The Thin College

>_< 0_0

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:38 PM, bahbah said:

Fantastic twist, can’t wait to see the next chapter! This could go so many ways

It's going to go all OVER the place!

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:46 PM, greinskyn said:

Coffee is an excellent choice.  It's no more fattening then, say... tea, for instance.

Ah yes, the tea 🍵 That worked really well. Coffee should be equally successful. It all depends on how fast certain people drink 

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, swahilimonkfish said:

Great work as ever, you seemed to have great fun with the gender reversal. The leg crossing was especially funny. And you've managed to balance the rising tension well so far.

Got to admit, when Jason declared that Jason was Jane Wick I laughed. And when Jason declared that Jason was pretty handsome, I cringed. He's such a weirdo lol

Even though I'd planned all this months ahead of time, I'd actually forgot that I'd need to rename Jason, so her suspicious name chosen on-the-fly was also chosen on-the-fly in real life. I guess that's realistic.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, Batman76 said:

So she (?) Has to get the phone back and keep fattening people up and less importantly, fake an identity so she's not homeless etc .

If Jason had been thinking, hed have fattened the Dean and told her to drop charges or else face obesity...before switching gender.

You know, there are two basic types of muscle: slow (Schwarzenegger) and fast (Bruce Lee). The brain, I think, is the same. Jason has a slow, powerful brain, but when he has to think on-the-spot, he flounders around and often makes bad mistakes. About the only thing he can think quick is lies, apparently 🙄

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:58 PM, bahbah said:

Wick 3 was awesome...think we’ll be lucky and get another chapter this weekend? 🙃

I'm babysitting my friends' cats all day, so I plan to write all day while drinking beer! 😀

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, greinskyn said:

"Julia stared into my eyes, and as I stared back, I saw her face harden for a single, discerning moment as she judged my words"  

Something about this statement really sticks with me.  There is more there than just a police officer's "Gut" feeling here, I think.

More? Could it be... love? Nah, that can't be right 😑

16 hours ago, Jotunthewriter said:

Wait, but Jason lost his phone before he was taken to principal. 

Yes, it fell out of his pocket at the sorority lighthouse, where it was turned-in to the authorities who gave it to the Dean, and the Dean used it to incriminate Jason in chapter twenty-four! I think it was twenty-four...

I got a good amount of writing done! I plan to write another chapter by tomorrow as well, but we'll see. By the way, "Mia" is named after the cat that jumped onto my keyboard three times 🐈

Chapter Twenty-Seven

“Sure,” Julia nodded, easing herself to her feet. “Let’s get some coffee in the break room.”

Gratefully, I followed her out of her office and into the short hallway. Several policewomen were clustered nearby, and they stared at us as we tried to shuffle past.

“Another day, right?” Julia asked one of them as she bumped past.

“Another night over?” she quipped back.

“Shut up, Mia. I’m about to get coffee from the break room; do you want any?”

“You? Coffee? Aren’t you just finishing your shift?”

“I’m getting decaf. So do you want some?”

“I’m good. See you in twelve hours! Oh, and who’s this?”

Mia looked at me as I was squeezing past, and I had to stop moving to keep from being trampled by the crowd. As I stared past her, I noticed that the police were all grouped together around the armoury, trading sidearms and equipment. The clack of weaponry unnerved me, and I wondered if it was still possible to be arrested.

“I’m Jane,” I glanced at Mia’s heart-shaped face framed by straight, shoulder-length black hair. I could see a camera on the wall behind her.

“I bet you won’t be drinking for awhile, huh?” she smirked.

“Uh… I’m going to drink coffee.”

She chuckled. “Relax. Just be sure you drink responsibly, alright? Julia, did anything happen last night? Any paperwork I need to finish for you?”

“I can do my own reports, Mia,” Julia’s face soured.

“If you say so. Hurry and get that coffee so my shift can finish gearing up and you can get some sleep.”

“Sure, sure. Come on, Jane.”

I followed her back into the break room, where the blanket I’d been wrapped in was still on top of the sofa in the corner. Edging past a small table in the centre of the room, I stood behind Julia as she worked the coffee machines on the counter.

“Regular or decaf?” she asked with her back to me.

“I’d like regular. By the way… were you the one who gave me that blanket?”

“You don’t remember?” she asked as the coffee machines began squeezing their black liquids into the cups. “I sure did. It’s the emergency blanket from the back of my unit – useful for when your vehicle breaks down in the winter.”

“So how did I get so tightly wrapped up in it?” I tugged at my jeans, frustrated with their unusual fit over my new hips. “I felt like a burrito.”

“That was all you,” Julia laughed. “All I did was toss it over your head. But it makes sense that you’d wrap yourself. When you drink, you feel pretty warm – at first – but that warm feeling is actually from your blood vessels expanding, which means all the warmth inside of you is leaking from them through your skin and out of your body.”

“So I must’ve been pretty cold.”

“Definitely. It doesn’t help that you’re a skinny little midget. No insulating fat layers.”

“I’m small?”

Julia laughed. “Sorry. I get carried away sometimes. Anyway…”

She turned around, daintily holding two cups of steaming black coffee.

“Which one’s mine?” I asked, casually pointing my ringed-index finger.

