Locking the FatCelebs section like the video section.

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

So the main difference between FatCelebs and Videos is that only one allows you to view it without setting up an account here, and I think it's part of the reason we're scaring some women away from the site when they search their names and find themselves here (Tamara is one that I instantly think of). Any way we could require a login to access the FatCelebs section to at least add an extra step?

1 hour ago, lovelymeow555 said:

So the main difference between FatCelebs and Videos is that only one allows you to view it without setting up an account here, and I think it's part of the reason we're scaring some women away from the site when they search their names and find themselves here (Tamara is one that I instantly think of). Any way we could require a login to access the FatCelebs section to at least add an extra step?

Bravissimo!

I merely suggested this in random comments in assorted threads and didn't think to go through the front desk route.

Anyway, Admins - do it. Do it now. End this marathon of awkward incidents. You do not wanna stoke the fire and draw the ire of intersectionalist mobs. They don't stop. They're goddamned zombies. The sheer volume of fans that even D-list celebrities (not naming names) could bring can cripple us. Now we've got threads involving politicians. C'mon y'all. This wasn't gonna end well.

I see your concern, and it is valid however I would argue that the solution is to keep topics in the right spot. Some forums are private and others public intentionally. There are benefits to having some things public 

• its a free sample of sorts to help new members decide to sign up
  • gives google something to log for search results. After all new traffic is the lifeblood of a site like this. 

Fatcelebs is supposed to be for iconic public figures that are already well... public. Kelly clarkson, Kim K etc. if we have posts or members that require the protection of privacy there are lots of appropriate places these topics can live here on Curvage that aren’t public facing.