Weight Gain Story Lines (TV & Movies)

Chris9788

3 hours ago, KerryNation said:

Right? You hardly EVER see skinny actresses do the kinds of physical comedy that Wilson and McCarthy seem to have written into their contracts as a requirement. Like, maybe Anne Hathaway has done something similar, but she's not required to trip and fall and be clumsy in every fucking movie she's in. I'd love to see McCarthy do a pivot and get roles similar to what Kathy Bates has gotten in recent years, where she can display something OTHER than tripping over invisible objects and crashing through the scenery. 

Melissa can be a disturbed person on AHS, I would be comfortable watching that. At least the vibes would fit. Making her a comedian just because she is fat is the mistake that keeps failing upwards. That Matt Foley impression video is hard to watch, the four punchlines in it are that she is fat and can dress up like a chris farley character, she is yelling loudly, she uses her large body to bump into the third rock actress, and she uses her large body to break through the table.  I like to think about jokes and comedy and when I do it with hers I feel like I'm in a psychiatrists chair.

On 12/15/2020 at 5:07 AM, KerryNation said:

Let me guess: Melissa McCarthy does her best Chris Farley impersonation and falls on her ass, trips over shit, and just generally pratfalls all over the place? I love that bigger gals are getting roles these days, but GOD DAMN....would it kill Hollywood to write a fat character that isn't comic relief, doesn't desperately want to be skinny, and isn't a repulsively neurotic shut-in? Between McCarthy and Rebel Wilson, you'd think that all that a plus-sized actress could do is fall over, be clumsy, and half-heartedly joke about her own weight. 

Well, you basically admitted without saying that CHris Farley's legacy is just what you (accurately) found in most comediennes-of-size. So they're not completely alone in that regard. But, to  address the clownery of non-skinny comedic actresses, we gotta take a step back.

Most comedic actresses come from sketch comedy, whereas most male comedic actors come from stand-up. In the world of stand-up, you'll usually hear the unsavory mantra of "women aren't funny". It's a statement, that if taken seriously - which it shouldn't be, but how can one not respond to that? - breeds disagreement, but there are valid concerns. Those concerns are not the fault of that young lady performing, but of the audience's nature. Human minds have long had a subconscious bias (not "unconscious bias" as too many so-called smarties like to say, because the bias isn't presented while someone's in a coma, for crying out loud) against listening to women. Both sexes in aggregate tend to find it easier to give attention to men and this simply gives an advantage (or privilege, if you will) to men in stand-up comedy... But sketch comedy is different. You have to be seen, you have to express physically, evoke emotion, use props and sometimes make them.. you have to perform. These are things that level the playing field for comediennes, so they find their way through the sketch route where you have to fall over yourself, get pied in the face and have your pants fall down as opposed to philosophizing everyday experiences and then turning to the crowd and whispering "Hot Pockets".

Granted there are people who show disinterest in sketch comedy as well; I can't say it stems from misogyny or any type of bigotry, but I digress. 

16 hours ago, KerryNation said:

Right? You hardly EVER see skinny actresses do the kinds of physical comedy that Wilson and McCarthy seem to have written into their contracts as a requirement. Like, maybe Anne Hathaway has done something similar, but she's not required to trip and fall and be clumsy in every fucking movie she's in. I'd love to see McCarthy do a pivot and get roles similar to what Kathy Bates has gotten in recent years, where she can display something OTHER than tripping over invisible objects and crashing through the scenery. 

You could toss Lele Pons and other online female comics into that cringe physical realm. She and most of her colleagues in that subgenre aren't emaciated but they certainly aren't what I'd call plus-size, even if they have threads on Curvage. Then, of course when you go back in time you got thin women in the physical comedy scene: Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett, Penny Marshall, I'll throw Cher in there. But yeah, even if you don't find Melissa McCarthy funny, you can't deny her acting ability and it does seem wasted on the clown stuff. But as cringe as it is, it's a hell of a lot better than an Amy Schumer routine, a ton of the chicks who were invited to perform on Conan or hearing some half-assed feminist lecture from a white woman with a lot more privilege than myself and most users here. But hey, at least I listened to them.

