Medical Breakthrough by lvplmpwm

Guest nyer

A little known, IIRC story. Could use a lot of polish, yet still...

Angie sat in the hospital cafeteria, the din of numerous conversations a backdrop to her confused thoughts.  Alone at the table, Angie picked absentmindedly at the salad on the tray before her.  She gazed at her reflection in the window near the table, noting how her dark hair cascaded to her shoulders, and that her figure was very trim and lean.  The latter, she knew, had very little to do with genetics, but was due solely to her diet and exercise routines. A nurse in the emergency department, she was on her dinner break, mulling over the events of the evening.  It was now nearly 10 p.m., she had two more hours on her twelve to twelve shift, and this was the first chance Angie had had to get a break.  It had been a busy night, with the standard complement of car accidents, drug overdoses and gunshot wounds.  Busy, but just another night working the ED. 

What troubled Angie was the reaction of her love interest, Jim.  He was the chief resident in the ED, and they had been involved romantically for over two years.  The relationship was strong, with the promise of permanence after Jim completed his residency in two more months.  They had already picked a wedding date, just three months from now.  But tonight she saw a side of her future husband that he had never shown her before, and she didn't know how to react.  An ambulance had brought in a motor vehicle accident victim, complaining of pain in her lower extremities, according to the radio report from the ambulance.  Just another MVA victim.  And all went normally as the paramedics unloaded the patient and transferred her to a treatment room.  She had been splinted and immobilized, standard practice for potential spinal injuries.  Angie began assessing the patient, a 32 year old female, with a very voluptuous figure.  While a portion of Angie's mind performed the clinical assessment of this woman, another portion flared with a brief

moment of envy at the size of the woman's bust.  Even strapped to the backboard it was apparent this woman had a body of full curves and an extremely large bust.  At the same time, another, fonder memory passed through Angie's mind.  She remembered her mother, a woman of a different era.  Angie's mother had not been a career woman, but instead had been a homemaker, and she had found complete satisfaction in that role.  She had grown plumper each year after having children; in many ways her figure had been similar to this woman's, if not even bustier.  She also remembered a father who adored her mother, who even seemed to mildly encourage her to gain a pound or two now and then.  But training and discipline snapped her mind back to the task at hand.  As Angie completed the initial workup she noted the pain the woman complained of in her upper leg.  When Jim walked in to the small room she quickly gave him a summary of the patient, and proceeded to help him get to work on her. 

Jim began by looking at her leg, she was wearing a very tight pair of blue jeans that accentuated every curve of her hips, belly, thighs and calves.  Jim pulled out a pair of surgical scissors, and began cutting up the woman's pant leg to expose the injured area.  The full figured woman's cloths were so tight that as Jim cut  up the seam of the pant leg it peeled back from her skin like her leg was expanding.  Jim then undid the button and zipper of the pants, her rounded belly swelling out into the V opening that was now formed at the front of her pants.  As Jim lowered the zipper Angie noted that there was a distinct visual impression that the woman's abdomen was filling with fat, pushing her stomach outward.  Continuing his cutting up the side of her pants,  the woman's belly seemed to swell outward even further as the remaining pressure of the pants were released.  Just another 'make em' naked' patient in the ER, it happened all the time, and nobody ever thought much of it.  They continued to cut her shirt off to check for any

impact injuries from the steering wheel around her abdomen and chest.

With the shirt removed, Angie noticed the woman's breasts were easily the size of volley balls, and were in a bra that was somewhat small for her.  Her very large bosom swelled up over the cups, creating a deep, long cleavage that would be the envy of any woman.  They were round and fat and jiggled with each breath the woman took.  Angie thought to herself that as tight as the woman's cloths were on her, she must had recently gained some weight.  A feeling of disdain and superiority ran through Angie, because this woman couldn't control her weight, but Angie possessed the discipline to do so.  Again the image of her mother, plump and very well endowed, flasher through her mind.  It was that image, and the knowledge that most women end up looking like their mothers, that drove Angie toward her physical fitness regimen.  But as Angie glanced at Jim, she noticed a slight glisten of sweat on his forehead, and his breathing seemed to come more heavily than was normal.  This was way outside of the normal reaction she'd ever seen from him, he'd dealt with the most serious patient's the ER could throw at him and would never bat an eye. 

