50 minutes ago, John Smith said:

I have many mixed-race folks amid my own family (which have itself some unspokedly, very minor half-mixed heritage too) and trust me: one's appareance doesn't necessarily fit the narrative of its family background. I have relatives who may almost pass for what you Americans roughly qualify of "dark whites" , "Mediterraneans" ,  yet "Nordics" , while some of the ones who aren't considered like mixed may look like "Dark Mediterraneans" or the stereotypical "biracial" . We nonetheless are of mostly subtropical African ancestry.

Does you have already heard about the actress and comedian Aubrey Plaza? She recently discoevred while an interview with "Late Night with Seth Meyers" she was of 33% West African ancestry while the exposition of her DNA ancestry test. And though it wouldn't be really surprizing that a Boricua may have some fluent pedigreee dating back to the Atlantic coasts of the African continent considering her native homeland's historicity coupled by the statistical fact that over 90% of the Puerto-Ricans are of African descent, her racially ambiguous looks and multiethnic heritage may pass her for a stereotypical Latin without the "o" at the end (except perhaps in "Dirty Grandpa" . Regular bronzage may reveal a pretty lot of things) .
Then recently, I tried to confront @Jabba Desilijic Tiure  again about an old subtopic of ours upon Ashley Graham's somewhat exotic traits, and the point it made now thrice we fall on models or actresses looking like her who are either considered like "black" , "multiracial" or "morena" in regard to one's native cultural background.

And I didn't spoke yet about Sasha PIeterse's Khoisan grand-grand greatmother, neither about the fact that Americans like to classify her as a "Caucasian" of Dutch descent when she is still considered like a "Coloured" in her native South Africa. 

By the way, what does ever meant, being "80% European" ? There have so many various ethnolinguistic groups of so many different origins in this continent alone that no one ever truly constitutes a proper genetic monolith (aside have some remote common ancestries related to Late Paleolithic Eurasian hunter-gatherers, Mideastern farmers and/or the remaining hybrid descendants from some extinct offshoot of the Homo genus) . Who does, anyway? There have a point we should considering to shun away from any confusion between identity or nationalistic/pan-nationaslitic sentiments with the Neverland. Historiographically social-cultural entities weren't and still aren't some sort of impenetrable strongholds hovering through mid-air.

grand-grand greatmother

I lol'd.

When it came to Ashley Graham, yes, I assumed she *might* not have been completely white, due to her looks...but I researched it out of curiosity.  And just threw out that tidbit, since I thought others might have made the same inaccurate assumption.  It wasn't a message of "Oh, praise the lord...we can rest easy now; she's pure".  It something that fascinates me, but I guess some might view it as a red flag - get to know me, and you'll find that's far from the case.  I get randomly asked if I'm Jewish.  I get randomly asked if I'm Irish.  I get randomly ask if I'm Italian.  It get randomly asked if I'm Greek.  I'm actually the former-most choice, but I'm not going to immediately question motives upon an innocuous question.  I mean, I'll joke and say, "What, if I say 'yes', do I get thrown aboard a freight train?", I don't give a crap about a benign interest in relative-strangers' backgrounds.
I'm completely for multiculturalism, but we can all comfortably look at people and harbor preliminary appearance-based beliefs about them which may or may not be true.  It's only when those beliefs turn to judgements which in turn dictate our overall opinions of them does it become problematic...even when we find out what they identify themselves as(I see myself as turquoise and you'd fucking better address me as such), there's no reason at all for that to have have any weight on their status as a human.  Someone says "Hey, I'm *insert racial or ethnic label here*"  And I'm like, "Okay, cool".  Just light(dark, and everything in between) conversation, nothing more.

But okay, Mr. 23andMe...does that mean this guy can now use the 'n' word without being called a "racist"?  🤨

21 minutes ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

I lol'd.

When it came to Ashley Graham, yes, I assumed she *might* not have been completely white, due to her looks...but I researched it out of curiosity.  And just threw out that tidbit, since I thought others might have made the same inaccurate assumption.  It wasn't a message of "Oh, praise the lord...we can rest easy now; she's pure".  It something that fascinates me, but I guess some might view it as a red flag - get to know me, and you'll find that's far from the case.  I get randomly asked if I'm Jewish.  I get randomly asked if I'm Irish.  I get randomly ask if I'm Italian.  It get randomly asked if I'm Greek.  I'm actually the former-most choice, but I'm not going to immediately question motives upon an innocuous question.  I mean, I'll joke and say, "What, if I say 'yes', do I get thrown aboard a freight train?", I don't give a crap about a benign interest in relative-strangers' backgrounds.
I'm completely for multiculturalism, but we can all comfortably look at people and harbor preliminary appearance-based beliefs about them which may or may not be true.  It's only when those beliefs turn to judgements which in turn dictate our overall opinions of them does it become problematic...even when we find out what they identify themselves as(I see myself as turquoise and you'd fucking better address me as such), there's no reason at all for that to have have any weight on their status as a human.  Someone says "Hey, I'm *insert racial or ethnic label here*"  And I'm like, "Okay, cool".  Just light(dark, and everything in between) conversation, nothing more.

But okay, Mr. 23andMe...does that mean this guy can now use the 'n' word without being called a "racist"?  🤨

Nope. But word in the street said that he tried to hang on himself a few weeks after this interview, but lived the most traumatic near-death experience of his afterlife when he realized that the other dude at the end of the tunnel was black.

And my statement wasn't about appareance-based beliefs, but about a matter of different patterns which may or not determines or let guessing one's vague ethnic heritage. Hence why I quoted Ashley Graham same as I quoted Audrey Plaza and Sasha Pieterse too, along many of my own relatives. I often nuance and digress my word.

1 minute ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

So I guess he really does see himself as African-American now.... 🤐

Up at this point, he had really no choice but being in peace with this part of what defines him as a social individual. If he goes to the point to visualize Him or whatsoever he contemplated during this phenomenon like a man of African descent, he should really reconsider his radical beliefs. He need some milk.

12 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Up at this point, he had really no choice but being in peace with this part of what defines him as a social individual. If he goes to the point to visualize Him or whatsoever he contemplated during this phenomenon like a man of African descent, he should really reconsider his radical beliefs. He need some milk.

What they should've done is put a plant in the audience, having "taken the test" with a thirteen percent Sub-Saharan result...and had the audience member still express interest in securing residence in Mr. Cobb's exclusive, purebred, "safe space" town.

Of course Craig would scoff and flick the dude away...and then his own heritage would be revealed.

the young turks obama GIF

4 hours ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

What they should've done is put a plant in the audience, having "taken the test" with a thirteen percent Sub-Saharan result...and had the audience member still express interest in securing residence in Mr. Cobb's exclusive, purebred, "safe space" town.

Of course Craig would scoff and flick the dude away...and then his own heritage would be revealed.

the young turks obama GIF

the wire wow GIF

.................................................................. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Chevalier said:

Wow where did this fanbase go? I hunger for more than @BigBunnyhungers for cake. Always a good time for candy too.

Chevalier is a man of tastes, big bunny is one of the best on this site and in the whole FA community, she's pretty, pretty fat and very exciting to my mind... support her more!