“This one,” Julia extended the one in her right hand.

“Not this one?” I pointed at the left.

It was a quick, fleeting moment that a casual observer wouldn’t notice, but even as she waited for me to take my own coffee, I willed that more coffee be spawned into hers, cursed to bestow ten pounds upon her. Better still, I willed that it would have just enough volume for her coffee to rise notably higher.

Nothing happened. That meant that I didn’t have ten pounds in my account to spare. The fact that I had splurged so much of my savings on the Dean was dismaying, but at least now I had a rough estimate of how much was left. I hastily willed a mere five pounds into the coffee, and was rewarded with seeing it rise. I could afford to splurge this; I still had several sources of pounds income.

“No, this one,” Julia repeated, unaware of my latest move.

“Thanks,” I took the cup and blew softly over the steaming drink. Odd, I thought as I took my first sip with pursed lips. They felt different now, not necessarily bigger, but softer. Then again, perhaps it was my imagination.

“So, you got a busy day ahead of you?” Julia asked, sipping casually.

That was a good question. I was Jane Wick now, not Jason Alban. I couldn’t just go to all the same classes, or even rest in my own room. I was completely homeless – helpless even. What was my next move? Food? Shelter? A fake ID? No… I had to get my phone back.

“Oh yeah,” I replied casually. “Honestly, I don’t even know where to start. Jason disappearing has really messed me up.”

“You know I wish I knew where he was too,” Julia said casually.

“I know. You sure you can’t tell me what’s going on? Jason’s not in trouble, is he?”

“I can’t say if he’s in trouble,” Julia sipped again. “I’m a police officer. My job is to keep everyone safe. I don’t judge.”

“Innocent until proven guilty, I guess,” I stared at my coffee, lost in thought. Julia was still trying to play me. Yes, technically she was a police officer, not a judge, but I wasn’t stupid enough to think that if “Jason” showed up, he wouldn’t be dragged into court and convicted of whatever. Sighing, I looked up over the rim of my coffee at Julia’s stomach. Clothed as it was in a tight, blue uniform, it was hard to see if it had grown any bigger.

“What’s up Jane?” Julia smiled as she sipped again, bemused by my attention. “What’s on your mind? You can tell me anything.”

“Um… you’re just drinking that coffee real fast, is all.”

“Oh, well, the girls outside are waiting for me in the hallway, so I’m drinking a lot faster than I would.”

“Doesn’t it hurt to drink something so hot like that?”

“It just takes practice. Just don’t let the coffee rest on your tongue. You got to push it past your teeth by your cheek. Like this… see?”

She tipped her cup dangerously high, bulging one of her cheeks for emphasis before swallowing the whole thing. To her credit, she barely coughed in discomfort.

“And as you keep drinking, the coffee still in the cup cools even faster than it would have because there’s less of it. What’s also cool is you can feel it go all the way down to your stomach.”

“Wow,” I took the mention of her stomach as an excuse to gawk at it. “That’s amazing…” I desperately wanted to lay my hand on her still-flat stomach, but resisted the temptation. “So can you feel it now?”

She smiled at that, in spite of herself. “I’ve never seen anyone so interested in my coffee binging trick.”

I felt myself blush, “Well, uh… I didn’t know it was a thing until now. I like it.”

“Huh,” Julia made a strange face before swinging her cup upwards to drink the last of her coffee. “You’re a special duck, Jane. Anyway, I got to get out of here, but feel free to drop by anytime you want if you want to talk about Jason sometime. I got the night shift tonight, take two days off, and then I’m on again the next two nights.”

“Okay.”

“And before you go, just know this: your testimony would probably be the best thing Jason has. You care a lot about him, so as long as you tell the truth, everything should turn out alright. Sound good?”

“That sounds good… let me finish homework and see if I can come around sometime.”

“Good talk. You keep practicing drinking coffee, then!”

As I watched her leave, I realized that the reason her belly hadn’t grown was because her legs looked like they were filling their trousers a little more than before.

20 hours ago, bahbah said:

Another smooth read

And I've almost finished another!

5 hours ago, Jotunthewriter said:

Why do I have the feeling that Sucky already got things, like ID covered? 😸

Actually, have you ever noticed that every time she shows up, she either makes things more complicated or worse? 😂

Ha! I managed another!

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Finally outdoors, I walked down the sidewalk, unsure of what to do next. Going back to my old room was out of the question, considering that it was now considered a crime scene. Then again, with both my computers smashed, there really wasn’t much to go back for. At the moment, I was starting to feel hungry, and I would need to find a bed to sleep in by nightfall, but finding my phone was top priority. But how could I retrieve it?

Lost in thought as I crossed the street, I absentmindedly started to put my hands in my jean’s front pockets, but grimaced at their awkward fit before pulling them back out again. How could my waist fit so loosely when my hands could barely fit against my thighs? Grumbling, I shoved them into my jacket pockets instead, doing my best to ignore my chest jiggling with each step. Damn it all, I could feel my nipples hardening against my shirt! I hated this feeling! I’d have to find better clothes eventually.

