Unexpected "Weight Gain Content" in Literature

WaxerRed

A couple mostly minor: in one background short story for A Song of ice and Fire, a Targaryen prince notes that his relative the princess was the slimmest, fairest maiden in the land in her teens. Three pregnancies later and by twenty she's stout, very thick waisted and huge bosomed.

I've written a witcher gain fic before, and plan on updating soon, but going over the books it almost teases one with ultra hot super bitch Yennefer. In the book she's introduced in, Geralt notices she's incredibly slender. A couple books later, Yenns newly adopted ward Ciri notes jealously that Yen is spectacularly, impossibly voluptuous even in comparison to other sorceresses. In the next book, Yen refuses some snacks at a party on the excuse she's watching her figure. In the next book she rips open the seam on her dress bending over quickly. As far as I know, nothing ever comes of it and no one, not even the other catty sorceresses who'd gleefully notice, mentions her gaining weight. But the plot line is frustratingly almost there, a few mentions of snug gowns or plumpness and it'd be golden.

Another minor one:

Pathfinder is the Pepsi to DnDs Coke for those who don't know. The publisher sells guide books for regions in the game world that give details and plot hooks, ranging from local monsters and rulers, on different regions. one book for a gothic horror region called ustalav, talks about a beautiful countess/opera singer who used her riches and sex bomb body to overcome deficiencies in singing ability or writing skill to great success until she took a long break to have a kid. Out of shape and out of practice, she had a nervous breakdown on opening night with of her grand return when younger, slimmer actresses got more applause and has been essentially bedridden out of humiliation for years since.

love to run a campaign focusing on that...

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2018 at 1:51 PM, Batman76 said:

*One that's extremely blatant is the Malazan book of the fallen series which has several overweight sorceresses presented as quite attractive, but especially one named Rucket who starts off as very lean and then has to disguise herself in an occupied city. She magically puts on half a ton with no ill effects and the text rather gleefully describes her waterfall of fat rolls, with one male main character going from mildly attracted to her to raging hard on at all times around her. She begins eating constantly and muses on getting fat for real.

Major thanks for the Malazan recommendation.
The books are good reading by themselves.

Yep, given this description of Rucket, the sorceress who magically fattens up as a disguise..

He did not believe it possible that flesh could move in as many directions all at once, every swell beneath the silk seemingly possessed of corporeal independence, yet advancing in a singular chorus of overt sexuality. Her shadow engulfing him, Tehol loosed a small whimper, struggling to drag his eyes up, past the stacked folds of her belly, past the impossibly high, bulging, grainsack-sized breasts – lost for a moment in that depthless cleavage – then, with heroic will, yet higher to the smooth udder beneath her chin; higher still, neck straining, to that so round face with its broad, painted, purple lips – higher – Errant help me – to those delicious, knowing eyes.

Makes it obvious that the author is one of us, a fellow pervert. Given that he's a writer, which means disciplined enough to write doorstoppers at a volume, it's not impossible that he writes fetish fiction under some pseudonym.

Non-FA's don't get it though. I looked up the forums for the book and people just find the quoted description and Tehol's liking for fat Rucket funny.

2 hours ago, 119 said:

Yep, given this description of Rucket, the sorceress who magically fattens up as a disguise..

Makes it obvious that the author is one of us, a fellow pervert. Given that he's a writer, which means disciplined enough to write doorstoppers at a volume, it's not impossible that he writes fetish fiction under some pseudonym.

Non-FA's don't get it though. I looked up the forums for the book and people just find the quoted description and Tehol's liking for fat Rucket funny.

Yeah, I loved that scene. Sadly I haven't seen anything else like it recently.

5 hours ago, Batman76 said:

Yeah, I loved that scene. Sadly I haven't seen anything else like it recently.

For all we know, we've been reading stories from Mr. Erikson's DA account for years.

Or maybe not. There's few erotica writers who are really good at the craft, but still. Writers write, and it's hard to imagine someone with that kind of writing ability not using it.

Eh, maybe I'll write him a fan letter after reading the books and politely inquire about it.