15 hours ago, OscarWinner said:

Melissa's idea of funny and why she names Chris Farley as her favorite comedian is because of the end of the Matt Foley sketch when he uses his large body to obnoxiously and loudly yell and bump into and break things and people.  Forget that he is supposed to be there motivating the kids and instead has a slow uncomfortable mental breakdown in front of them while describing his depressing life, part of which the audience is obviously able to infer includes being overweight, which is tied to him having to rely on government cheese and being poor. So to me that shows as much comedic understanding as the galaxy brained bros who yelled the n word back at Dave Chappelle after he made the Clayton Bigsby sketch.  But I really do believe that becoming a comedic actress is something the industry just decided around Melissa because of its twisted "fat is funny and weird" pathology. I don't want to hold it against her, I just want her to get a better sense of humor for my own selfish reasons because her shit crosses into what feels like being mean-spirited and resentful to me and it ruins whatever she touches for me at this point.

11 hours ago, showmeyourbellygirl said:

Melissa's idea of funny and why she names Chris Farley as her favorite comedian is because of the end of the Matt Foley sketch when he uses his large body to obnoxiously and loudly yell and bump into and break things and people.  Forget that he is supposed to be there motivating the kids and instead has a slow uncomfortable mental breakdown in front of them while describing his depressing life, part of which the audience is obviously able to infer includes being overweight, which is tied to him having to rely on government cheese and being poor. So to me that shows as much comedic understanding as the galaxy brained bros who yelled the n word back at Dave Chappelle after he made the Clayton Bigsby sketch.  But I really do believe that becoming a comedic actress is something the industry just decided around Melissa because of its twisted "fat is funny and weird" pathology. I don't want to hold it against her, I just want her to get a better sense of humor for my own selfish reasons because her shit crosses into what feels like being mean-spirited and resentful to me and it ruins whatever she touches for me at this point.

Of course, but I do think she is getting a better sense of that type of humor and it's place in the industry. Then again, it just so happens to come as she loses weight.

Gee, what a coincidence 🙄

Not sure if this has ever been posted in here, but there's a Benny Hill skit I remember from when I was a kid. Benny keeps trying to woo this slim, attractive woman. All the while he pigs out and keeps offering her food, she refuses and makes a gesture about trying to keep slim. Her eventually proposes to her and at their wedding she tries a hors d'oeuvre and starts eating everything at the reception. The camera for it focuses on her hands while she's gorging and when it pans back up to her she's packed on significant amount of weight. Its not anything too too good but its something I remember seeing when I was young that awakened something in me

benny hill 1.jpg

benny hill 2.jpg

4 hours ago, SLurmy said:

Not sure if this has ever been posted in here, but there's a Benny Hill skit I remember from when I was a kid. Benny keeps trying to woo this slim, attractive woman. All the while he pigs out and keeps offering her food, she refuses and makes a gesture about trying to keep slim. Her eventually proposes to her and at their wedding she tries a hors d'oeuvre and starts eating everything at the reception. The camera for it focuses on her hands while she's gorging and when it pans back up to her she's packed on significant amount of weight. Its not anything too too good but its something I remember seeing when I was young that awakened something in me

benny hill 1.jpg

benny hill 2.jpg

Benny Hill: marriage - video Dailymotion

I remember seeing that same sketch as an impressionable young lad, it may have been one of the factors that ensured that I would end fancying plump women.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:59 PM, OscarWinner said:

Of course, but I do think she is getting a better sense of that type of humor and it's place in the industry. Then again, it just so happens to come as she loses weight.

Gee, what a coincidence 🙄

I disagree that Melissa McCarthy is getting any better, if anything I think she's wasting her talent much like how Adam Sandler has, she has the money now not to make this crap but she does and I for the life of me can't understand why. Also why the hell is Octavia Spencer subjecting herself to this nonsense? I don't get it.

On 12/26/2020 at 3:48 PM, A Saucerful Of Harry said:

I disagree that Melissa McCarthy is getting any better, if anything I think she's wasting her talent much like how Adam Sandler has, she has the money now not to make this crap but she does and I for the life of me can't understand why. Also why the hell is Octavia Spencer subjecting herself to this nonsense? I don't get it.

M O N E Y 

• 2 weeks later...