Then it struck her, "He's turned on by this woman, and is trying to hide it."  Like a thunderbolt she felt the impact of the realization.

"He likes fat women?" she thought with a huge measure of doubt.  Thinking about his

attraction to her own thin figure she felt that it must be something else causing his reaction.  He had always taken great pleasure in their physical relationship.  But Jim's continued ragged breathing indicated that something was definitely up, and the only thing Angie could attribute it to was this busty woman's plump figure.

Jealousy and anger swept over Angie, but she did her best to remain composed.  Jim

finally regained his own composure, and completed treating the patient.  She ended up with a broken femur, and was transferred to surgery to get it set and pinned, a very routine operation.  But the event made a deep impression on Angie.  It was this patient, and Jim's reaction that she mulled over while picking at her salad.  Her dinner break nearly over, Angie returned the tray to the disposal area, and headed back to the ER.  The patients were all under control as she checked in at the nurses' desk.  Looking around she asked another nurse where Jim was.  Her co-worker informed her that Jim had gone up to check on the female accident victim since she had gotten out of surgery.  There was no curiosity in the nurse's voice, since this was a common practice.  But Angie felt a sudden need to check up on her significant other.  She quickly found the patient's room number, and headed up to the floor.

As Angie approached the room she heard Jim and the woman talking.  Stopping outside

the door, she overheard only the tail end of a conversation, and watched from a vantage point outside the room where neither Jim nor the patient would see her.

"…sorry the pants were so tight that you had to cut them off me.  I have a problem with gaining weight."  Gesturing to her very well endowed bust, she noted, "And most of it seems to go to here.  Not that I'm complaining, I actually like the extra weight I've been putting on lately.  In fact, it's kind of a turn-on to see these get bigger."

Jim's reply floored Angie, "Well, I wouldn't worry about the weight, it looks very good on you.  And trying to starve yourself to be thin is much less healthy than letting your body settle at its natural weight point.  By the way, are you hungry, you came in around dinner time."

The woman giggled, "Honey, I'm always hungry.  But I didn't get dinner, so I'm pretty starved right now."  She patted her round belly to emphasize the point.

"Well," Jim replied, "let me see if I can get the kitchen to send up a meal for you.  Can't have you losing the weight you seem to carry so well." 

As Jim started to rise from his chair Angie hurried down the hall, and ducked into a room.  She watched from the shadows as Jim stopped at the nurses' station, and called the cafeteria to order the woman a meal.  She even overheard him order two deserts for her.  "To help her mend," was the comment he made to the kitchen staff.  She was more confused and outraged than before.

"What the hell is he doing," she thought, "trying to help that woman get fatter?" 

Angie stayed in the room for some time, trying to make sense of what she'd seen transpire between Jim and the woman.  After some time she headed back to the ER, where Jim was getting ready to end the shift.

"Hey good looking," he said as she approached.  "Almost time to call it a night. 

Interested in going out for pizza and a beer, I think we've earned it tonight."

Angie regarded Jim, wondering what the invitation meant.  "Could he be trying to fatten me up, too," she thought.  Uncertain thoughts and memories ran through her mind.  They had a very solid relationship, and she thought she knew Jim very well.  Even now she questioned whether she was making something out of nothing, but the doubts lingered.

"Uh, sure, why not," she replied.

About an hour later they were sitting in a pizza place near the hospital.  Angie was beginning to feel the effects of the three beers she had downed so far.  Uncertain how to bring the observations she had made earlier up to Jim, her mildly buzzed mind came up with a test.  She would make a show of eating a lot of the pizza, and drinking additional beer.  She would let her belly push outward as she ate, and complain how fat it would make her.  If Jim's brow glistened again or he started breathing hard, she would have her proof.  As active as she was, Angie was unworried about gaining weight from over indulging just one time.  Jim had been animated and entertaining as they chatted, giving her long, loving looks.  Angie always appreciated the attention, and still wondered if she was wrong about Jim's reaction to the woman.  Finally, the pizza arrived and Jim asked if he could serve her a piece.

