Weight Gain Story Lines (TV & Movies)

Chris9788

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't speak a word of Spanish, but this is worth a watch. It documents the weight ups and downs of Leticia Herrero during the filming of the movie "Gordos".

Actress Maria Morales also gained weight for her role.

Thanks for posting the video Aussieyada!  I've been for stuff surrounding Gordos for years since I've heard about how several of the actresses put on weight as part of doing their roles, but have only found trailers to the movie.

Do you have any clue as to how tall Ms. Herrero is by chance?  I did a quick look for her on the 'net, but didn't find anything.  I'm just trying to put her 55-pound gain in full context.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone has the scene of eve mendas in the fat suit, or can just tell me why she got fat in the film?

Eva Mendes' character Jennifer was fat when she first met Larry David's character Nathan/Rolly several years (not seen in the film).  During the course of the film they have a discussion in which Nathan/Rolly bets Jennifer $50 on if she'll gain back the weight, this part of the film I'm not sure of as I had to step out.  Nathan/Rolly blows up a his former business partner's home (which is the main plot of the film) and is sent to jail for three years.  After Nathan/Rolly gets out he goes to a bar where he sees Jennifer fat again and Jennifer offers to settle the bet by taking him out to dinner but only if he shaves.

Essentially, Mendes' character was essentially heavy most of her life was able to take the weight off for a few years then couldn't help gaining it back.

• 1 year later...

I want to echo maxgrowth and thank both B$fan and lovelymeow55 for the links to the Suddenly Susan episode.  I remember watching that particular episode and thought about Andrea Bendewald in that fat suit every time I saw the character Maddy Piper from that moment on, even in reruns after the show ended.

• 1 month later...

I don't remember the gone girl WG sequence.

Has anyone heard about this American horror show? I don't know anything about it but they're talkig about it over on the fantasy feeder forums. Apparently there's an episode with forced feedeing.

Edit: apparently, this is the episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_Among_Us

It was covered on the forum, either a few pages back in this thread or a thread made for the actress (I can't think of her name).

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, Moody said:

Thanks! Is there any similar shows?!

I think there is a Russian show that features an woman who gains and loses weight, I've seen stuff from it on YouTube but can't give you the name.

That is the only show off the top of my head, if I learn the name or thinks of any more I'll let you know.  But I encourage you to go through this entire thread because I think that Russian show was posted about before as well as many more examples.

• 4 years later...