Sometimes the baby weight stays

oatmeal

Thanks for the tips @allgrownup. The problem is getting her started. Ive tried the candy bowl trick and offering her snacks. She hasnt taken the bait but i will keep trying. Really the only thing she accepts with calories at non meal times is wine. I wish i could get her snacking but its just not her thing.

She is looking very chubby thesedays. Bought her new XL leggings, sweaters and jeans for Christmas. She even asked specifically for XXL underwear. They are just for lounging around the house but it's pretty exciting seeing her wear somthing with that second X.

She has three weeks off and has been living in leggings and big shirts, nothing constricting.thefew times she has had to look nice she complains about her belly sticking out, it is getting pretty noticeable. Before she always dressed to minimize her hips but recently she abandoned that charade and is more concerned with hiding her belly. Its kind of a milestone, she is fat enough now that despite her pear / hourglass shape, her belly still sticks out prominently making it clear she is a fat women.

She doesnt have a single item of clothing from two years ago that fits her, besides maturnity stuff. I had her try on a sweater she used to wear all the time and it was almost skin tight. Even some of her new XL tops fit too snuggly. 

Not really sure about her weight but i feel like her bodys has firmly established a set  weight. I imagine it would be very difficult for her to get back to her prepregnancy weight as her body is used to this size now. I feel confident she will stay a nice fat mom for years to come and it makes me so happy. Maybe if I'm lucky she will pack on some more holiday weight and start really filling out those XXLs.

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

The problem is getting her started. Ive tried the candy bowl trick and offering her snacks. She hasnt taken the bait but i will keep trying. Really the only thing she accepts with calories at non meal times is wine. I wish i could get her snacking but its just not her thing.

If you're not worried about alcohol abuse, why not pamper her with a nice glass of wine each time she sits down for one of those shows?

Once that association has been made, try presenting her with a glass of wine and a small cheese plate; just a a couple of bites.

And for the wine, try to get a higher alcohol one; 13-14%. A glass (250ml) would get her 190 calories.

Yeah i do my best to keep her cup full in the evening but it would be nice if she would indulge in more snacking durring the day. She hates breakfast food so eats minimally in the morning. I try to pack a solid serving of leftovers for her lunch but IDK how much she actually eats. Sometimes she gets fast food in addition to what i send but no idea what actually makes its way into her tummy. She eats more than i do at dinner and tends to load up on carbs. If i could get her back in the habit of eating another small meal before bed i would be in business as she must be eating at least her maintenance calories already.

The problem is that when i bring up eating after dinner she gets suspicious. She makes comments about me fattening her up and it's not productive. However if im not watching she will sometimes sneak into the kitchen and eat more pasta or rice if i leave it out. Its just difficult to always make it available as getting two kids to bed is unpredictable.

I'm planning on making New Year's eve and day really indulgent. Lots of food and booze all day long. In the past a couple of days of overeating has reignited her appetite and might be just the thing to encourage her to keep over eating during the last few days of her vacation.

Hi guys, I’ve just found (and caught up on) this thread.
It’s great!
I’d love to share my similar experiences with you.
I’m met my wife 7 years ago.
She was a curvy and sexy 13 stone (that’s around 180 pounds to anyone who isn’t mired in the ridiculous UK measurements system)
Over the years she has grown considerably and around the time we got married 2 years ago she was 18 stone (250 pounds)
We are now expecting our first child and at her initial checkup with the midwife she was a gorgeous 21 stone (approx 295 pounds)
That was 3 months ago.
She hasn’t weighed herself since and has been eating like a champion.
I’ve had to raise and reinforce the sofa and the bed. Both of which had been groaning and creaking quite alarmingly.
Her appetite has been voracious and she has been craving EVERYTHING.
I’m loving it. 

Wife has been eating like crazy. Seconds on pasta at dinner time and eating until she complains about being too full. On New Years' eve i had to make a second trip to Whatabuger to get her another order of chicken strips.

