

We strive to make Curvage as user friendly and easy to digest as possible. However, it's really hard for us to put ourselves in the shoes of a new user.

We are so deeply familiar with Curvage that the perspective of a new user is foreign to us.

Unfortunately most new users who are confused simply delete their account or stop using the site, leaving us without the feedback we desperately need in order to improve. 

We need your help!

So we reach out to you the users of Curvage. Are any of you new enough to recall your first experience here? Anything stand out as confusing?

What exactly threw you for a loop? Consider the following:

• Navigation: do the links make sense and is it easy to move through the site?
  • Navigation: are the links what you expected?
  • Can you easily find what you're looking for?
  • Are the different parts of Curvage well connected and sensible?
  • Any miscellaneous thoughts/feedback?
  • Did you notice the help files? Did you see the video we sent when you signed up?

Your feeback is valuable and appreciated!

awesome finger pointing GIF

harry potter dancing GIF

Guest chubbyramonaflowers

I don't know if it's just because I'm new and not used to the systems but figuring out how to post in the gallery was tricky, I kind of thought it would have a link to my gallery posts on my page and maybe it does and I've not worked that out yet.

Guest DailyDose

I think my highest request would be to improve the optimization of the site in general especially when navigating threads, on some of my browsers it crashes after a while.

Guest Steffiered

I have noticed that the lovely ladies of the sight seem not to post much outside out the picture areas.  I was hoping for a little more sisterhood or comradery,  so it might be nice to have an area in the forums for the ladies to talk about typically female-centric topics, ie. self-care, skin care, mental health, fashion, makeup, decorating... Things like that and more importantly having other women who have similar struggles to support you and just say you aren't alone not just in the moment but in the feeling itself is very nice.  The forum wouldn't exclude the gentlemen of Curvage, of course, I was just thinking of an area that encourages the ladies to share more with each other.  

I don't know, I'm terrible new and have perhaps just missed these kinds of forums so far, so please take my comments with a grain of salt.    :) 

On 3/5/2019 at 2:59 PM, Steffiered said:

I have noticed that the lovely ladies of the sight seem not to post much outside out the picture areas.  I was hoping for a little more sisterhood or comradery,  so it might be nice to have an area in the forums for the ladies to talk about typically female-centric topics, ie. self-care, skin care, mental health, fashion, makeup, decorating... Things like that and more importantly having other women who have similar struggles to support you and just say you aren't alone not just in the moment but in the feeling itself is very nice.  The forum wouldn't exclude the gentlemen of Curvage, of course, I was just thinking of an area that encourages the ladies to share more with each other.  

I don't know, I'm terrible new and have perhaps just missed these kinds of forums so far, so please take my comments with a grain of salt.    :) 

For being honest, this website is a little more like some sort of postmodern bachelor flat. We have a few couple of active female members here, but for some reasons there aren't such thing like a proper subpage to fester chattering about women of the larger end of the scale spectrum, by women and for women. 

But you seem to be one of the fewer ones who has not only a witty hand, but also a geniune interest to bring up more intellectual topics. I think with some support from the part of the memberhood and our growing number of female fellows, you'd might be capable to convince the admins to concede in favor of your innovative idea.

Guest Steffiered

I was just thinking(a dangerous pass time, I know), that it would be great to have an area for the ladies and gentlemen who do pictures and vids to have a forum to talk about things like posing, equipment, lighting, even the foods that aren't so filling you can't eat a bunch of it and stuff like that.  Sharing info on how to make the best quality pics and vids, get the best prices on set up and outfits, so and and so forth.  I think it would behoove everyone and again give the ladies more of an 'in' to participate in the forums, it might also encourage collaboration between the models which could only be hotter. Just a thought. :)  

2 hours ago, Steffiered said:

I was just thinking(a dangerous pass time, I know), that it would be great to have an area for the ladies and gentlemen who do pictures and vids to have a forum to talk about things like posing, equipment, lighting, even the foods that aren't so filling you can't eat a bunch of it and stuff like that.  Sharing info on how to make the best quality pics and vids, get the best prices on set up and outfits, so and and so forth.  I think it would behoove everyone and again give the ladies more of an 'in' to participate in the forums, it might also encourage collaboration between the models which could only be hotter. Just a thought. :)  

I feel the review/comments section are best for that. Though a general thread ie how to model (animated previews with general stills), make cosplay a category, and make photosets transition between images so it nearly feels animated itself.

Plus from what I see with status updates, that's usually the fastest way to get a reaction, especially with sales and what should I do next comments? Ambiance helps too.

There are a LOT of sub forums. Lifestyle discussion, chit chat, serious discussion -- it's hard to keep track of what happens where or to think "my post on trying to encourage fat people in public, does that go in lifestyle or in serious?" This is one of those cases where less=more

• 1 year later...
  • Curvage Model

The one big thing in the front of my mind is that the user has no way to change notification preferences PER PERSON you follow

There are global notification tools (a few of which don't seem to work as intended) but as of now when I follow someone I will get EVERY update they post across the site with no way to change that

It would be nice to be able to toggle something like "comments only" "video uploads only" etc. 

I feel like a feature like this would also help models a lot because as of now users are spammed with hundreds of notifications rather than being able to be notified about the content they actually want when it's posted

(Correct me if I'm just missing this feature but I feel like I dove pretty deep to find it haha)

3 hours ago, Mochii Babii said:

The one big thing in the front of my mind is that the user has no way to change notification preferences PER PERSON you follow

There are global notification tools (a few of which don't seem to work as intended) but as of now when I follow someone I will get EVERY update they post across the site with no way to change that

It would be nice to be able to toggle something like "comments only" "video uploads only" etc. 

I feel like a feature like this would also help models a lot because as of now users are spammed with hundreds of notifications rather than being able to be notified about the content they actually want when it's posted

(Correct me if I'm just missing this feature but I feel like I dove pretty deep to find it haha)

This x 1000. I usually am only interested in new clips or photosets being uploaded, but if I follow someone, I have to see every single thing they do which can flood my notifications and make it really irritating to navigate. Almost makes me not want to comment because I will then get every message reply after I comment sent as a notification. Sometimes, there is an option to not alert me of replies, but alot of the time it is not there.

On another note, the wishlist feature needs to have better organization. If it worked like the "My Curvage Clips" feature, it would be perfect. The ability to go to specific models or list vids in the order in which I saved them or alphabetically would make this much more practical. It's a great idea. It just needs to be tweaked to be more user friendly. Also, videos that have been purchased need to fall off the list.

And regarding the cart, I do not see why there is a buy 10 clips at a time limit. I see no reason for a limit at all, but maybe up the limit if they has to be one to 20 or 30.

I think another cool feature would be to have trailers associated with video clips (like 15-30 second teasers) that give you a chance to see an overall layout of the clip before buying. Most clips sites offer this feature in some way, and I think it would be a great addition.

Guest high

Galleries are separate from the boards and if a member doesn't actively seek out the gallery, they won't see it. It seems like there were some new members who posted there and, not getting much of a response, left.

Also, a complaint: All I know is that John Smith blocked me and since he starts about 50% of the threads, I effectively can't see half the threads.

Guest gorJESS

Instructions for new models on how to compress and format videos. It was super easy once I figured it out, but it took a long time to figure out that it was a problem.