In The Odyssey, there's a scene where Odysseus's wife is about to face her suitors and tell them to leave again. To increase her charisma and presence, one of the goddesses (Athena, I think), blesses her with a thicker frame to jaw-dropping effect 😍😵

I'd bet money that there was an Ancient Greek version of curvage thousands of years ago -- bunch of guys drinking together adoring the curviest maidens and talking about it for hours. One of them brings in a vase decorated with thicc girls and they all ogle it haha

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 3:21 PM, 119 said:

After reading Gardens of the Moon I suspected that Steven Erickson was one of us  just by the way she  describes  Tattersail. I see I was right.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 3:50 PM, 119 said:

For all we know, we've been reading stories from Mr. Erikson's DA account for years.

Or maybe not. There's few erotica writers who are really good at the craft, but still. Writers write, and it's hard to imagine someone with that kind of writing ability not using it.

Eh, maybe I'll write him a fan letter after reading the books and politely inquire about it.

There’s been a handful of FA writers over the years that made me wonder if it were their profession, but it’s a low bar, so I may be grading on a curve. 

• 3 months later...

Update! 

The book knight life is about king Arthur appearing in modern day to run for mayor of NYC. 

But the first, excellent chapter shows how vain evil sorceress Morgan let Faye has over the centuries let herself go, becoming an unhealthly obese, suicidally depressed, late middle age slob who's patricians face has gotten a new chin every decade thanks to doing nothing but eating fast food, drinking cheap beer and watching shit tv. Unfortunately she Slim's back down immediately after chapter one...but chapter one is the free sample..

• 1 year later...

Someone mentioned Heinlein’s Stranger in a Strange Land already, but he has another book called Tunnel in the Sky about a class of planet scouts that get trapped on another planet for two years and build civilization from scratch.

One character is named Jack, who is a girl that wears bulky armor and has short hair, which makes the main character think she’s a man. Then she takes the armor off and reveals her full name as “Jaqueline” (they were arguing about letting women vote; this was an OLD book). Anyway, she gets married, has at least one baby, and cooks a lot, so she gets SUPER plump near the end.

There’s another book I know that’s part of the Arthur Pendragon series. The main character is relaxing on the beach with his friends and notices one of the girls filled-out her bra a lot more than last year. “But he didn’t say anything. That wouldn’t be cool.” I used to have the page it was on memorized because I had no internet growing up and it was all I had haha

• 1 year later...

Found out about a fantasy series, Soldier Son by Robin Hobb. The magic and manna can be produced only through hedonism = feasting + sex. So all the witches and wizards are obese as hell, since the townspeople sending huge amount of foods for their wizard or witch to help making magic. 

Also its getting more significant in the second book

Another banger from Robert Heinlein: Farnham’s Freehold, in which a family of preppers survive world war 3 in a bunker so solid it survives multiple direct hits from nukes that warp space-time itself and send them into the future.

More importantly, the future is run by blacks (because, you know, not many nukes hit Africa) and ironically all the surviving whites are indentured servants of them (not quite slaves). Custom is to fatten girls into fluffy “bed-warmers” which actually happens to the prepper’s wife…

Shit, this was a weird book. I was only 12 and didn’t know any better. I just thought the “bed warmer” tradition was cool 😓

Gene Wolfe's "Free Live Free", where a group of squatters are evicted from a condemned building, then followed by mysterious agents who try to lure them aside with various temptations.

One character, a call girl named Candy Garth, is already so fat she barely fits into clothes. An agent poses as a wealthy john and takes her to a fancy restaurant, where she is fed until her skirt and blouse buttons have given way and her belly is spilling onto the table. She is too gorged and inebriated to walk, and has to be carried out by several men.

We are told this is the first time in her life she has felt genuinely, completely full, and later that she is the only subject from the group who could handle being given their ultimate desire.

• 2 weeks later...

