Just need advice on a situation with a friend (not related to gaining or bbw)

lk4life

So I’m kinda bummed but my friend texted me this the other day randomly totally giving her space. It was just so random, I was texting her during lunch time and she semmed fine but when I texted her later. She responsed with “I dont feel like talking right now. Im not mad at you, it has nothing to do with you. I just dont feel like talking. I dont want to talk about it, and i dont wanna talk about it later. I just need to blow off some steam. So I will talk to you later, whenever that is. And im going to repeat this for you, not mad at you, it has nothing to do with you. I just need some time alone. I’ll talk to you some other time.” Is it my fault?  I’ve been kinda bummed since then 

I know this is a late response, I can attest that for me, I sometimes do need some space. A lot of the times it's because I'm not sure how to process something in a way that I can outwardly express to anyone that asks. I would rather have time to digest what's going on and break it down and rationalize it before I even talk to anyone else about it. 

I can tell you, that she is not mad and probably has told you so because she does care about you as a friend and wants you to know that she does realize that you may worry about it. I would message her back and tell her something like, "That sucks that you're going through a hard time, but I just want you to know that if you would like to talk about it I am here, but I respect you needing time to deal with what you're going through."