Unfortunately, her New Year's resolution is to lose 20 pounds. However she never lost the weight in 2019 or any year previous so I'm not super worried. We have to attend at funeral this week so my wife tried on a black dress she wore to a wedding last year. The dress didnt fit at all. Her arms practically ripped the sleeves, belly was clearly visible, and she couldnt get the zipper even half way up. I had to help her out of it. 

Quick update: since she didint have anything to wear she went to Target and bought a new dress. Had to buy from the maturnity section to find something that fit right.

The dress doesnt look like a maturnity dress at all but several of my relatives at the funeral asked if she was pregnant. Granted all three were distant family memebers who hadn't seen her post kids but its still funny. I mean its been 2.5 years and she is still getting the dreaded post baby "when are you due" question. 

I was just glad  they asked me out of ear shot. She would not have been happy. 

• 3 weeks later...

So the other night we went to have sex and my dick was dead. Never had that problem before and as soon as i noticed i got stressed which made the problem worse. My wife assured me it was ok and tried to make me not feel so bad about it. Semi-serious she said it must be because she has gotten so fat. Perk!

I told her that wasn't the case and she started going on about how i dont like her because she is a big fatty. Needless to say i was back in the game and pulled her on top of me for some very spirited love making. The kimd where she doesnt move and i just go to town. Afterwards we were both catching our breath and she said "where did that come from?"

Itold her it was what she was saying beforehand. She acts confused and with some prompting i explain it was her comment about her weight that got me going. Big mistake! She starts crying and wont talk to me. Eventually she says that i dont like her i just like her being fat. She is upset with me all weekend. I appologize, ignore her shitty comments and in general take my licks for making her feel less than.

She still isn't over it and keeps talking about losing weight. I'm trying to be supportive. Saying if she lost 25 pounds she would still be sexy but its killing me. We were at the point where she seemed to accept being this size. She was even fine with me declaring that i want her to stay this big. I misread her signals and now i feel like i have undone years worth of progress.

She went to the doctor to get some medsfor and infection and weighed 199 lbs. Unfortunately, she also had high blood pressure. She has been obsessively checking her BP since and it remains high. She is adamant abouy losing weight and getting more active.

So far she has been making healthier choices. Im not sure how sustainable all this will be or if it will lead to noticable weight loss. Im hoping going from virtually zero activity to light evening walking will be enough to get her BP lower and she wont have to lose the 25 lbs she says she needs to. I want her to stay fat but a healthy fat not fat with preventable health issues. She wants to start doing these lower body videos so maybe she will build some of her muscle back. Get a little bit fitter but not much lighter. Im trying to be supportive.

When we went for a walk this weekend she wanted to run a little to get her heart rate up. It was so sexy seeing her big old booty bounce in her workout pants. She was jiggling all over and could only jog for about 40 yards before needing a break. When we got home she drank some water then immediately poured herself a glass of wine as a reward for running. She can work out as much as she wants so long as she keeps rewarding herself afterwards.

Before baths my son was going around poking everyones belly button. When her got to my wife who was sitting a little hunched over she said "where's mommy's belly button? Oh you cant find it because of my belly rolls?" She had to lean back so he could poke her. As much as she gets dow. About her weight she seems comfortable with her size most of the time.

• 5 weeks later...

After a month of dieting and occasional exercising my wife is down to the low 190s. Her BP is still elivated but not as bad as before so no need for meds. The doctor wants her to lose another 15 lbs. Ug!

Ive been supportive. The frustrating thing is that she puts 100% of the blame on her weight and not her lack of physical activity or stress level. Im sure if she reduced her stress level and added a nightly walk her BP would lower to normal. She is pretty irritable these days due to being hungry. 

Its a double blow because i dont like her getting so upset with me and the kids and dont want to see her shrink. I keep telling myself that its temporary and that health is the first priority. She said once her BP gets normal she will stop the crazy diet and just try to keep good habits. Hoping thay happens soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

Feeling really frustrated. While seemingly every other female is in the middle of their quarantine gain, my wife is still losing weight. She is down to 189 as of this week. She is still a mighty good looking women but the 10 lbs are noticeably absent from her belly and hips.

