What can Zyprexa do to a girl?

AshlynCheerleader

A lot of the antipsychotics cause weight gain. I don't know what the actual action of the drug on weight gain is, but the older name for that drug class is "major tranquilizers." Lower overall metabolic action maybe? Increased appetite sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, bulschog said:

It is often recommended patients have their bp, body weight, blood glucose, and cholesterol closely monitored on those drugs, as they are known to increase all of those. 

I would never recommend these types of drugs for anyone who wants to gain weight, as they compound the risk of developing a myriad of obesity related health conditions.

Zyprexa is a dangerous drug - often causing diabetes within 6 months of some users. Many pending lawsuits against EL regarding this and the weight issues.

To answer your question, Zyperexa works on virtually every action known to cause weight gain.

• Alters leptin, grehlin, histamine (like pregnancy) - triggering the most intense hunger pains of any pharmaceutical
  • It enhances the way food's tastes are perceived by the brain
  • It changes your gut flora profile to have one seen in obese rats & humans - alters your metabolism
  • It puts the body in a state of ketosis: prioritizing to burn fat for energy. This causes all carbs consumed to be stored in the blood as rising blood sugar and turned to fat. The body tries to combat this wildly spiking blood sugar with pumping insulin. The body eventually loses the battle and succumbs to diabetes, again, often within months. The constant surging insulin also triggers fat cells to absorb fat.
  • It's primary mode of action is working on dopamine. It's been proven it can create new intense dopamine connections to food that can cause lasting food addiction even after ceasing the drug
  • It effects sleep patterns and causes drowsiness leading to chronic, long sleeping and napping

Many doctors and therapists have been recently using the drug to treat anorexic patients which I sincerely believe is 100% malpractice and cruel. Weight gain of well north of 100lbs in 6-9 months on Zyprexa is not uncommon. And forcing that on someone who is already hospitalized and suicidal for self-image issues is abhorrent.

Either way, simply read the patient reviews of Olanzapine - they read like weight gain fiction. Seems most are now atleast informed by their doctor that "this drug will cause some weight gain". Then when women are up 15lbs in 1-2 weeks, most storm into their doc's office and say "f*ck it, get me off this. Now."

Guest Bigasstaco

Anti-psychotics in general tend to be dirty drugs. Docs tend to pic and choose anti-psychotics based on their side effect profile. Though (almost) all anti-psychotics carry some risk of weight gain, Zyprexa is pretty much a given, and obviously one of the things to be concerned with as a consequence is diabetes, etc.

I can't really speak for the doctors prescribing zyprexa in this particular case, but presumably your acquaintance need anti-psychotic therapy and couldn't take other anti-psychotics.

I'm not sure I agree that it's malpractice to use zyprexa in patients with anorexia, but certainly blanket use or prolonged use probably isn't justified.

I've known a number of girls over the years that have gone on it. And they're almost always for reasons the drug was never intended for. Two were on it as a sleep aid! One for depression. Another for general anxiety. Physicians seem to hand it out like candy. And yes, everyone I've known has blown up. One friend took it 18 years ago and she's still 250lbs. She was a stick thin girl all through school. Absolutely demolished her self-esteem.

Nonetheless, when you see these women that put on 100lbs in a 6 month -2 year span, my first thought is always prescription drugs – not "ooooh, wonder if they're a feedee!!?"

21 hours ago, BindsThatTie said:

I've known a number of girls over the years that have gone on it. And they're almost always for reasons the drug was never intended for. Two were on it as a sleep aid! One for depression. Another for general anxiety. Physicians seem to hand it out like candy. And yes, everyone I've known has blown up. One friend took it 18 years ago and she's still 250lbs. She was a stick thin girl all through school. Absolutely demolished her self-esteem.

Nonetheless, when you see these women that put on 100lbs in a 6 month -2 year span, my first thought is always prescription drugs – not "ooooh, wonder if they're a feedee!!?"

Where are these sleeping problems and emotional problems coming from? Is capitalism killing us?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, BindsThatTie said:

Show that woman some love!

• 2 weeks later...
On October 9, 2018 at 2:09 PM, dania201 said:

Are there any less harmful drugs that make folks gain weight?

Prednisone is a very common one. But it gives you horrible mood swings and bad insomnia. Wife was on it dealing with an injury - appetite gets out of control.

The other horrible thing about Zyprexa and other antipsychotics is they eviscerate your sex drive.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 7:25 AM, BindsThatTie said:

Can you give us any more details in this lady?  What was she like when she was thin?  Was she pretty cute?  How about after her gain?  

20 hours ago, chrystal_geyser said:

Can you give us any more details in this lady?  What was she like when she was thin?  Was she pretty cute?  How about after her gain?  

Oh yes, very thin. She battled an eating disorder on-and-off - at times looked anorexic. Though I love big women, she was an absolute scorcher when she was thin and tan. She was a raver in high school and always wore super provocative clothing showing off her toned tan stomach and thongs. Perfect silky blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes.

