No way to gain weight faster?

Guest tonynai

Guest tonynai

Maybe this sounds rather naive and unrealistic. I guess I've always been drawn to quick fixes to everything. But I guess I'm just frustrated with lack of progress sometimes. I try to be accepting. I do. If things don't work out, they don't. In this case, I've been trying to gain some weight. Now, conventional wisdom does say if you want to gain weight: just eat a lot.

I'm 5, 9 and a half, 147 lbs but I'm trying to gain at least 30 lbs of fat. But with my metabolism the way it is, it's very difficult to put on weight. Also, I work two jobs where they are technically intense physical activity like lifting boxes, etc. So no chance of gaining if I lose the fat while lifting.

Whatever weight I gain, it goes away just like that.

I guess I'm just wondering with the exception of high calorie foods like pizza, ice cream and burgers and cakes. Are there other alternatives as far as food goes? Like a shake? Some other food I don't know about? lol If there is a shake, I don't want it to have to be GNC related. I don't want to have to go to GNC and buy some weight gainer because the ingredients in those products don't agree with me. Better yet, how many times do I have to eat to gain at least 10 lbs in a week?

So yeah I'm sorry if this sounds desperate but I'm really tired of being skinny.

Guest tonynai
On 4/4/2018 at 1:10 PM, extra_m13 said:

just increase food intake and remember this is really a marathon, that is the proper way to look at it, don't think you can gain 100 pounds in a year, do it again, and feel good in the meantime. body has to have a process of getting used to it.

It does. I read that having such an eating lifestyle can be a shock to your body. But I do believe that the body is extremely adaptable. I guess I just have to be patient which I'll admit is very hard. What would be the most one can gain in a year with a high metabolism and with body stats similar to mine?