Sometimes the baby weight stays

oatmeal

Wife went to get her wedding rings resized today. She hasn't been able to wear them in a while as she has gained 50 pounds since our wedding day. Nothing says "I'll never be skinny again" like having jewelry resized to fit your chubby fingers. Hopefully this is just another step in establishing this weight as her floor weight.

If mentally she is focused on maintaining her size instead of losing then that makes my job easier and hopefully makes her happier. Once she is used to this size five or ten more pounds won,'t seem like that big of a deal. Goal is still 200 but eventually i would like to get her to 225 so that she is over 50% body fat. Not in a rush though as she is lovely at this size and i want her to adjust to this size and be happy.

Good strategy. I'm very happy where mine is at too, and know that while she can go down a bit, she's not going to lose that big round belly any time soon. It makes for a more relax time.

For her, just the perception that she is eating "healthier" makes her feel better, and I'm happy for her with that.

@TaterTot glad you have enjoyed my thread. I sure enjoy talking about it.

Yeah as the Rolling Stones say "time is on my side, yes it is". My wife was on the dance team in high school but hasnt really done much working out since. Certainly not up for crossfit, thankfully. Since your wife is more involved in fitness she should have a strong base to add some flab to. 

Nice to read those honest story's. I feel like I had to write one about my wife, too. I just wish she will embrace her body. Or shift to fat positiv. Now she is at about her heaviest ever or even higher. She does not tell me numbers but I know she's over 220 for a while and is gaining so I would gues 240-250. I don't think she need to gain anymore. I just would like to see her comfortable . I would immediately chose her to be confident with her body in exchange for 20 pound

Yeah i wish my wife had more confidence too. Not asking for bikini selfies on IG just owning the body she is in more. Oddly i think my kids are helping with this. My boy likes to play with her belly and squeeze her fat. She used to protest but now seems more comfortable with her body.

Mine is almost/sometimes getting there. She'll say "I wish I could see myself through your eyes", or "as long as you find my beautiful". But it's also the first time she's gaining and seeming resigned to it. Not liking it, the way a bolding man might not like it, but accepting it.

@bigmoobedguy comment of the century. I would trade 20 lbs too for her to just love it. Then again, then I'd want her  love it and grow it :)

Guest MX8XV93
On 3/11/2019 at 5:18 PM, allgrownup said:

She'll say "I wish I could see myself through your eyes"

Are you any good at drawing?  A sexy drawing of her (with the parts of her body that you most like emphasized just a little bit) seems like the perfect surprise present to me...

We had our second child about two months ago. While she had been taking care of the baby and I was off on family leave, I had been cooking for her, and I spoil her with breakfast every morning. I have found several dinners that she loves that are high in calories. I finally got her to buy pants in a larger size, and have been giving her lots of positive reinforcement, but she complains about her weight. I can generally get her to eat most things that I cook, but she won't eat ice cream as of late. I had made two cakes and she had eaten nearly the entire cake herself. Recently, she told me not to bake her anymore cake. I'm trying to find an excuse to bake another cake.

We had our second child about two months ago. While she had been taking care of the baby and I was off on family leave, I had been cooking for her, and I spoil her with breakfast every morning. I have found several dinners that she loves that are high in calories. I finally got her to buy pants in a larger size, and have been giving her lots of positive reinforcement, but she complains about her weight. I can generally get her to eat most things that I cook, but she won't eat ice cream as of late. I had made two cakes and she had eaten nearly the entire cake herself. Recently, she told me not to bake her anymore cake. I'm trying to find an excuse to bake another cake.

I just keep baking, ignoring my wife’s comments. Because I know she just can’t resist.

Empee, apparently you are right! I baked a cake, and she protested, saying "I told you not to bake me anymore cakes!" However, about 20 minutes later, she was asking me why I hadn't frosted it yet, and had herself a piece. I will keep baking!

Great! Right now I’m baking chocolate chip cookies. Always in large batches so it doesn’t show that the stack shrinks when she’s munching it down.

Sad news. Wife has lost five pounds and is still sick. I'm not sure how much of it is real weight loss / fat burned, but it still disapoints me. The Fitbit scale says that she has only lost a pound of body fat but idk how accurate it is. I mean i know she hasnt burned enough calories to lose that much weight in a week, especially since she has been sitting or sleeping almost thr whole time, but her appetite has been terrible.

I'm trying to stay positive and focus on getting her well but seeing the daily decline hurts. I feel like she is wasting away before my eyes.

Just do whatever you can to take care of her. Look at is as building trust that you can use later. Feeling supported, and that you are taking care of her will get you closer to getting what you want. I find that what works for me the most is pampering her. "You're sick? I'll take care of you." "Don't get up, let me get that." "Can I get you something while I'm up?"

• 2 weeks later...