Weight Gain Story Lines (TV & Movies)

Chris9788

Guest chichen strip
1 hour ago, ButtonBuster said:

Hey folks! I'm wondering if you could help a brother out. See, I found this gifset on tumblr, and for the life of me I can't figure out where it's from. If anyone could help look for it, that'd be great. 

a5dc6649997d49c1c8141c7a533026fb97f3fb55

Guest chichen strip
42 minutes ago, ButtonBuster said:

Chicken Strip, you're the MAN. 

If only I could get the full k3 bengletjes movie 😭

Guest fatlover123456
2 hours ago, chichen strip said:

The real question is "Does this weight gain arc continue in subsequent episodes?"

No hablo russian.

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow
On 12/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, ButtonBuster said:

Hey folks! I'm wondering if you could help a brother out. See, I found this gifset on tumblr, and for the life of me I can't figure out where it's from. If anyone could help look for it, that'd be great. 

a5dc6649997d49c1c8141c7a533026fb97f3fb55

On 12/2/2019 at 1:28 PM, Griigor said:

Russian show, there was a youtube montage with subtitles posted earlier in the thread although the guy who translated it took a few creative licenses. Might have been around page 20 (?) but don’t quote me on that.

edit: page 62 although the video has been blocked

I'm the one who posted the video, but it's been blocked worldwide due to a copyright strike. I've looked into it and apparently the audio during the montage was one of the reasons, so I decided to take a guitar track from a royalty-free website and composed a quick 30 second track around it with my own drums. (I used to belong to an all-girl punk band a long, long time ago but the band broke up when the boyfriend of the bassist was cheating on her with the chick on lead guitar...)

Here's the video hosted on Streamable, which seems to have a better track record of staying alive:

https://streamable.com/h2qye

Guest OneLastHero

So I guess in an episode of Re:Zero season two there’s going to be an episode where Emilia gains weight. Subaru (a character from a different world) finds out how to make butter in theirs and she gets addicted to it 

73A795BD-BFEA-482C-AAE1-9F67B4E0CF7B.jpeg

6B222F2C-3673-46E5-8238-D9C46AE1D5F9.jpeg

0D69149E-2BD4-452E-83B4-A48083D8CC83.jpeg

4C4B1829-2715-4AD6-9180-90C04BCD96FC.jpeg

381F4BF2-ECA6-44CE-ACC8-A96CE80D8DCA.jpeg

Huh, reminds me of something teased from the Devil is a Part Timer.

Its an anime where ...essentially Satan and his top lieutenant are defeated in a huge war by an epic hero in a fantasy world they flee through a portal, arriving in Tokyo as powerless teenagers and have to work at McDonalds. The hero arrives as a girl who stalks them.

Shenanigans later and there's communication between the heroine and her team back in the fantasy world, with her speaking to her cute witch friend who reports that the only problem is she's been putting on weight lately for some reason, with the camera panning out to show a mountain of american junk food next to her.

Unfortunately it never got a second season, it was a good show.

Guest OneLastHero

Oh I’ve seen it! Part timer is good! It’s the same genre of anime. It’s called isekai, it’s a genre where the main character gets put into another world 

On 12/3/2019 at 5:21 PM, lovelymeow555 said:

I'm the one who posted the video, but it's been blocked worldwide due to a copyright strike. I've looked into it and apparently the audio during the montage was one of the reasons, so I decided to take a guitar track from a royalty-free website and composed a quick 30 second track around it with my own drums. (I used to belong to an all-girl punk band a long, long time ago but the band broke up when the boyfriend of the bassist was cheating on her with the chick on lead guitar...)

Here's the video hosted on Streamable, which seems to have a better track record of staying alive:

https://streamable.com/h2qye

Good work! That's an awesome montage. Are those the real captions? I don't speak Russian and someone suggested earlier in the thread they weren't the true captions. What was the premise of the episode?

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

Thanks. The premise of the episode was that 'Valencia' caught a guy she was interested in with another woman - seeing that the woman was on the heavier side, Valencia decides to try and eat herself into the arms of her lover, however, it turns out that it was all a misunderstanding so the episode ends after a brief confrontation. What is true is that the blonde woman, 'Eve', did want to fatten up Valencia so that she would look better in comparison (as her thought bubble showed off) what wasn't true was the ending where Valencia turns up to proposition 'Salem' on a date - that's an entirely different actress and her plot motivations are entirely different to what it's captioned as. Still, I worked with what I could and I think the result is okay. 

1 hour ago, Batman76 said:

Huh, reminds me of something teased from the Devil is a Part Timer.

Its an anime where ...essentially Satan and his top lieutenant are defeated in a huge war by an epic hero in a fantasy world they flee through a portal, arriving in Tokyo as powerless teenagers and have to work at McDonalds. The hero arrives as a girl who stalks them.

Shenanigans later and there's communication between the heroine and her team back in the fantasy world, with her speaking to her cute witch friend who reports that the only problem is she's been putting on weight lately for some reason, with the camera panning out to show a mountain of american junk food next to her.

Unfortunately it never got a second season, it was a good show.

Speaking of anime, Fat Elf is being sold as hard copies in Barnes & Noble. Could it be that an anime adaptation is coming? I sure hope so 😍

7 hours ago, lovelymeow555 said:

Thanks. The premise of the episode was that 'Valencia' caught a guy she was interested in with another woman - seeing that the woman was on the heavier side, Valencia decides to try and eat herself into the arms of her lover, however, it turns out that it was all a misunderstanding so the episode ends after a brief confrontation. What is true is that the blonde woman, 'Eve', did want to fatten up Valencia so that she would look better in comparison (as her thought bubble showed off) what wasn't true was the ending where Valencia turns up to proposition 'Salem' on a date - that's an entirely different actress and her plot motivations are entirely different to what it's captioned as. Still, I worked with what I could and I think the result is okay. 

Ah, thanks for explaining. What was the deal with the whole plus-size beauty pageant sub-plot?

9 hours ago, OneLastHero said:

So I guess in an episode of Re:Zero season two there’s going to be an episode where Emilia gains weight. Subaru (a character from a different world) finds out how to make butter in theirs and she gets addicted to it 

She strangely look like a silver-haired Michiko Ōhashi evolving to the two well-known opposite ends of her bodyweight. Has she been designed after the singer or it's merely a coincidence?

hipwee-michiko.png

97d7baf5c9714a0bf9e5dd29f256babc.jpg

ohashi1.jpg

tumblr_pm0cmm6gzE1v4e52o_540.png

Guest OneLastHero
7 minutes ago, John Smith said:

She strangely look like a silver-haired Michiko Ōhashi evolving to the two well-known opposite ends of her bodyweight. Has she been designed after the singer or it's merely a coincidence?

hipwee-michiko.png

97d7baf5c9714a0bf9e5dd29f256babc.jpg

ohashi1.jpg

tumblr_pm0cmm6gzE1v4e52o_540.png

that is strange haha. Im honestly not sure. from what I understand its only going to be for one episode but maybe this is a subtle reference to her? I can say. very interesting though!

10 hours ago, OneLastHero said:

4C4B1829-2715-4AD6-9180-90C04BCD96FC.jpeg

381F4BF2-ECA6-44CE-ACC8-A96CE80D8DCA.jpeg

So good man but how do you know that and in what episode is that ?

Guest OneLastHero
3 minutes ago, Nickclarck said:

So good man but how do you know that and in what episode is that ?

someone made a post about it on anime amino (app). I messaged the OP but he has yet to respond. beyond what ive said I dont know very much else