Anyone feel that the scene is getting too commercialized?

Spectre

Your post is so insightful, so brilliant that I've delightfully read word by word your introspection about that phenomenon and about how it complicate any space for developping any intimal relationship for the people who thrives for this in these now-dating-BBW-cyberspaces-but-only-by-name websites. 

However:

On 1/29/2019 at 9:06 PM, Spectre said:

And the woman here are changing their bodies for the sexual gratification of people here and often these changes are permanent. We pretend that people can lose weight any time but realistically anyone who used to be a rail won't go back to being a rail after they've crossed a threshold of 50 pounds so it is a serious decision not to be made lightly

I have to disagree with that statement. 

On 1/31/2019 at 5:42 PM, Spectre said:

Glad you liked the post! 

Maybe I should have phrased that so its not as absolute but there's alot of recent research showing that the only really effective way to have long term weight loss is through surgery. HEre's an article. It's not the best article I could find on it since it doesn't offer much in terms of biological or psychological explanation of why weight loss fails and the statistics of weight loss failure (over 90% of people who lose weight gain it back or more in 5 years). But more or less our bodies are designed to radically reduce our metabolism when we start losing any weight and also are extremely efficient in processing calories and making sure we dont lose them. For example there was a study of african hunter-gather tribesmen who kill all their pray and do nothing but physical activity all day and they found that they burn as many calories per day as... the average office worker. This is because the human body is pretty good at conserving calories during downtimes between strenuous physical activity and the more physical activity you do the better your body is at preserving calories between activity. Not only that but working out is a very inefficient way to lose calories. Furthermore beyond your body's ability to reduce its metabolism radically when experiencing weight loss and its ability to make rest periods less calorie intensive you also have a semi-permanent "baseline" weight which your body will always tend to reset for when you lose weight and the interesting thing is that diets slow down metabolism for a long time....so its likely after a failed diet (which the diet will fail by the way, their are ivy league schools that have a greater chance of accepting you statistically than you have a chance of having long term success at a diet) because your body is resetting itself but your metabolism has slowed long term you'll most likely settle on a higher weight. Hence why people end up failing their diets and being fatter for it after they lost all that weight. Just look up the biggest loser and see how many of those people gained back at least half of the weight.

Anywhere here's the article though like i said this isn't really the best article about it

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/obesity-research-confirms-long-term-weight-loss-almost-impossible-1.2663585

I have seen so many people who get through surgery who have shortly pass through a rebound and an handful of other peiple losing 50 or more pounds then retain their slighter frame thereafter.

Even if I consider this study as credible (yet spite the use of the taxonym "tribe") , there hasn't necessarily an absolute reality either.