Heavy cream alternatives?

Guest JennaP

Hey! So as you all know I’m actively trying to gain up to 225, but I’m getting tired of heavy cream plain or with syrup, and the fatter I get the more calories go to maintenance. Any smoothie recipes that aren’t too huge but taste good? Any tips or tricks to add some easy calories that I haven’t thought of?? Thought about apetamin but I already eat a lot and I don’t want to mess around with medication yet... thanks!

Guest PigInProgress

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/carbo.html?skuId=NOW149&PLASKU=NOW149&mcid=CG_PLA_US_OD_US_Low&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoJrfBRC0ARIsANqkS_5Fz00dL0GuP7B_B2vvIqedGmu7Z5QSQ6VaFwSIB2BZ6yQQHR-pFEAaAqK0EALw_wcB

It's basically 100% Complex Carbs and if you take 3 servings a day (750 calories of straight up carbs), it'll last you about 3 weeks. God only knows what would happen if you mixed it with heavy cream lmao

Guest MX8XV93

Diet Coke (and other drinks with aspartame) have no calories themselves, but they delay your feeling of fullness (so that you want to eat longer; just keep a bag of snacks open and see what happens... : P), make you crave sugar intensely, and put your body into fat-storage mode (especially if you drink them first thing in the morning or right before bed).

• 2 weeks later...

I think olive, avocado, peanut, and just any vegetables oils will do the trick. I know you can do animal product oils ( lard, butter, bacon fat ect.) But the plant product oils can travel through you vains more easily and will prevent blood clots. It won't taste the best but you be on this Earth longer and thus make you curvage family be able to appreciate  you longer.

On November 23, 2018 at 1:23 AM, Reid said:

I think olive, avocado, peanut, and just any vegetables oils will do the trick.

TB Heavy Cream: 51 cal

TB Olive Oil: 120 cal

Nuff said. It's why bodybuilders do constant shakes of peanut butter, olive oil w/their whey protein powder.

On November 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM, oatmeal said:

Alcohol is a fantastic source of empty calories. Not encouraging anything to effect your lifestyle but a glass of wine is good for your heart and appetite.

One of my wife's huge gaining phases was when every night she was drinking a 24oz can of those Bud Light Lime-A-Rita's. 660cal a can! On a Saturday she would drink like 3 of those things!

The weight gain effect of alcohol is that your body prioritizes metabolising the alcohol until it's out of your system – any calories consumed while drinking all are stored as fat. Her self-control over eating also would just dissolve and the sugar crash after them would have her right back in the cabinets. I swear you could see her getting fatter every day on those things.

• 2 weeks later...

Cream can be a useful ingredient when you make meals that require water or milk. But as cream is very fat, and fat makes the eater feel full sooner & longer, I'm not a big fan of it.

Simple carbs, like in bread, pastries, pasta, are easily broken down, and the sugar spike causes hunger feelings relatively fast again.

So, pick more of that kind of food :)