Of Human Bondage by W. Maugham. There are a few moments in the book where the main character, Philip, remarks to whatever woman he fancies at the time things along the line of “we’ll get married and you’ll get fat” or jokingly saying “you’re looking rather plump since the last time I saw you…” I definitely did not pick up this book for slight teasing but it was a nice surprise! 

also On another note of the story one of Philip’s older acquaintances is a mother of 9 or so children and she’s described as getting stouter every year. Curious to see if anyone else has read this book and caught those things 🤔

In the spanish classic "La Regenta" by Leopoldo "Alas" Clarín, there is a good 3-4 pages describing the changes in Ana Ozores (La Regenta) when she moves in with her aunts. Her aunts literally try to fatten her up (as she is very skinny) in order to find her a good husband. It's well described the change of habits in order to make her put on weight and how Ana becomes more beautiful as she gets fatter. I was really surprised by it. Also, the book is quite good, if you liked Madame Bovary, you should read it!

Also, in the epilogue of "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoi it's mentioned that one of the protagonist, Natasha Rostova has become quite fat.

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2021 at 11:45 PM, PrinceForFlabby said:

Found out about a fantasy series, Soldier Son by Robin Hobb. The magic and manna can be produced only through hedonism = feasting + sex. So all the witches and wizards are obese as hell, since the townspeople sending huge amount of foods for their wizard or witch to help making magic. 

Also its getting more significant in the second book

I decided to give this one a look. Three things I can say now that I'm most of the way through the second book:

1) It's a really good story - a narrative of the conflict between colonizers and indigenous peoples set in a low-magic world where the European-analogues have a birth-order-based caste system, told by a born soldier who finds himself trapped between the two groups.

2) The weight gain is pretty much exclusively male, with the only significant fat woman being a spirit of ambiguous age (always fat, but sometimes old, sometimes young.)  Not my thing - I still enjoyed the books a lot, but if you're just looking for women gaining weight, you won't find it here (unless it pops up in the third book, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that's likely.)

3) That said, if it is your thing, I strongly recommend Book 2, Forest Mage, which is a novel length slow-burn WG story that goes into the changes to the protagonist's body, and how he feels about them, at length. It includes many descriptions of the fit of clothes, eating scenes, teasing and humiliation, feeder/feedee relationships -- just about everything you'd expect in a WG story, but it's an actual full-length novel that's well-written and has a real story, too.  Definitely don't miss it if this is something you're into.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Stephen King short story “Word Processor of the Gods”, the main character uses the equivalent of a supernatural typewriter to change the past, so that he and his wife never had any children. (Instead of having one son who is apparently a real AH.). The next time he sees his wife, he discovers she’s now much fatter than she used to be. Still a pain though.

In his short story “Quitters Inc”, the protagonist is warned by the very, VERY draconian organization he retained to help him quit smoking, that if he puts on too much weight afterwards, they’ll cut off one of his wife’s fingers. Weeks later, talking at a dinner party to the coworker who actually recommended this company, he notices the guy’s wife has only nine fingers.

(FYI, the company was founded by an organized crime boss, and if you get caught smoking, the punishments range from electrocuting your spouse for 30 seconds, to breaking your child’s legs, to outright murder.)

1 hour ago, allaine1978 said:

In the Stephen King short story “Word Processor of the Gods”, the main character uses the equivalent of a supernatural typewriter to change the past, so that he and his wife never had any children. (Instead of having one son who is apparently a real AH.). The next time he sees his wife, he discovers she’s now much fatter than she used to be. Still a pain though.

In his short story “Quitters Inc”, the protagonist is warned by the very, VERY draconian organization he retained to help him quit smoking, that if he puts on too much weight afterwards, they’ll cut off one of his wife’s fingers. Weeks later, talking at a dinner party to the coworker who actually recommended this company, he notices the guy’s wife has only nine fingers.

(FYI, the company was founded by an organized crime boss, and if you get caught smoking, the punishments range from electrocuting your spouse for 30 seconds, to breaking your child’s legs, to outright murder.)

The 1st story was actually filmed for tv with Bruce Davison as the main character.

"Tales from the Darkside" The Word Processor of the Gods (TV Episode 1984) - IMDb