Season 1 episode 1 of the Danish political TV show Borgen (on Netflix) has a sub-plot with several mentions throughout the whole episode of the main character, a female politician, gaining weight and not fitting into clothes. She talks about stress-eating during election season, struggles to get her outfits, talks about nothing fitting, and even talks about it when her character goes on TV.

21 hours ago, couch said:

L'episodio 1 della stagione 1 dello show televisivo politico danese Borgen (su Netflix) ha una sottotrama con diverse menzioni durante l'intero episodio del personaggio principale, una donna politica, che aumenta di peso e non si adatta ai vestiti. Parla del consumo di stress durante la stagione elettorale, lotta per ottenere i suoi abiti, non parla di nulla di adatto e ne parla anche quando il suo personaggio va in TV.

Are there any scenes or she just talks about that? 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dave1431010 said:

All the folks with pregnancy fetish’s are going to enjoy the latest episode of Wanda vision 

Keep it up. I often have no idea why this site started to stop posting when celebs would get pregnant. As if you go back form the beginning & the original site before it crashed. There was nothing off limits.

30 minutes ago, stan28 said:

Keep it up. I often have no idea why this site started to stop posting when celebs would get pregnant. As if you go back form the beginning & the original site before it crashed. There was nothing off limits.

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense. They had no problem starting a thread for Mila Kunis but then never updated it during her pregnancies. Plus, I'm a big fan of Milla Jovovich's pregnancies, partly because she gained 70+ pounds in her first and 50+ pounds in her third. By that logic, you'd think she'd have a thread on here, too, but there's nothing for her

I will never understand how these things work

Guest Dave1431010

This one is kind of a stretch, but there’s some mild weight gain content in the new Pixar movie Soul.

mild spoilers ahead:

when Jamie Foxx and Tina fey make it back to the real world, their souls accidentally go to the wrong bodies. This leads Tina feys body to be in Jamie foxxs body. So since Tina fey has never existed as a human before, she goes around eating all these foods, and there’s some implications of weight gain (pants ripping). 

however, it all happens through Jamie foxxs body (with tina feys voice). Maybe the bisexual/gay community on here will enjoy this one.

Additionally, another one I noticed in case anyone here is attracted to men: There was a scene on the new show Mr Mayor where Bobby Moniham had to eat an entire massive pancake. 

1 hour ago, Dave1431010 said:

This one is kind of a stretch, but there’s some mild weight gain content in the new Pixar movie Soul.

mild spoilers ahead:

when Jamie Foxx and Tina fey make it back to the real world, their souls accidentally go to the wrong bodies. This leads Tina feys body to be in Jamie foxxs body. So since Tina fey has never existed as a human before, she goes around eating all these foods, and there’s some implications of weight gain (pants ripping). 

however, it all happens through Jamie foxxs body (with tina feys voice). Maybe the bisexual/gay community on here will enjoy this one.

Additionally, another one I noticed in case anyone here is attracted to men: There was a scene on the new show Mr Mayor where Bobby Moniham had to eat an entire massive pancake. 

Sounds a little like Dating The Enemy. It stars Guy Pearce & Claudia Karvan. It's about 2 people who hate each other. One day they wake up in each others Body. There is a small progression where the chick gains weight. I am doing a terrible job describing it, but then it's not easy to describe it. I shall see if I can find some clips.

<EDIT> Could not find the clip.

Guest Dave1431010
6 hours ago, stan28 said:

Sounds a little like Dating The Enemy. It stars Guy Pearce & Claudia Karvan. It's about 2 people who hate each other. One day they wake up in each others Body. There is a small progression where the chick gains weight. I am doing a terrible job describing it, but then it's not easy to describe it. I shall see if I can find some clips.

<EDIT> Could not find the clip.

Is it worth watching for that scene? Or is it very short

16 hours ago, Dave1431010 said:

Is it worth watching for that scene? Or is it very short

It's a gradual gain, but it peaks when the chick looks at the reflection in the mirror, but after that it pretty much goes back to normal. The movie is ok. Been years since I seen it. It's a romantic comedy. So what every your taste is I guess.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:32 PM, RayRocks said:

I really really want a weight gain episode on Supergirl season 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel the same about SVU. Not so much an episode, more like a story arc for Jamie Gray Hyder's character Kat. She's one of those Mary Sue type characters, so I think it would kinda humanize her.