Weight Gain Story Lines (TV & Movies)

Chris9788

Anyone remember the flash game called Bimbo Buster? It was essentially a bunch of skinny girls in swimsuits complaining about their weight. Once their rant is over, a gun called the "Bimbo Buster" ascends from the bottom of the screen. The player shoots the gun and suddenly the women put on a ton of weight.

For some reason I remembered this tonight.

Couldn't find that, but I found this (It's cute, in it's own way)

http://paploman.deviantart.com/art/VavavOOm-Milky-Boobs-181879484

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Netflix just added a movie called "Bad Habits" to its lineup. It's primarily about an anorexic mother and her determination to pass that mental illness on to her young daughter, who is overweight. Her husband, however, likes his women more full-figured, and thus, has an affair with a college-age girl (Milagros Vidal) who is on the pudgy side.

Grimness of the main story aside, this has a couple of pretty decent sex scenes featuring the chubby mistress.

http://www.nitrovideo.com/video/bad-habits-malos-habitos-video-clip-05-64257.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, jd6013 said:

First post here! I highly recommend watching this movie. There's a montage of her stuffing her face with fast food, pastries, ice cream, etc over a period of 6 weeks. During this time she is also "visualizing" her workouts while resting and eating pizza, instead of actually working out.

After the montage, there's a scene where she shows up for try-outs. She takes off her jacket and it's revealed she now has a massive gut and a bubble butt. Her gain makes it very hard to do her routines. I think she also mentions being hungry during her try-out. 

After this, we get a montage of her and her coach ACTUALLY working out and practicing, because now the coach actually wants her to win. She still has her new potbelly during the first bit of the montage.

I loved it! The movie is funny, but hearing about the weight gain stuff on here is what made me and my girlfriend decide to go see it. We were very pleased. If you think the gain in "Mean Girls" is sexy, I think you'll love it. 

Sounds very much like the gain/belly reveal in "The Great White Hype"...only we get a sexy gymnast this time, instead of Damon Wayans, lol!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

In the new film "I, Tonya" we see Margot periodically as a mid-40s gunted Tonya Harding during the present-day narration sequences, but there's also a brief interlude showing her indulgence and gain during an off-season binge of gluttony and laziness, likely as a result of the typical white trash family/spousal dysfunction.

This (very)short clip shows both today's overweight Tonya, and the relevant montage piece:

This movie was utterly miscast. Margot Robbie looks more like Nancy Kerrigan than she does Tonya Harding. They really, really should have gotten Amy Adams to play Tonya. 

On 12/27/2017 at 9:57 AM, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

It's not about an actor or actress looking like the character or historical figure they're playing, it's about their ability to emote properly and sell the believably.  Anthony Hopkins didn't look like Nixon, yet he did an amazing job with his portrayal because he was able to get across the feeling of who Nixon was(or at least what many people saw him as).

Robbie is incredibly talented as an actress and stage performer, and I think she did a fine job....besides, they can add padding to Margot's mom-jeans for the later years, but since she starts playing Harding from the age of 14 on up, a 36-year-old chubby Schumer just wouldn't have cut it one bit during those crucial teen to early twenties years.

When watching an efficient thespian in motion, you'll forget that you are watching famous person x y or z and become entangled in whoever they are bringing to life onscreen....and thus, the disbelief is suspended.  :)

Amy ADAMS, not Schumer. Did you even READ my post? Hopkins was able to emulate Nixon, but he too, wasn't the best fit for that role. He had some prosthetic help, and even he, as great as he is, could only do a passable imitation of Richard Nixon. Margot Robbie is, simply put, too glamorous to play a girl who was the epitome of "nothing special" in the looks department, Tonya Harding. Amy Adams is much more capable of playing those sorts of "plain jane" roles than the super-model gorgeous Robbie is, IMO. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 12:45 AM, OscarWinner said:

They coulda done much better with her legs, especially the thighs. The voice is too much but it does drive the idea. The farts however...*sigh* can't say I'm surprised.

Better than nothing, though.

Totally agree. This was like some idiot frat douche's idea of a fat woman. Because skinny, hot people never fart, and fat people always do, right? And they're so fucking base and disgusting they eat food off of the GROUND, even if it has roadkill hair in it! 

Jesus Christ. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 2:38 PM, dunchester said:

New Show. No idea whether this character remains consistently paunchy, but my guess from brief shots of her looking thin is that she's gone to seed after having her time in the limelight.

This is like something out of an S. Sakurai comic...reminds me a lot of Benjamin Glee from IntraGalactic! 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Morbiose said:

Insatiable is the worst thing I've ever tried to watch for this forum, and that includes Problem Child 2 and a game show with Dave Coulier.

I'm going to say what everyone else is saying: the face makeup is surprisingly decent by TV's low standards (even if the chin edge is very noticeable at times), the actual suit is quite bad (slight shoulder padding, a round pillow-belly, and nothing below the waist), and screentime for both is much more limited than I expected. The show itself, as you might imagine, is utter garbo.

I can't stress this enough: it really is not worth it. Not even just the first episode. Wait for the inevitable compilation of Patty scenes on YouTube or something.

Thanks for taking a bullet for the team. Anything else on your radar currently? I'm not seeing much, outside of the home release of TULLY, to get excited about. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, OscarWinner said:

Ugh, yet another chance for that show to make us look awful on the mainstream. Glad I haven't watched it in damn near a decade.

Outside of quick cut-away jokes, and Lois' weight gain episode, they really haven't had a good track record with this sort of thing.