Hang on. I stopped walking and folded my arms. This would be another issue. Clothes cost money, but my wallet barely had twenty dollars in it. That meant I needed to use my credit card, but if a manhunt was starting for me, they’d freeze my account soon. I had to withdraw as much as I could from the ATM as soon as possible!

And as I strode my way towards the nearest ATM, I realized another thing related to clothes. The Dean knew exactly what I was wearing last night. How could she not? My jacket was still scratched and torn from my running through woods and falling into bushes. That meant I had to wear a new outfit before even thinking of returning to her office to look for my phone, and my phone might not even be on her desk anymore. The police might have already seized it for evidence…

I quickened my pace, blushing as I felt my hips gyrate with distinct feminine grace.

“Damn it all,” I grumbled as I tried to stomp my feet in as masculine a manner as possible. “One problem at a time Jason. Stop panicking.”

The ATM maxed-out at $500, which wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been. Perhaps I could return later, perhaps not. It depended on if they bothered to freeze the account or track its use in an attempt to find me. Having shoved the stack of bills into my wallet, I sighed with relief. Now to shop for clothes – not that I was looking forward to changing clothes. The very idea of wearing a bra made me cringe uneasily…

But wait! There was something better to do than go clothes shopping! Hell, there was a way to not even need to clothes shop! I didn’t have to sneak into the Dean’s office. I didn’t even need to find my phone! All I had to do was buy a new one with the same number, transfer my old data to the new device, and redownload the fattening app. That would make the first phone totally useless to my pursuers… hopefully. But it was the best idea I had yet, and my time was running out.

The student store was a well-stocked room on the top floor of a tower attached to the student union. Even as I left the elevator and scouted the room for the small electronics section behind the rows of textbooks, I couldn’t help but marvel at the high windows overlooking the campus in all directions. The view of one wall alone was enough to make putting this store on the top floor, and I admired the employees who had the privilege of working in a room with such a nice view.

Only one bored employee was manning the electronics desk when I reached it. “Manning” wasn’t the right word, of course, because the employee was a petite Hispanic girl with long, black hair, long eyelashes, and long nails to match. Dressed in a semi-professional red polo shirt tucked into tan khakis, she didn’t even notice my approach as she doodled on her smart phone. I noted that her polo was fully unbuttoned, revealing well-defined clavicles. I shook my head, resisting the urge to stare anywhere but her eyes.

“Excuse me,” I said with my light, girly voice.

She looked up with widened brown eyes, completely surprised by my approach. The name tag pinned over her B-Cup chest said “Karen.” She didn’t answer me, but I hardly cared – she didn’t resent my presence! If only I weren’t a girl, I could ask her out... but no. I was on a mission.

“Hi,” I shuffled my feet in front of her. “I need to buy a new phone.”

“Sure,” she finally answered. “What are you thinking of getting?”

“Well…” I glanced at the rows of phones for sale. “What’s your cheapest model? I’m trying to get something for less than $500.”

“Ooh,” Karen grimaced. “That’s pretty low. There aren’t many phones that cheap. What kind were you thinking of getting? Android? iPhone? We got some old brick phones down here…”

“iPhone,” I said quickly. “Androids are weird.”

“Well, let’s see what kinds we got,” Karen crouched down to get a closer look, and I got a good view of her butt as her khakis stretched against it. Not too big, but her small size made it stick out more. “Here’s our oldest model in stock. It’s $650 in total, plus $20 per month for warranty if you want it.”

“$650?” I rested my hands over my hips, pondering the situation. “I only got $500 in my pocket right now. You sure you don’t have anything cheaper?”

“In your pocket? You mean in cash? We can’t accept cash payments for phones.”

“What? Why not?”

“It’s just store policy, I guess. You got to start a monthly payment plan for the phone when you buy it, but you have the option of just paying the whole thing after the first instalment – you’ll see when we finish the paperwork.”

“So I have to use my credit card?” I bit my lip. I was very close to getting my fattening app back, but if I used my credit card now, it could either be frozen, or worse tracked. But then again, it would take time to get a warrant to track the card’s use, and if they did try that, they would be looking for a man, not a little woman like me. Might as well go for it. “Alright then.”

I casually opened my wallet and handed her my card, and she began to enter details into the computer on her chest-high desk. As she did so, I could see her beginning to frown suspiciously.

“Whose card is this?” she asked. “It says… Jason A. Alban.”

“It’s my Dad’s,” I said as casually as possible. “Don’t worry, I can enter all the details for it.”

“Well, okay,” Karen continued to work. “Why wouldn’t he just give you your own card?”

“Because he wants to see what I buy with it,” I shrugged.

“Then why not just give him, like, power of attorney to see what you do with your own card?”

“Power of what? I dunno. That’s just what he told me when he gave me the card. I’ve had it since I was sixteen.”

“That’s weird,” Karen stopped typing and stood aside. “Can you type in the pin?”

“Sure,” my fingers danced across the keys with a quick, practiced flourish. It was enough to stifle Karen’s doubts about the card.

When I was done, Karen moved back in place to finish her work. I hovered nervously over her shoulder, noticing with some irritation that I was now too short to see properly over someone as short as Karen.

“So did it go through?” I asked after a couple minutes.

“Uh huh. I’m just printing your stuff out… what is it? What are you doing?”

