Sometimes the baby weight stays

oatmeal

On 9/19/2018 at 6:32 PM, oatmeal said:

So back from vacation and she has deff gained a few. No idea how much but her belly looks bigger. Saturday she was getting dressed and both her bra and panties looked way too small. Serrious back fat spillage eating into the strap of her bra and sides of her underware. She had me put her 38 d bra on and it was a struggle to het the band clasped.

Apparently eatting fastfood twice a day on the road is bad for you. Also, im not kidding here, everything she ate the whole trip was either fried, covered in cheeze or carbs. Its like they dont make healthy food in the midwest. She isnt normally a big eatter but it was a constant flow of road snacks, greasy fast food lunches / breakfasts and big dinners. I did my best to avoid what i could and i still feel like i need a week long detox. She was really shoveling it in. 

Thats before considering all the beer and wine. Since it was vacation there was alot of drinking and all those empty calories only served to make ger hungry late at night. On saturday we whet to a wedding and after lots a wine she ended up passing out on the hotel couch. I moved her and holy shit she was heavy. Her belly splied out and was so soft.

The next morning she was bloated and getting ready looking absolutly massive. She had to try three pairs of pants this morning to get ready for work. I need a solid plan to lock in these gains. Ideas?

Well, this kind of answers the question I asked myself after your initial post: Whether she would freak out and show a concerted effort to reign in her eating after gaining so much weight post pregnancy II (she must have been a tad over 200 lbs from what you estimated), or whether she'd just give a damn and continue to dig in. This vacation gave a resounding answer: indulgence won.

For the time being, at least. Now you should make it your mission to keep it this way. And since you asked and her wardrobe seems to be getting awfully tight, I'd suggest to keep her happy by surprising her with some nice pieces of stylish, comfortable clothing (preferably of the stretchy kind).

Thanks for the update and keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess being supportive is the only advice I can come up with. Exercise, be it zumba or whatever, has never been a bad idea. She might loose some weight or she might not, who knows. The point is, physically some added fitness will give her more energy and help her feel less sluggish. Mentally, she'll feel a sense of achievement and will be proud of getting her ass off the couch. She may even increase her appetite and not loose much weight, if any, which - after some time - puts you in a position to come to the rescue by pointing out that the whole exercise is not so much about losing weight but about being healthy. And, frankly, that's what it IS all about. Eventually, in most cases at least, they fall off the wagon anyway at some point.

Finally, real life experience suggests that some nice, tasty food complements increased physical activity quite well and there is no reason to ban her favorite snacks from the house just yet. Even a good girl needs to cheat sometimes.😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think you are handling the situation quite well by comforting and reassuring her.

Your wife's contemplation of being more active some time in the future sounds rather unenthusiastic. I doubt any serious exercise will come from it. There seems to be some realism seeping into her reasoning, though, regarding her love of food and wine.

Passing - or should I say: having passed - the 200 pound barrier will pose a mental challenge once she'll be stepping on the scale after New Year's for the first time. With a bit of luck she'll have some pounds extra under her belt, so to speak. She will certainly diet down to 200 right then and there. But I predict some time next year those 200 pounds will become the new base.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

She might not be thrilled by the prospect of filling her closet with a larger size, but getting her act together and facing her ghosts can be quite liberating. Besides, comfortable clothes do have their benefits.
If you succeed in keeping her spirits at least halfway up to ameliorate her shopping experience, she'll be making her peace all the sooner.
Her appetite seems to be alive and well, at least!
Oh, and there IS some enticing magic in the combination of food and sex...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Exciting to hear! She seems to make her peace with her fat body, slowly, step by step. Crossing the dreaded 200 pound mark without freaking out or loosing her appetite (and humor) is great news.

Mentioning matter-of-factly the intent to give up clothes because "they are never going to fit again" is just another sign of coming to grips with reality. Contemplating a third child to justify her fat body is even a way of planning her future as a fat girl!

By the way, I second your idea of your wife gaining a bit more during the holiday season to get a few more pounds under her belt, so to speak, and establish 200 lbs as the new floor.

Lucky guy! Keep her happy and thanks for sharing!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...