She gained 125lbs in a year and half, was around 225 when I moved for college. I thought she looked like a blimp then. So a little over a year later when I came home for Christmas, I was blown away that she just kept gaining and was well over 300lbs! Straight up unrecognizable and morbidly obese. We went out drinking and the amount she drank and ate was insane – I noticed she breathed very heavy. I was frankly concerned about her health and mental well being. She was at this weight for a while, then got married and then pregnant. She posted no photos on Facebook other than her child for a few years during this time, so I think she probably even got larger.

She then started posting things about Zumba and trying to lose weight. Once she posted photos again she has hovered around 250 for many years, still very attractive but very plump.

Now she looks like a pale, brunette, comfortable tubby housewife... still a 10/10 bang, lol.

She was deemed bipolar. Zyprexa is one of the more popular drugs treating bipolar disorder. And she was pretty open about her struggles. She was abused as a child. But instead of receiving proper therapy, they basically through some pills at her. You could tell she was a far less confident woman, atleast those first couple years after the weight gain - led to her drinking quite heavily when we went out which you would identify her confidence returning when intoxicated. She then went out less and less with her skinny party girl friends and became a homebody - which led to more weight gain. Now that she's been heavy for almost a couple decades, she maybe has a very different outlook on herself – not certain as living in different states, we're not very close any more.

The crazy thing is I was not into this fetish at the time and she came on to me a couple times when drunk. I played the "you don't want to do this" good friend. Man, if I knew myself then like I know now, the luvvvin' I would have showed her!

Oh man, too bad!  Probably would’ve been good for her self-esteem, too...

Do you remember how she dressed, did her make-up, etc. after her gain?  Was she still making an effort to look cute, or more like trying not to be noticed?

What were her proportions like before vs. after?

Awesome story 🔥

Totally changed up her style. Stopped tanning, not nearly as much makeup, started wearing thick rim glasses. Went from bleach blonde to brunette. Typical BBW fashion: long hanging shawls and loose outfits that attempt to obscure her belly, always wore leggings, etc.

She was not curvy when thin. A true stick figure, little butt. It's hard to describe her figure after. "Built like a fuckin' tank." Not necessarily super "curvy" – just amazingly thick and fat. It's almost hard to believe someone's thighs could humanly grow that big and thick from a skinny frame where you could practically wrap your hands around them. Giant thick neck and double chin. Hard to describe. That often happens with girls that had little curves to begin with. 

Again, it's too bad I wasn't into feederism back then. I remember after we would hit the bars we would go to this diner for a couple hours for coffee to sober up and chat. Nobody ordered food.... except her. And she would stuff her face silly the entire time, ordering 2 large appetizers to herself and whatever else. I remember how almost awkward it was for us; she's the only obese girl in the group and she's just fucking putting it away, talking with her mouth full. Just being a drunken total pig. I would find it so hot now, lol!

The other memories I have about her is whenever there was an opportunity to buy food, she would. If the bar had appetizers she would order one. If we were walking somewhere and we passed a food cart, she'd order something. If there was a donut shop on the way to another bar, she had to get one. And she always excitedly asked us if we wanted one like it was going to be a cool "group thing" – but nobody ever did, she'd be the only one. Endlessly eating throughout the night. It was my first picture into how someone becomes and maintains such a weight like that.

Jesus, that must’ve been so weird for her...  especially beginning with body image issues in the first place...  can’t imagine what it would be like to watch your body change completely like that, especially for a hot raver girl.  

I guess the out of control appetite was another side effect of the meds?  Is there something about this stuff that makes it hard to lose the weight even after you get off?  Hope she managed to get some real therapy at some point, this all must’ve been hard to cope with.

Did you say she was like 100 lbs. pre-gain?  How tall was she?  She must’ve been really tiny! 

Yeah, 100lbs, around 5'3" - maybe less honestly when she was anorexic. Regarding losing weight, losing is frickin' hard in general for anyone. Exercise is grueling on your joints at that weight. Being in a caloric deficit for months on end makes you grumpy, tired, throws your hormones off. And the work it would take to lose 250lbs is just excruciating.  

About Zyprexa, it works on dopamine, which controls reward-motivated behavior. Particularly if you're on it for years, because of the intense hunger cravings, it creates new intense dopamine connections to food. So when you go off, you naturally already probably have bad ingrained buying/eating habits that are naturally hard to break. But then you also have this new actual addiction within the rewards center of your brain that makes it exceedingly difficult to break your focus from food even when the appetite returns to normal levels - particularly when stressed.

One thing that she used to do all the time, and you could tell it was the drug, was that she would have a 'wish' about a certain food. And it would always be some super random odd food. "You know what sounds really good? Tuna Helper! I don't know why, I haven't eaten it in years. Just sounds amazing right now."

You would chuckle it off...but then she kept on bringing it up throughout the night...repeatedly. And then it may be 7hrs later at 2am we're driving home after she's pigged out at the diner and she'd be dozing off and then "oh shit, here pull off at the grocery store, I have to get something."

Really? Annoying, we're all tired, assuming she needs tampons or something. And then here she comes out with 3 fucking boxes of tuna helper with this shit eating grin on her face – WTF.