Men prefer chubby bellies!

S77

2 hours ago, S77 said:

Misleading.  If the survey option said "with a chubby belly" instead of "curvy" would it really have been the preferred choice?

By the descriptor "curvy" most guys polled - I can almost guarantee you - would assume it's in reference to an hourglass-y figure: Huge breasts, tiny waist, round butt.  Being "curvy" and having ANY surplus in the stomach region are not at all synonymous.

The author of the article is also making a massive leap by equating "curvy" with having "belly chub". 

Remember: Kim K, Britney, and Jessica Simpson at their skinniest are all often classified as "curvy" by the mainstream media.

21 minutes ago, das Hirschlein said:

The study is flawed unless they gave the participants a clear definition of what is considered «curvy». But it is significant that only a few straight men label their ideal woman as «thin».

That's what I said.  The numbers are hardly an earth-shattering revelation, since we've now been inundated with the Krazy Kardashian Kulture(more alluring than the original K3, albeit slightly), leading to women - and even men - now going through any and all measures(squats, implants, injections, ripoff pills, etc) to achieve that big bubble butt which apparently turns an otherwise-emaciated physique into a "real" lady with CURVES.  🤨

Guest fishmish

There was that one study (maybe there was one or two others), albeit of a very small sample size, that suggested that men under stress prefer heavier women: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0042593

I'd love to see more followup research done on the subject, but the theory seems plausible to me. Stress often results from uncertainty. On a biological level, women who are well-nourished should be able to stand up better during times of scarcity. Here's my hypothesis/question:

As modern society and technology continues to push human beings into states of chronic stress, are we beginning to prefer heavier partners? Could stress be driving the ideal body weight upward? There are way more men out there who prefer heavier women or are at least okay with heavier women than I used to believe possible. I wonder if this has always been so or if tastes are shifting? Do these tastes change through time according to contemporary levels societal stress/uncertainty vs societal peace/stability?

difficult to know the reason for certain, and every head is a world, but i do know i prefer softer bellies, why ? i just prefer to feel softness and rolls and cellulite than something hard and toned and bones and tight skin, with the softness you can play... you can squish it, make the cellulite more notable, let it go, move it, let it fall, with a defined abdomen well, there is really not much to do and that of course can be considered plain boring

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vladimir Putin

When most men say "curvy" they mean thin with some tone, breasts, hips, ass and thighs. But still thin, and certainly no belly.