Medieval Egypt — How Has This Not Been Used In WG Fiction Yet?

dania201

I personally found these historic writings fascinating—the women of Arab Cairo and Alexandria were known for sharing fattening techniques with each other and fad reverse-diets. Because fatter was viewed as more desirable, women would even work to outdo one another in size. 

In the most extreme cases, the stories are that some of the prodigious women were unable to stand without the aid of one—or two—or even four—female servants. 

Here is a scholarly article looking at some of the writings about these women (mostly from a frustrated cleric):

https://journals.openedition.org/anisl/3059

So I post this here asking—how has this [very non-fiction] setting not been used for a fat fic before? And is anyone up for doing some awesome historical fat fiction?

2E20CDA1-F498-480D-BDA6-EAE7B0E54E52.jpeg

I’m more a fan of South Sudan. Tradition has it that a groom will be given a dowry that equals all the gold one can sort of cake into his bride’s skin. The trick, then, is for the bride to be as thicc as possible, and they do it like this: the bride is pampered and fed in a little feeding hut for weeks straight. The middle of the hut has a circle on the floor. Once the bride “fills” the circle, she’s ready to be... uh, gilded you could say. I hope I meet a woman from Sudan so I can ask her how it’s like 😌

17 hours ago, dania201 said:

I personally found these historic writings fascinating—the women of Arab Cairo and Alexandria were known for sharing fattening techniques with each other and fad reverse-diets. Because fatter was viewed as more desirable, women would even work to outdo one another in size. 

In the most extreme cases, the stories are that some of the prodigious women were unable to stand without the aid of one—or two—or even four—female servants. 

Here is a scholarly article looking at some of the writings about these women (mostly from a frustrated cleric):

https://journals.openedition.org/anisl/3059

So I post this here asking—how has this [very non-fiction] setting not been used for a fat fic before? And is anyone up for doing some awesome historical fat fiction?

2E20CDA1-F498-480D-BDA6-EAE7B0E54E52.jpeg  168   11.3 kB

Because a major part of the writers involving within the WG oriented component of the Fat Fetishism Erotica subgenre merely didn't knew about it.

Guest JigglyArms

I had no idea this existed.

I am a writer, but have never even thought of writing a WG story before now. I do write historical fiction however, and I do know a lot about this time period and culture. Perhaps I might give this a try.

Funny this never came up in the history books lmao

2 hours ago, JigglyArms said:

I had no idea this existed.

I am a writer, but have never even thought of writing a WG story before now. I do write historical fiction however, and I do know a lot about this time period and culture. Perhaps I might give this a try.

Funny this never came up in the history books lmao

Historical fiction! Can I read it? I’m a history major📜

Guest JigglyArms
On 1/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, >_< 0_0 said:

Historical fiction! Can I read it? I’m a history major📜

My own works or this coming WG story if I decide to do it? Lmao

Guest JigglyArms
2 hours ago, >_< 0_0 said:

Damnit, don't make me pick just one!

😂 We'll see, I do have a full manuscript of around 10,000 words and some publishers looking at it, I can maybe DM you or something? How does that work on this site?

And you said you were a history major? Did you specialize in one certain field or aspect? And why did you choose to major in it? Does it help your job?