She’d caught me squeezing my fist in triumph. “Oh, uh… sometimes Dad freezes my account. Says I spend too much.”

“Okay then,” Karen’s eyes stared to the far corner of the room, clearly unimpressed by the antics of what she thought was just another rich girl riding through college on her parents’ paycheck.

The printer came to life, spitting more paper than I expected. Karen grabbed them all between thumb and forefinger and placed them before me.

“Just sign here and then each page after that, then at the bottom here,” she high-lighted each blank space in pink. “Did you want that warranty? It’s just a little more.”

“Oh, no thank you,” I said as I grabbed the nearest pen and began signing. “I’ve spent enough money in one day. Don’t want Dad to come looking for me with tough questions.”

I was chuckling, but I stopped signing. How should I sign these papers? I wasn’t Jason Alban anymore; I was Jane Wick. Did it really matter, though? Eventually, I sighed to myself and went ahead with my old signature – a big “J” and “A” each followed by two “n’s” that forked sharply down. I was quite fond of how the first and last letter of each name pointed down like fangs. Besides that, I couldn’t use my new name with my old card; that would link my new identity to my old one. I doubted Karen would notice or care – who actually checked signatures?

“Right, then,” I signed the last blank space and pushed the papers towards her. “Now, how do I get the stuff from my old phone onto this new one?”

“You saved your data on the cloud, right? All we need to do is match your old phone number and the data will transfer automatically.” she opened the box containing my new phone and lay it on the table, along with its screen protector, cover, and charging cord. “Go ahead and finish setting everything up. I can help you if you got any questions.”

But my attention was diverted to the store’s entrance, where a slightly-chubby girl was shuffling shyly in. I gasped softly when I realized it was Mary. She had come a long way since I met her in the stables several weekends ago. The slender horse-rider in tight, white breeches was no more, replaced with a softer woman with a protruding little paunch threatening to jiggle out from under a tight shirt, widened thighs contained within overstretched yoga pants – and absolutely enormous breasts. I gawked at the sight of them, bouncing with every little step. They had to be at least half the size of her head – each! There was no way those monsters were contained by any bra whatsoever.

“Hey,” Karen waved at me. “You think you got it from here?”

“Oh. Yeah,” I scratched my neck apologetically, fingers lacing through layers of my brown hair.

“I’m not being rude, I swear,” Karen began edging away. “It’s just that the manager’s out right now and I need to… help that girl out.”

“Sure,” I said absentmindedly, gawking at Karen’s tight little rear as she approached Mary, who was standing awkwardly by the cashier’s desk. Shaking my head, I got to fixing-up my new phone, but I couldn’t help but overhear their conversation.

“Hey, how can I help you?”

“I need… some clothes. Just clothes.”

“Okay. Clothes are in the far corner, changing room behind the shirt section.”

“But do you have… I dunno…”

“What?”

“This size? I couldn’t find anything that fit last time I was here.”

“Maybe I can help. What size are you?”

“I’m not sure… ‘D’ was the largest I could find last time.”

“We don’t hold anything bigger than that.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“We can order the sizes online and have them here within about five business days.”

“I can order online too. Whatever. Do you have jeans, at least?”

“You mean… what size are you looking for?”

“I dunno… this size! How am I supposed to know?”

“D-do you know how many –”

“No! I don’t know how big they’ve gotten, okay? Look, if you don’t have my size, at least show me where I can find some shirts…”

There. My phone should be set now. I hummed happily at my screen as each of my apps began downloading one at a time. I had unlimited data, so it shouldn’t take that long. Could I press my fattening app to make that download first…?

I could. A mere thirty seconds later, and I was in! I bent my knees and bounced slightly in excitement at my extraordinary luck and savviness. Seeing the colour schemes alone sent my libido into a euphoric frenzy. It had been too long! What was my balance? Fifteen pounds? My heart raced with anticipation. How many hexes did I have saved up? I inhaled sharply when I saw that I had two.

Glancing quickly back at Karen and Mary, I saw that they were in the shirt section. It looked like Mary was contemplating the choice between buying a loose-fitting jersey or a sweater. I bent down and began to crouch my way behind some clothes racks to get closer.

“I don’t know, okay?” Mary whispered heatedly. “I don’t know any of my sizes. None of them. I just… I’m a little bigger, okay?”

“How did you grow so big so fast?” Karen lashed out, finally discarding her customer service persona.

“Look… I don’t know how I gained so fast.”

“Maybe you should try not eating.”

“Are you going to help me find jeans that fit or not?” Mary hissed.

Crouched behind a shirt rack, I bit my lip, aroused by the chance to use of my hexes. Karen was being awful rude to her customer, wasn’t she? Maybe she’d understand how Mary felt after a little lesson.

Little finger extended, I aimed discreetly in Karen’s direction: Karen will absorb Mary’s body fat until she’s absorbed half of it, and will maintain that ratio indefinitely. My work was done, and I rose to a standing position.

Mary immediately caught sight of me. “Yes? Do you need something?”

“I just finished getting my phone set up,” I shrugged at Karen.

“That’s great,” Karen sighed. “Did you need help with anything?”

“Not really.”

