Weight Gain Story Lines (TV & Movies)

Chris9788

I feel the same about SVU. Not so much an episode, more like a story arc for Jamie Gray Hyder's character Kat. She's one of those Mary Sue type characters, so I think it would kinda humanize her.

I just don’t know how Supergirl ends up gaining weight in season 6, can you come up with any ideas on how Supergirl starts gaining weight and what are your thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RayRocks said:

I just don’t know how Supergirl ends up gaining weight in season 6, can you come up with any ideas on how Supergirl starts gaining weight and what are your thoughts.

There are a few ways. In homage to the Silver Age of Comics (referring to Action Comics #284) were characters would undergo numerous transformations, Kara is exposed to a form of Kryptonite and becomes extremely overweight but still retains her powers.

I don't see this working on television but the reason she's exposed to Kryptonite is because of Mr Mxyzptlk who we've not seen in a while, this could work as the could come back (recast as a male or female) and, still trying to seduce Kara, uses their powers to transform Kara into various versions of herself (including a heavier one) to satisfy their desires. This might not work either as it would be a brief scene involving a quick bit of cgi or a body double. This idea could also have Mxyzptlk transfer their powers, Q (Star Trek) style to Alex or someone else and they transform Kara for the duration of the episode.

The last idea is a simple one; Kara loses her powers during a natural or manufactured solar event and as a result loses her kryptonian metabolism and we have a scene of her stress eating and maybe getting a bit of a gut because of it.

While I also would like to see a bigger version of Supergirl, it's just not going to happen. Because of what happened with Insatiable, no network is going to even think about making an actress wear fat prosthetics, which, let's face it,  is what would have to happen as Melissa will no doubt be  working out after having her baby to finish up however many episodes her last season will have. Body image/fat shaming whatever you want to call it is a big issue in television nowadays and it's highly unlikely we'll ever see an actress wear prosthetics, have their pregnancy incorporated into a weight gain storyline or just straight up put on weight for the sake of a story.

On 1/28/2021 at 12:41 AM, RayRocks said:

I don't watch Supergirl. She's cute though, and would be really hot if she gained fat.

On 1/23/2021 at 4:29 PM, stan28 said:

Sounds a little like Dating The Enemy. It stars Guy Pearce & Claudia Karvan. It's about 2 people who hate each other. One day they wake up in each others Body. There is a small progression where the chick gains weight. I am doing a terrible job describing it, but then it's not easy to describe it. I shall see if I can find some clips.

<EDIT> Could not find the clip.

Found it:

http://bodyswap88.blogspot.com/2016/07/dating-enemy-1996.html

Not worth it

Speaking of horrible rom coms with minor wg elements:

Raising Helen: Kate Hudson is a happy, single new York fashion professional who gets saddles with raising her dead sister's kids to teach her to grow up because sexism. She stress eats and at one point mentions the kids have ruined her  ability to fit into a size two but nothing is shown.

Bride Wars: Kate hudson, again, and her lifelong best friend Anne hathaway are getting married on the same day, not to each other which would be a better movie. But the dream wedding destination only has one slot or something so they abandon decades of friendship to go into debt over an entirely meaningless location. Hudson's character used to be fat, so to sabotage her Hathaway sends her her old comfort foods to fatten her up. Nothing is shown.

5 hours ago, Batman76 said:

Speaking of horrible rom coms with minor wg elements:

Raising Helen: Kate Hudson is a happy, single new York fashion professional who gets saddles with raising her dead sister's kids to teach her to grow up because sexism. She stress eats and at one point mentions the kids have ruined her  ability to fit into a size two but nothing is shown.

Bride Wars: Kate hudson, again, and her lifelong best friend Anne hathaway are getting married on the same day, not to each other which would be a better movie. But the dream wedding destination only has one slot or something so they abandon decades of friendship to go into debt over an entirely meaningless location. Hudson's character used to be fat, so to sabotage her Hathaway sends her her old comfort foods to fatten her up. Nothing is shown.

i knew about and actually like the brides wars one (for what it was) and now even though i know its just going to be a throw away line im probably going to have to see raising helen now (maybe ill draw some fixes on these) but it kinda just goes into hollywoods inability to deliver on some things, like in bride wars would it have been so bad to have kate hudson in some padding for afew scenes?

I don't know if mutual bridezillas / lesbian bridezilla vs. gay groomzilla have ever been made into a movie yet, but gosh, I wish they were

16 hours ago, Weightcomicguy said:

curiosity made me watch, you wanna go to 51 mins in and then jump to 59 mins, its really nothing and i could see how they could have at least played it up without changing much but i guess they didnt want their leading lady looking frumpy/bloated

I saw the "little pooch in the yellow dress" scene by skipping around, but that pizza bit was so minor it didn't even register until I had the sound on. "And the world's a hard place for a fat woman!" Yeah, obviously, so she's got nothing to worry about.

5 hours ago, KerryNation said:

I think that's supposed to be a rapid pregnancy...with some age progression thrown in for every character. I think that character was like, 8 or 10 in the prior scene. The whole island seems to work this way, rapidly aging its occupants. 

That sound bout right 

Yeah, the great is gonna have pregnancy in it's next season. I'm hoping it continues on enough to the point where Catherine the great got obese.

I like that I can actually picture what Dakota Fanning’s little sister would look like in a fat prosthetic makeup and fat suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk