Weight Gain Story Lines (TV & Movies)

Chris9788

49 minutes ago, Drytuner said:

I'm French dude, I'm pretty sure that I know them better than you do. 

I understand the cultural appropriation thread better now. 

You are as French as Emmanuel Macron, it doesn't mean that you are fully, socially self-aware about systematic fatphobia (oh irony, I quoted the one French president who understand the less his own people) . If you really confuse a social pattern of size biased stigmatization and its both psychological and sociological effects upon a broader society with an agressive form of takeover onto a cultural legacy, you are really missing the point on all plans. Fair enough.

2 hours ago, John Smith said:

You are as French as Emmanuel Macron, it doesn't mean that you are fully, socially self-aware about systematic fatphobia (oh irony, I quoted the one French president who understand the less his own people) . If you really confuse a social pattern of size biased stigmatization and its both psychological and sociological effects upon a broader society with an agressive form of takeover onto a cultural legacy, you are really missing the point on all plans. Fair enough.

First, don't you ever compare me with this piece of crap again. 

Second, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have talked about appropriation, it's more like an amalgam. You can't come and say every French thinks like that, it's as if I'd say every American eat burgers and voted Trump, that's stupid and dangerous. Everyone is different, don't presume to know what everyone thinks.

Some French people thinks like that, a lot of others do love curvy women. 

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

You guys realize this is why we have a private message function right? That way you’re not airing your dirty laundry for the whole site to see while you derail a topic...

26 minutes ago, lovelymeow555 said:

You guys realize this is why we have a private message function right? That way you’re not airing your dirty laundry for the whole site to see while you derail a topic...

It's fine, they'll probably give up soon anyways.

To kind of get back on topic. There is a show that appears in some other countries outside the US based on the same format. It's basically called Your Face Sounds Familiar. The take stars in their respective countries and transform them into different famous singers in their countries and around the world. These are a couple clips I've come across where they use makeup and fatsuits.

1 hour ago, RayRocks said:

Can you find a video that's from a tv show from ABC'S After school special called Through thick to thin, were a skinny girl and her overweight sister switch body weights, it's from the 1990s.

That is one of the holy grails. Been looking for it for years. Hopefully someone has better luck then me. Also some of the talk shows from the 90s and early 2000s like Jenny Jones, Ricki Lake and Montel Williams, when they did fatsuit social experiments. 

8 hours ago, Bubba Butts said:

To kind of get back on topic. There is a show that appears in some other countries outside the US based on the same format. It's basically called Your Face Sounds Familiar. The take stars in their respective countries and transform them into different famous singers in their countries and around the world. These are a couple clips I've come across where they use makeup and fatsuits.

My apologies to quote the entire post (I can't remove what I want) , but is this a blackface?

whats up love GIF by TikTok

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

Just a heads up that the prospective Family Guy weight gain episode mentioned quite a while ago (where Meg becomes famous on the internet for her unhealthy eating) is due to air May 5th.

15 minutes ago, lovelymeow555 said:

Just a heads up that the prospective Family Guy weight gain episode mentioned quite a while ago (where Meg becomes famous on the internet for her unhealthy eating) is due to air May 5th.

Ugh, yet another chance for that show to make us look awful on the mainstream. Glad I haven't watched it in damn near a decade.

1 hour ago, OscarWinner said:

Ugh, yet another chance for that show to make us look awful on the mainstream. Glad I haven't watched it in damn near a decade.

Outside of quick cut-away jokes, and Lois' weight gain episode, they really haven't had a good track record with this sort of thing. 

4 hours ago, OscarWinner said:

Glad to hear that the average American watcher found a cartoon about an obese family leader who tolerate his dog having casually interspecies sexual encounters with women or his baby being basically Oedipus, still pertaining to the expectations of their moral ground.

8 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Glad to hear that the average American watcher found a cartoon about an obese family leader who tolerate his dog having casually interspecies sexual encounters with women or his baby being basically Oedipus, still pertaining to the expectations of their moral ground.

It's better than you.

Guest JigglyArms
10 hours ago, cagerageking2 said:

Sure John Smith can be an intolerant, overbearing pest...but he's our intolerant, overbearing pest. Let's put down the pitchforks folks. Maybe a more annoying SSBBW-purist would come along to take his place if he wasn't around.

Who could be more annoying than John Smith?

2 hours ago, knoxfan1316 said:

Since everyone is going off on a tangent for no reason and completely derailing the fucking topic at hand, I might as well repost this old cartoon episode. It may be old news but it'll be more interesting than the shitposting currently going on this post atm.

Nice lmao