“Then, why are you here?” Karen ran her thumbs around the rim of her trousers before tugging the back, increasingly irritated.

“I just wanted… uh…” I ogled her belly as it rounded itself within her red polo shirt.

I’m not sure what kind of reaction I was expecting from Karen. In one instant, she looked ready to roll her eyes because of her increasingly-irritating day, in the next, her hands slapped against rapidly-expanding hips that were pushing every square inch of her trousers to the limit.

“Hey,” Mary huffed irritably. “I don’t know who you are, but I’m busy trying to find something that fits me, so please wait your t –”

Karen, who’d systematically rubbed her butt, thighs, and belly with mounting alarm, stared into space with widened eyes for one, brief moment of epiphany, and started hustling away as quickly as possible, buns taught against her trousers, so tight that she had to waddle slightly to keep her seams from bursting wide.

“Hey, where are you going?” Mary called after her.

“Excuse me!” Karen yelled from halfway across the store. “I have to go!”

“But I’m not…” Mary suddenly looked down, hand over a significantly flatter stomach. Indeed, her thighs had slimmed enough to not brush against each other anymore, her butt had deflated to a manageably-thicc size, and even her tits had shrank a tiny amount – but only a tiny amount. A vague memory of overhearing Brooke accidentally wish her breast volume onto Mary came to mind. Half her pudge was gone.

“Hey!” Mary began sprinting after her, her butt only somewhat less jiggly than it had been. “Come back!”

Alone again, I grinned down at my phone to check my balance, which was now thirty-six pounds.

“We are back in business, ladies,” I smiled to myself.

9 hours ago, swahilimonkfish said:

Another brilliant chapter. We see flashes of Jason skulking and spying, you've really established him/her as a character through his/her choices now. Even the bit where he chooses an iPhone over Android is in keeping with his weirdness. Because, I mean, c'mon, iPhones are the worst :)

*types madly on iPhone* 

21 hours ago, >_< 0_0 said:

We shall see how Brooke's doing soon!

Something tells me we aren’t done seeing Brooke get fat 😎. Go! Call in sick, hide inside with a laptop, write like the wind! I still wouldn’t mind seeing Emily find some of these pounds again 😈

I'm thinking Jane will need to see the school shrink in order to deal with the "Trauma".  The Police, or some such social entity will likely insist on it. 

What is the Counselor up now?  20lbs.?  Even with dieting she should still be in the 18lb gain range.  That ought to limit Molly's wardrobe options.

A real quick chapter while I bounce around between offices (one of which was in the Pentagon 0_0). We confirm that Jane is a real bitch 🤨 and also me, because I almost shed a tear writing this scene 😥

Chapter Twenty-Nine

But even with my new phone in hand, I was still just as lost as I had been. I had no shelter, and even using my meal card would get me in trouble. Though I had $500 in my pocket, I only wanted to spend it when I absolutely had to. Dwelling deep in the woods was also out of the question, for if the deer ticks didn’t find me, people would, and start asking questions. The police officer Julia had nailed it: the island was small.

Being a bum would simply not do. I needed to stay with someone…

The thought paused all others in my mind. To stay with someone else on campus. A woman. My shoulders shivered at the thought, and my breath stilled in my throat. To be sharing a room with a girl thrilled and terrified me in equal measure, to the point that I had to lean against the nearest clothes rack and blink at the ceiling. How would I even begin to make this work? I was hardly able to speak to women, much less convince them to co-ed. Who would want to live with me?

But I wasn’t me. I was Jane Wick, and Jane Wick was also a girl. There was no inexplicable hatred for me, no bias toward my gender. I was just another girl, and a small, harmless-looking one at that. It was a tremendous epiphany. Yes, I was a girl now, and it still made me feel awkward and uncomfortable, but perhaps I could be likeable now, or loved, even.

I looked down past my modest breasts towards the gap between my legs and sighed. Love might still be impossible. So close, yet so far…

The sound of Mary arguing with Karen the retail clerk in hushed tones refocused my mind to matters at hand. I still needed to find someone to live with, if only for a night. But who? I thought of everyone I knew, and suddenly the answer was there, hiding in plain sight.

Confident with my next move, I walked out of the clothing section, bumped past the two slightly-chubby girls, and left the store. It was time to go back to the sports building.

When I entered the sports building, a random girl was working at the front desk.

“Good morning,” she said politely.

I froze in place, frowning. “Huh?”

“How are you?” she lifted her head, smiling slightly.

Was this what it was like to be normal? I was so used to everyone hating me on sight that I had grown used to it, yet now instead of being challenged the right to even enter the building, I was being told ‘good morning?’ How was I supposed to answer that?

“Oh, um…” I smiled. “You look good today.”

“Thanks,” she beamed as she brushed a lock of hair behind her head. “You do too.”

My breath caught in my throat as my eyes flared with a surge of passion. Could it be? The warmth of human interaction that had been denied me all this time? This smiling girl in front of me, bestowing upon me polite, friendly words, all because…

Because I was a girl too. The warm, fuzzy feeing beginning to well-up from within my heart chilled as quickly as it had come. It was all so superficial. Was it really my looks that made all the difference? My gender? I remembered trying to argue with her for permission just to enter the building last week. It was so unfair!

