GeorgeB

Loving this story. I love how they are discovering feedism in their own natural way, but still preserving a touch of the darker bits that make it interesting. 

The habits of binge eating and the secret eating—you nailed it that those definitely pile on weight faster than you realize. 

• 2 weeks later...

Your math makes sense on calories—the big problem there is that even most nutritionists have come to realize it’s a bit of bunk science. Ask a binge eater or a feeder—the body’s metabolism in real life ends up actually gaining 8-12 pounds a month if you are going COMPLETELY gangbusters. And even that is rare and impossible to maintain at that rate for many months at a time. 

So it’s not that the math doesn’t check out, just that anyone in real life would be having a different experience based on the empirical evidence. 

As far as the story goes, you could:

1) ignore that and figure it’s just fantasy 

2) modify the time scale in the story, so that one month is three or four, and these chapters are taking us through the months that are becoming a blur as the weight piles on ❤️

3) decrease the amount she’s gaining, though the shock around the changes may still exist 

I like your writing and LOVE the way these characters are starting to uncover parts about themselves that they had never expected—but are careful, doubtful, and worried at times—that part feels so real. Totally identify with that!

Maybe not 14-15 lbs a month sustained, but as a one-off, yeah I could see it. 

I think your solution works well..also maybe as you go through the story, where you would have otherwise said “a week later”, just say “several weeks later” or something to that effect—suddenly it becomes a lot more believable. 

I like the upper middle class class references though. Not a lot of stories articulate that very well. This is good—especially because it makes it so much more socially rebellious to get fat in those circles, as well as view the visible disdain folks give you...🤷🏻‍♀️