How much food can be eaten?

Guest loaspra123

Guest lanalovee

My record is 3 pizzas, 3.75L of soda, 2 garlic breads and a tub of ben and jerrys in the one sitting over a few hours, i could barely breathe let alone move after that one haha

It all depends on the person. Normally, nature gave you this, your stomach says “stop filling me up!” After about a liter, maybe 2. That is the full feeling you get when eating. Let’s say you have always obeyed your stomach, between 1 and 2 liters is probably you max. You know you have reached tou max when it begins to hurt, you feel the urge to vomit coming up and you slow down with eating or drinking. This is all to prevent your stomach from exploding/ripping. Your stomach would not ‘explode’ because before that, you would have to go through immense pain and you will literally vomit. But you can increase your capacity, your stomach is basically a sack made out of muscle. It inflated and deflates and it can be stretched by regularly stuffing yourself, going past the feeling of being full. So eating more and more often will result in a bigger capacity. The absolute max of a ‘normal’ stomach is around 4 liters. 

There are exceptions to the rule, some people are naturally capable of eating inhumanly amounts of food, some competitive eaters supposedly learned to ignore the stomachs cries to stop eating. One can achieve more then the other would ever achieve just because their body is build differently.