“So what are you up to?” she asked. “Need any help finding something?”

“Uh… actually, can you tell me if the cheer squad is practicing today?”

“Ooh,” she shook her head. “You just missed their practice session. They’re in the locker room right now,” she pointed back behind her. “You hear that? They’re still showering.”

“That’s alright,” I waved my hands frantically, quivering with fear and excitement at the thought of entering. “I don’t need to go in there… but I was, uh… wondering where their coach was?” I asked the question instinctively, pondering my chances of seeing Zoltan again, even if she wouldn’t know who I was.

“Their new coach or old one?”

My already-chilled heart froze solid. “What? Zoltan’s not coaching anymore? Why?”

“Couldn’t you tell? She gained so much weight? And then some of the cheerleaders started getting fat too, so the staff decided…”

“Where is she? I need to see her!”

“In her office? It’s across from the gym…”

“Thanks. I gotta go, but…” I spawned a 5-pound bomb in my pocket and began to hand it to her. “Can you eat this toffee? It’s not my favourite flavour.”

“Okay?” she said slowly. “I’ll take it. Sure.”

As soon as her fingers plucked the fattening treat from my own, I turned away and strode my way towards Zoltan’s office as fast as my short, little legs could take me.

When I reached her office, the door was open and I rushed in recklessly.

“Hello? Zoltan? Where are –”

“I’m here,” she said firmly from behind.

Jumping, I twisted back to see that her desk was situated by the wall nearest the door, so that she had the full view of the far windows to enjoy – and myself to glare at.

Her eyes burned into mine as she reclined against her office chair. Her belly had shrank considerably, so that there was barely an outward bulge to it anymore, but from the size of her melon-sized breasts, I could tell that she still had some weight to shed.

“You’re supposed to knock,” she pointed at me sternly.

“I’m sorry ma’am,” I fidgeted awkwardly. “I’ll go outside and try again…”

“You’re good,” Zoltan smiled suddenly as she waved her hand dismissively. “What’s up? Go ahead and have a seat if you want.”

All my sense of urgency drained away as I stared into her beautiful eyes, her warm smile soothing my worries away. “Okay,” I sat in the nearest chair, which happened to be on the same side of the desk as her.

“How are you doing? How can I help you?”

With a deep breath, I opened my heart. “I just heard you weren’t coaching the cheer squad anymore.”

“That fast, huh?” Zoltan stared down her torso absentmindedly. “Yes. I’m taking some time off to get into shape.”

“But you are in shape!” I felt my anxiety returning, spurred by my sense of guilt. “You’re the strongest person I know!  Why would they do this to you?”

“That’s real nice to hear,” Zoltan grinned softly, but froze when she saw my expression. “Are you okay?”

Suddenly beyond words, I shook my head, trying my very best to hold back tears. Zoltan leaned closer, gauging my emotions before reaching across her desk to pull a tissue from its box and hand it to me.

“You don’t have to say anything,” Zoltan said softly as I tried to hide my face into the soft paper.

For a moment that lasted far too long, I couldn’t say anything even if I wanted to, but as my eyes welled with water, I began to recover just enough to slowly raise my gaze up towards her again. The tears distorted my vision of her, and she shimmered like a mirage just out of reach.

“You’re so good at what you do,” I moaned. “When I first saw you, I was almost terrified at how tough you looked, but you’re… a good person too… you don’t deserve…”

“It’s all good, girl,” Zoltan leaned closer, elbows resting against her knees. “This will all work out. I wasn’t supposed to be teaching gym and coaching two teams. Hey. This just means I got more time to work out, right?”

“But it’s so wrong…” I shook my head at the floor. “I don’t want bad things to… to happen to…”

I paused when I felt her long, smooth hand on my shoulder. She had rolled her chair closer to mine, and stared into my eyes so confidently, it was as if nothing was wrong. “Don’t worry about me. There’s plenty of people going through so much worse. Life is going to be hard, okay? Just make sure you’re harder. That way, you can help others having trouble with life. You hear me? Hey. Look at me for a second.” I lifted my head above the cover of the tissue and blinked tears from my eyes to see her leaning forward, close enough that our foreheads nearly touched. “You’re a good person, alright? You remind me of someone, you know. He felt pretty lost too, but instead of running away from his problems, he confronted them head-on…”

“Jason?” I gasped suddenly.

She smiled slightly. “I can’t say… well okay, you do remind me of him somehow. Hey… he’s not as bad as all that. Don’t believe some of the rumours these girls are throwing around; I’m sure if you get to know him, you’ll find that he’s…”

I broke down at that point, bending down and shaking under her assuring grip as tears fell everywhere. I felt her rest her other hand over my shoulder as I failed to come to terms with reality.

“Hey…” she gripped my shoulders.

“He’s gone!” I wailed. “They framed him and now he’s gone!”

“What are you talking about?” Zoltan lifted my head softly, concern in her voice. “Talk to me… what happened?”

That only made it worse. Here I was, right next to one of the greatest women I’d ever met, who had always helped me when I needed it, and even now was telling me she admired me in some way, and yet we had never been so far apart. I had lost her as much as I had lost myself.