"Why not just give me two for now," Angie stated as she held her plate forward, "I'm really starved."

Jim graciously set two pieces on her plate.  "Anything else, babe?"

She eyed the almost empty pitcher of beer, "Yes, how about another pitcher.  And not light beer, something with some body to it."

Jim looked at her in a questioning manner, but ordered the beer.  Their conversation continued as Angie ate.  The first piece went down easily, but the thicker beer felt heavy in her belly, and had a stronger kick to it than the light beer she normally drank.  The beer buzz became greater as she ate the second piece, feeling her stomach begin to protest slightly at the quantity of heavy food she was putting into it.  Two more glasses of beer and the second piece of pizza seemed to catch Jim's attention as she wolfed it all down.  But his reaction came as she asked for a third and fourth piece at the same time.  Still being the gracious, caring man she knew, he smiled and served her.  As Angie ate she could feel her belly swell out against the waist band of her pants.  Two more glasses of beer accompanied the additional pizza, and, finally, Angie got the proof she was looking  for.  Jim became quieter as she charged into the fourth piece, forcing herself to eat it even though she felt ready to burst.

"Jim, I don't know what's come over me tonight.  I'm just starved."  She leaned back and lifted her shirt slightly, letting Jim she the swell of her stuffed belly.  Normally flat, it had a slightly rounded look to it. 

"If I keep eating like this, I'll get fat," she laughed.

Jim's breath caught in his throat. He tried to be nonchalant about her comment, but his forehead suddenly glistened with a light glaze of sweat. 

"I wouldn't worry about it, babe.  As much as you work out and watch what you eat,

you'd never let yourself get fat."

Angie was startled at his physical reaction, and at how far out her belly stuck.  To finish the her experiment she picked up her glass of beer, and started to chug it.  The carbonation filled her stomach, she could feel it swelling outward with each gulp.  Still holding the shirt up slightly so that Jim could see, she aided the expansion by pushing outward, as much as she could.  The pants became painfully tight as the waist band dug into her expanding belly, but she continue to drink the beer and push as hard as she could.  With the last gulp of beer, she inhaled deeply into her abdomen, and the button on her pants popped open from the pressure, revealing a swollen belly that made her look several months pregnant.

"Oh my," she giggled, watching Jim's reaction, "see how fat I've gotten already."

Jim tried harder to cover his reaction, but was losing the battle.  His eyes fixed on Angie's swollen belly, and the sound of the pants button popping caused him to sit bold upright.  His breathing came heavy, and he had a confused, dazed look on his face.  Angie watched the man she loved carefully, then forged ahead with a blunt, to the point statement.

"You like fat woman, don't you."  It was a statement, not a question.

Jim sat quietly, looking at Angie.

"Jim, come on, be honest with me.  Are you attracted to fat woman?"

After several seconds of silence Jim answered her.  "Well, yes.  I mean, I find you

tremendously attractive in a physical sense, too.  But I also like plump,  voluptuous women."

"Like the one in the ER tonight?" Angie asked.

Jim laughed.  "Well, if you're looking for honesty, especially like her.  A plump, hourglass figure with huge boobs is about as good as it can get.  I'm sorry if that turns you off, it's been that way since I was a kid.  I wish I could explain it."

Angie sat and regarded the man she loved.  He had never done anything wrong in the

relationship, and had always treated her as an equal, a partner.  But she suddenly

wondered if she would be jealous and questioning every time a buxom, plump woman

wandered by.  If this was the true physical attraction for him, would she view every hourglass figure as competition.  A plan began to form in the back of her beer hazed mind.

"So why do you try to hide it?"  Angie asked.

Rest here:

http://lvplmpwm.deviantart.com/art/Medical-Breakthrough-Part-1-313210739

http://lvplmpwm.deviantart.com/art/Medical-Breakthrough-Part-2-313211085