She has been working from home while i am considered essential so im gone durring the day like normal. She has been skipping breakfast, eating minimally at lunch and her dinner portions are down as well. To make matters worse she has cut out wine!

I hate seeing her wast away and she is just miserable to be around. Thankfully her BP is now normall but she is still dieting. She doesnt enjoy eating or drinking like she used to and just stares at her phone all day and worries about the Corona virus. I need to break her out of this cycle but nothing i do works. Whenever i buy her special treats theu either go to waste or she starves herself all day to offset the calories. Her zest for life is down and when she brahs about losing weight she doesnt get the affirmation she is looking for from me. How many pats on the back does she expect from me when we both know i dont like what she is doing and only tacitly support her.

Ive tried dieting with her and ive tried eating more hoping she will join in. Neither have been sucessful. I just wish every decision wasnt being filtered through the "how many calories" prism.  Its boring! Im not asking her to chug heavy cream, just to enjoy life more.

Guest Lurks in the Void
5 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I hate seeing her wast away and she is just miserable to be around. Thankfully her BP is now normall but she is still dieting. She doesnt enjoy eating or drinking like she used to and just stares at her phone all day and worries about the Corona virus. I need to break her out of this cycle but nothing i do works. Whenever i buy her special treats theu either go to waste or she starves herself all day to offset the calories. Her zest for life is down and when she brahs about losing weight she doesnt get the affirmation she is looking for from me. How many pats on the back does she expect from me when we both know i dont like what she is doing and only tacitly support her.

Maybe research the exercise / BP connection. I gather she wasn't into fitness, but it's easier to have good BP if you are fit & overweight than if you are unfit & overweight. 

• 2 months later...

Update: so my wife continued on her diet and decided to get off birth control to help lower BP. This was effective but, coupled with a night of passionate love making, resulted in her getting pregnant. We figured the likelihood of her getting pregnant right out of the gate was low but boy were we wrong.

The first trimester was rough. She had awful all day morning sickness, no energy, and no appitite. It was a struggle to get her to eat anything. She even had to get on meds to help. Her lowest weight was 187. Now that we are in the second trimester she is always hungry and i do my best to keep food in front of her. She has been craving sweets which is completly unlike her and is a pound heavier then when we concceived. She eats at least 4 meals a day and ice cream has been a staple part of her diet over the past two weeks. 

She has allowed me to spoil her so far but has tempered expectations saying she shouldnt gain as much weight this time as she is already overweight. However she has accepted she is going to gain weight. She was trying to lose fat and stay the same weight throughout but now acknowledges that she will be getting bigger and bigger as the weeks progress and that getting fatter is part of the process. Lots of comments about growing into new larger clothes and already being too fat for her old maturnity clothes.

Thankfully she is working from home and getting dressed for work means leggings and a big shirt. Another bonus of working from home is that she is finally eembracing the quarantine lifestyle. Hungry at 10:30, no need to wait for lunch, heat up some leftovers now. Sweet tootg begging for ice cream, induldge in a bowl afyer lumch, nobody is here to judge you. For months she was hardly eating now she is really embracing the eating for two concept.

• 1 month later...

It's taken forever, but I'm finally starting to see some results from the quarantine. Slowly but surely I'll get her to grow. I doubt she is onto my game, but she might be. I got a deep fryer and an ice cream maker for Father's Day.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: she is back up to 196 and is looking really big. 

She was gaining well at the begining of the 2nd trimester but only gained two pounds the last month. I hopeing she will get back to gaining a pound a week. Im still hopefully she will get to above 210 but trying to just enjoy her size. 

She had her tests and all he vitals are great so nothing stands in the way of her getting bigger except her desire to eat. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Ug, i feel disgusting. I hate my boobs resting on my belly"

I think you look fantastic!

"I just feel so huge and fat. Now i have all this side boob fat that spills under my arms. I can't move my arms without squishing my boobs around." Cups a handfull of side boob to emphasize.

You're not fat, your pregnant. Thats why you boobs are on your baby belly.

"I'm pregnant and fat! I'm so big already. I can't believe i still have 10 more weeks. I'm going to be just a big fat sweaty blob that can't move by the end"