Then I leaned forward and hugged her. I was barely sitting on my chair now, and I had to grip her tight to keep from falling. The sensation of her firm, coiled muscles, coated in a silken layer of softness was the most intimate sensation I had ever felt in my life. As I squeezed her, she squeezed back, leaning her soft body into mine as I muffled my sobs into her shoulder. It was technically everything I’d ever dreamed of doing with her, and I never felt so alone.

“It’s going to be okay,” she rubbed my back with one hand while wrapping her other around my ribs. “You can tell me anything you want, if you need to.”

I needed to. I desperately needed to tell someone – anyone – everything. But I couldn’t, so I kept doing my best to stop crying, sniffing as quietly as I could in her strong embrace. I’m not sure how long we rocked against each other.

I think this is the first time I've ever actually felt sorry for Jason. He's always been a bit arrogant and bitter, so it was nice to see some untainted vulnerability, and for someone other than himself. I mean, I still think he's a self-important, self-pitying tosspot, but you've slowly rounded out some of his rough edges and you done so with real skill.

And Zoltan is the best character you've ever written, hands down!

7 hours ago, swahilimonkfish said:

I think this is the first time I've ever actually felt sorry for Jason. He's always been a bit arrogant and bitter, so it was nice to see some untainted vulnerability, and for someone other than himself. I mean, I still think he's a self-important, self-pitying tosspot, but you've slowly rounded out some of his rough edges and you done so with real skill.

Why is it that people are so down on self-pity? Why is it that human beings always seem to relish on the idea of beating down on the weak, telling them to man up, and on invalidating the experiences and suffering of others?

Heaven forbid that someone learns actual compassion!

You know where I come from (Mexico) we always hear about Americans or other first-worlders complaining about healthcare. My friends always scoff at them telling me that they don't know how good they have it, that they would rather have to worry about healthcare than to worry about drug traffickers kidnapping a family member, that the grass is always greener and that you don't know how good you have it till you lose it (so many cookie-cut cliched maxims of supposed wisdom all telling us to hate the weak, the poor and the downtrodden and to shut up about our problems). However I understand that human happiness is a relative thing and that we should not look down on those who have have problems, even if their problems are less serious than ours.

Jason might either be possessed or schizophrenic, he might even a she all along (Tomato Surprise). He/she seems to have mental problems, to have lived a sheltered childhood with a divorced dad and crazy negligent mother. And furthermore every single female that he interacts with, with the excpetion of a few, hates him.

If you feel the need to put him down and call him a self-pitying incel, then next time you complain about civil wars statues being taken down, health care, Trump goofin' at the world stage, Facebook breaking into your precious browser history, or some other first-world concern, step back and notice your hipocrisy.

You know after reading Worm, a web serial about superheroes, I think Jason/Jane is not even trying to explore and to test the limits of his powers.

In Worm we have Taylor a protagonist who has what seems to be a pretty lame power (to control insects) but by cleverly using her power she manages to become the most revered, and feared, hero of the story.

I mean if I understand correctly any pounds that a person loses will be added to Jason's account right? So what if Jason just uses a hex on himself to give him the ability to transfer water air, or any other solid into another's person body? The app mentioned that if a hex fattens someone up the resuting pounds will be subtracted from Jason's account.

But what if instead of creating new fat Jason just transfers it?

Let's say that he transfers 30 pounds to Brooke fram at 3 am in the morning. The he tranfers out those same pounds.

Back and forth.

Instead of creating new pounds he only stores those pounds, say in the shape of water, in and out of the same body.

That way each time he fattens someone up it won't const him any pounds, due to the fact that he is not creating new pounds, he is just using his hex power to transfer water inside and outside a person's body.

I mean admittedly someone would be pretty weirded out by some magical blob of water entering and leaving Brooke's body, but if Jason is clever with his new next hex he could wish for something like this:

I will have the power to transfer arbitrary amounts of water (say from the faucet of pipes, or whatever) inside and outside a persons's body, only if doing so would not alert anyone about it.

Or alternatively he could just wish for the water to have some sort of somnorific effect. Say each time he uses his power to transfer the water inside's someone's body it will put anyone within a 10 meter radius to sleep.

By transfering water inside and outside like this he wouldn't lose any pounds, give that they are not being magically created but only transferred, but each time he transfers them out he would gain pounds in his account!

Doing this automatically each night, when nobody will notice, would probably earn him tens thousands of pounds per day, given that the hex wouldn't just be limited to one personan he could potentially transfer his water inside the entire sleeping populace each night!

Also even if he can only transfer fat he could still exploit his powers.

Fat and lipids in general, as every biologist knows, are pretty important in pretty much every aspect of the human body.

Take myelin for example. It is a fatty substance found in the brain that is used as a "wire insulator", that is to say it is used by neurons to speed up potentials.

In laymen terms its presence makes neurons faster.

If Jason gave himself the power to transfer out or in, myelin from people's brain he could potentially render them unconsciois, confused, or even stop them from forming long-term memories, temporarily.

If he had used this power on the sorority girls that fateful that he could just have temporarily destroyed the myelin of their hippocampi, thus stopping them from forming new memories that day.

In other words by the next day the sorority girls would have forgotten all about him.

