Lardi B - Performer Jenn Whitlock's alter ego

thadrou90

On 3/15/2019 at 11:49 PM, Qedrian41 said:

When you build your brand off being fat, wonderful things tend to happen. Performers who do this usually only end up getting fatter out of necessity for the act.

Here's hoping! I really wonder what her endgame is here. She had a career before the Lardi B shtick, and it's hard to imagine her wanting to do this forever, or even finding it marketable forever - even Cardi B's time will pass, and people have limited interest in a parody. I wonder if she's using this as a springboard to wider recognition that she'll drop once it's no longer useful.

Sorry to be so cynical. I do hope this lasts a long time!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 11:39 AM, thadrou90 said:

Here's hoping! I really wonder what her endgame is here. She had a career before the Lardi B shtick, and it's hard to imagine her wanting to do this forever, or even finding it marketable forever - even Cardi B's time will pass, and people have limited interest in a parody. I wonder if she's using this as a springboard to wider recognition that she'll drop once it's no longer useful.

Sorry to be so cynical. I do hope this lasts a long time!

Jenn was steadily gaining before she adopted the Lardi B persona. I think she's just a nice (musically talented) gal who likes to eat and is very body-positive about her larger size.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/music/article/Texan-Lardi-B-has-turned-her-food-loving-parody-13848391.php

“In a way, Lardi B isn’t even a double persona. It’s still me. It’s just a side that has never come out before. If I gained weight, I was like, ‘Oh, well, I gained weight. Time to go shopping’,” Whitlock says. “I honestly have always been thicker. But I was solid muscle at the same time. I was in all the sports. I played college softball. But I would still eat. I’ve always loved to eat, OK? I would literally go run five miles and then eat a Big Mac.”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...