Kate Lambert from Teascher

Guest Flash10

5 hours ago, islanders said:

This is probably the biggest weight gain by an actress during the course of a show in television history. At least I can't think of one bigger.  She went from pretty thin to obese.  It's on some random channel and no one really watches the show though so I guess no one cares.  Then again if it was on a major network and people actually watched the show, there's probably zero chance she blimps up like this.

I remember a German soap opera where one of the characters gained a huge amount of weight over the course of a few years, sadly i cant for the life of me think of the name

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

Here's todays caps - the theme was Valentine's Day so there were also scenes of one of the other teachers drowning her sorrows in prepackaged cookie dough:

Screenshot 03-06-2019 23.55.51.png

Screenshot 03-06-2019 23.56.31.png

Screenshot 03-06-2019 23.56.43.png

Screenshot 03-06-2019 23.57.00.png

Screenshot 03-06-2019 23.57.23.png

Screenshot 03-06-2019 23.57.30.png

Screenshot 03-06-2019 23.59.52.png

Screenshot 03-07-2019 00.00.31.png

Screenshot 03-07-2019 00.00.42.png

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

These captures are from the final episode that aired yesterday - Teachers has not been renewed for a fourth season so this is the last time we'll get for Kate in Teachers, hopefully she appears in something new soon...

Screenshot 03-20-2019 10.02.32.png

Screenshot 03-20-2019 10.03.23.png

Screenshot 03-20-2019 10.03.48.png

Screenshot 03-20-2019 10.04.16.png

Screenshot 03-20-2019 10.04.24.png

I remember noticing this gain late last year on a whim - one of the hottest actresses in an obscure show about teachers gaining a noticeable amount of weight during seasons - so I'm glad someone started a thread. I first thought Kate could've been playing a part and gaining weight in real-time (like many teachers tend to do) and they'd make it a subplot at some point. But alas... here's a comparison from "right before" they shot season 2 to earlier this month.

53302437_1216120505204342_4003196673291344486_n.thumb.jpg.46bf83c08f10562c24a4c8139d572c42.jpg

53661108_107618880272289_7583259679538726297_n.thumb.jpg.8208738d04e5ba1fce1a6a806f614ab4.jpg

On 3/2/2019 at 12:18 AM, islanders said:

This is probably the biggest weight gain by an actress during the course of a show in television history. At least I can't think of one bigger.  She went from pretty thin to obese.  It's on some random channel and no one really watches the show though so I guess no one cares.  Then again if it was on a major network and people actually watched the show, there's probably zero chance she blimps up like this.

That's probably why she keep girthing out by any episode.

There have plenty of overweight-to-obese actresses playing the roles of women of same size but keep finding any excuse to lose half of their weight in the midway of the show because these shows in question are pretty much popular and broadcatsed by major television media channels (and anyone know how the executives of these same major media outlets are all pretty much conservative) .

On 3/2/2019 at 6:16 AM, valek said:

I remember a German soap opera where one of the characters gained a huge amount of weight over the course of a few years, sadly i cant for the life of me think of the name

On 3/2/2019 at 6:40 AM, hottyzwazwe said:

Janis Rattenni 

once upon a time henry GIF

On 3/20/2019 at 10:38 PM, John Smith said:

That's probably why she keep girthing out by any episode.

There have plenty of overweight-to-obese actresses playing the roles of women of same size but keep finding any excuse to lose half of their weight in the midway of the show because these shows in question are pretty much popular and broadcatsed by major television media channels (and anyone know how the executives of these same major media outlets are all pretty much conservative) .

Delta Burke had a massive weight gain in just a few years on Designing Women back in the day, but the producers decided to make an episode about how her character is fat-shamed and regains her dignity. The episode is titled "They Shoot Fat Women Don't They?" and it won an Emmy as well as earning Delta a nomination.

35 minutes ago, Hotefatty said:

Delta Burke had a massive weight gain in just a few years on Designing Women back in the day, but the producers decided to make an episode about how her character is fat-shamed and regains her dignity. The episode is titled "They Shoot Fat Women Don't They?" and it won an Emmy as well as earning Delta a nomination.

This might show age but I remember that show and episode really worth the watch lol

5 hours ago, Hotefatty said:

A rare exception to the rule. That happens a lot.

18 hours ago, Hotefatty said:

The episode paralleled Delta's real-life emotional issues, not all of which  were related to her weight. She had a rep of being somewhat of a diva on set, and did not get along well with key cast members. IIRC there was also a salary inequity dispute around that time as well. That being said, I am old enough to remember her weight gain and enjoyed watching her grow into a sexy bbw. 

4 hours ago, maltesefalcon said:

The episode paralleled Delta's real-life emotional issues, not all of which  were related to her weight. She had a rep of being somewhat of a diva on set, and did not get along well with key cast members. IIRC there was also a salary inequity dispute around that time as well. That being said, I am old enough to remember her weight gain and enjoyed watching her grow into a sexy bbw. 

Yes me too! She was one of the sexiest BBWs ever! And in fact you will recall she was fired from the show the following year for those real life issues you mentioned.

23 hours ago, Hotefatty said:

1 minute ago, Hotefatty said:

Yes me too! She was one of the sexiest BBWs ever! And in fact you will recall she was fired from the show the following year for those real life issues you mentioned.

Not so "rare exception" , at last. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to Kate Lambert from Teascher