By carefully experimenting with the limits of his powers the story could reach new heights. As the conflicts escalate newer and more complex problems wpuld appear, thus enhancing the tension.

8 hours ago, swahilimonkfish said:

Zoltan? I'd have guessed Candace was the best because there's more detail to her (so far), unless you mean Zoltan's hotter? Yeah, she is 😄

6 hours ago, Batman76 said:

And of course, this means his main charm no longer works.

Jason has charm? I guess he was charming as a man in some way or... oh, you mean Zoltan! Yeah, the cheer squad pound-counterfeiting scheme is busted; Jason will need to figure that out soon. Also, I have decided the technical term is "pound catalyst"

austin powers laser GIF

1 hour ago, superweightgain said:

Why is it that people are so down on self-pity? Why is it that human beings always seem to relish on the idea of beating down on the weak, telling them to man up, and on invalidating the experiences and suffering of others?

Human happiness is a relative thing and that we should not look down on those who have have problems, even if their problems are less serious than ours. 

If you feel the need to put him down and call him a self-pitying incel, then next time you complain about civil wars statues being taken down, health care, Trump goofin' at the world stage, Facebook breaking into your precious browser history, or some other first-world concern, step back and notice your hipocrisy.

Swahili is actually British, so I think his first-world problem would be Brexit or something like that. 

57 minutes ago, superweightgain said:

You know after reading Worm, a web serial about superheroes, I think Jason/Jane is not even trying to explore and to test the limits of his powers.

In Worm we have Taylor a protagonist who has what seems to be a pretty lame power (to control insects) but by cleverly using her power she manages to become the most revered, and feared, hero of the story.

I mean if I understand correctly any pounds that a person loses will be added to Jason's account right? So what if Jason just uses a hex on himself to give him the ability to transfer water air, or any other solid into another's person body? The app mentioned that if a hex fattens someone up the resuting pounds will be subtracted from Jason's account.

But what if instead of creating new fat Jason just transfers it?

Let's say that he transfers 30 pounds to Brooke fram at 3 am in the morning. The he tranfers out those same pounds.

Back and forth.

Instead of creating new pounds he only stores those pounds, say in the shape of water, in and out of the same body.

That way each time he fattens someone up it won't const him any pounds, due to the fact that he is not creating new pounds, he is just using his hex power to transfer water inside and outside a person's body.

I mean admittedly someone would be pretty weirded out by some magical blob of water entering and leaving Brooke's body, but if Jason is clever with his new next hex he could wish for something like this:

I will have the power to transfer arbitrary amounts of water (say from the faucet of pipes, or whatever) inside and outside a persons's body, only if doing so would not alert anyone about it.

Or alternatively he could just wish for the water to have some sort of somnorific effect. Say each time he uses his power to transfer the water inside's someone's body it will put anyone within a 10 meter radius to sleep.

By transfering water inside and outside like this he wouldn't lose any pounds, give that they are not being magically created but only transferred, but each time he transfers them out he would gain pounds in his account!

Doing this automatically each night, when nobody will notice, would probably earn him tens thousands of pounds per day, given that the hex wouldn't just be limited to one personan he could potentially transfer his water inside the entire sleeping populace each night!

Also even if he can only transfer fat he could still exploit his powers.

Fat and lipids in general, as every biologist knows, are pretty important in pretty much every aspect of the human body.

Take myelin for example. It is a fatty substance found in the brain that is used as a "wire insulator", that is to say it is used by neurons to speed up potentials.

In laymen terms its presence makes neurons faster.

If Jason gave himself the power to transfer out or in, myelin from people's brain he could potentially render them unconsciois, confused, or even stop them from forming long-term memories, temporarily.

If he had used this power on the sorority girls that fateful that he could just have temporarily destroyed the myelin of their hippocampi, thus stopping them from forming new memories that day.

In other words by the next day the sorority girls would have forgotten all about him.

By carefully experimenting with the limits of his powers the story could reach new heights. As the conflicts escalate newer and more complex problems wpuld appear, thus enhancing the tension.

This is an interesting train of thought. Jason has done something similar to this already by shifting weight from the cheer-squad to Zoltan, then through Emily and into Brooke, who promptly stuffs it into Emily again only for Jason to quickly shove it all into Mary and then split half of it into Karen... ooh, that's pretty complicated. Maybe I'll draw all this into a simple diagram to make it understandable for everyone.

There are some limitations on what Jason can do. Some of them are pretty clear, but others are not, I guess. For one thing, he has to level up a couple times to earn one hex, which has to be: (1) directed at one person (though it can affect multiple people through that person), (2) directly relate to the weight of that person (meaning he has no power over inanimate objects), (3) limited by the weight stored in his account as well as the weight "invested" in others, (4) and additionally, may be cancelled in the apps "hex menu" (which he hasn't bothered to do yet), though this does not give him another hex to use.

So the basic challenge for him at this point is to create a "closed circuit" like he did with the cheer squad that allows him to wrack-up huge gains in a short amount of time. However, as we now see, there's a distinctly human, emotional element as well. If he has feelings for certain characters, that will screw with the closed circuit. Also, he doesn't want to get caught, so he has to keep a low profile as best he can.