Anyone feel that the scene is getting too commercialized?

Spectre

On 1/29/2019 at 9:06 PM, Spectre said:

Most recently I had been coresponding with someone who agreed to meet up on a date. We had to reschedule a few times as is inevitable with online dating but we finally agreed on a Saturday. She wanted to go clubbing into the night and that's not really my thing since I work 40 hours and go to grad school so I don't really want to be out of the house after 10 unless I really know you well but I was willing to compromise since that's what dating is all about. But the day of there was really bad rain and the governor declared a state of emergency so I texted her that I didnt feel safe driving and that we should reschedule. She seemed like she was a bit offended at it and I kinda understand that; but honestly I just chalk that up to the fact that I was supposed to be her ride since she didnt have a car and since she doesn't own a car and has a work schedule far different than mine (she's a service industry worker) I just don't think she understood how difficult it would have been to make the commute at night in the pouring rain, go clubing, and then presumably drive back home at 1 or 2 in the morning at the earliest (probably later since she wanted to start the date at 10) while I would have felt dead from both staying up way past my usual bed time and from clubbing. 

So I tell her I can't come and I text her that we could video chat the next day to make up for the lost date and she says fine. I thought that was the best I could do since in my experience of online dating I've used video chatting in lieu of a cancelled first date since its a nice way to say hi before you meet someone for you next date and its establishing that you havent blown someone off. The next day when I text her about what time would be best for a video chat she simply texts me her cashapp account. When I clarify that I just want to have a conversation in lieu of the date that was pushed off and that I'm not asking for anything lude nor am I setting up the expectations for anything other than just a conversation she doesn't respond.

and to clarify before I make my final point I dont think this makes her a bad person. I just think it makes her someone whose life priorities are vastly different than mine. It's just the issue seems to be that feedee/feeder dating scene seems to be attracting more and more people with these sorts of priorities and less and less people who are actually into you know, dating someone.

Filter just like dating and work on your pullout game. 

Dump whoever disappears after 4 days without a response, doesn't apply what custom outfits you bought (ie doesn't follow directions), and is disrespectful.  The fact stuff gets leaked means they should get less entitled, and more creative to listen to people who actually buy (If I 3 or 4 star something, definitely listen and make me feel like a prince so I go all the way for example).  I also tire of only being reminded about weight as well; it's just impersonal and one-dimensional (I'll jump ship to the 10-15% weight loss bandwagon, which I feel can be better if I get more interesting info rather than the stereotypical I'm fat/hideous).  I know I made a similar reply though I will add to this, that you can explore/adopt other fetishes (or lifestyles if you need a more PG pace) rather than rely on someone fat and slow who's always going to take her sweet time to do anything, and get lazier over time.

You also can't be someone's ATM and it helps to test slow withdrawals and see if you get understanding with stability, or an attitude.  Just remember the difference is that fantasy lets you set a controlled pace but you can't exceed your imagination, and reality has less control and more exploration.

• 1 month later...

So many updates to buy, I'm taking a break unless I'm personally invested with messages who are thanking me and telling me about this, so I can really write engaging reviews that are like love letters while feeling fully rested.  So yeah it's definitely commercialized here.