Unexpected "Weight Gain Content" in Literature

WaxerRed

Does anyone else ever get a little excited whenever they find a bit of "WG" themed material in regular literature? Even if it's not the focus of the story or even just a few lines it always is nice to see the fetish, (Probably unintentionally) shown.

The First example the first I ever saw this was in the "Lion The With and The Wardrobe" there's the small section were the Queen tempts  Edmund to eat Turkish Delights, not telling them they are addictive and if left on his own would keep eating them until he popped. (Not knowing exactly I had this fetish gave me the most awkward boner of my life in 5th grade English. )

A WAAAY more obscure example is in the book "Erec Rex, monsters of otherness" Long story short,  throughout the book there is the subplot of two twins being kidnapped, and our main character Erec has magic eyeglasses that let him watch them, and is using them in an attempt to find and rescue them. But instead of seeing them held tied up or abused as captives he only sees them being pampered with candy and ice cream. But you learn later they are being fattened up hansel and gretel style to be served to the monsters as sacrifice. It's no more then a few dozen words scattered throughout the story but I love the concept and keep the book by whenever I want to re-read it. And the concept has always struck a cord with me. 

And last that I can think of off the top of my head is the too short story https://www.quia.com/files/quia/users/christinawade/TextFiles/SciFi/H.O._Lose_Now,_Pay_Later.pdf a story I''m entirely convinced was written by a closeted Feeder. It's not long and I wont give it all away but its basically about aliens secretly fattening the earth inhabitants. ANOTHER concept that I'm always interested in. 

Any way I don't know why I always find these snippets interesting, especially when there are hundreds of stories dedicated to WG. Maybe it's just the unexpected surprise of getting them. But if anyone has any they want to share Id love to see them. 

19 minutes ago, Batman76 said:

There's a kids story called Knights Castle where the kids introduce modernity into the Middle Ages and the shapely Lady Rowena from Ivanhoe turns into a fat couch potatoe who eats junk food all day.

Oh. I think I remember reading that for a school project years back, but it had so completely slipped my mind so thanks for the reminder. 

Other partly vague memories from various stuff:

*In the Sharpe's Rifles series by Bernard Cornwell, there's a Portugese woman who when introduced is a rail thin young lady and becomes the main character, then a low ranking officer, girl for the book. Every other time she's seen over the rest of the series (which cover half a decade), her current paramour has increased in rank and she's increased in weight, going from soft to plump to downright fat by the last time she's seen late in the series.

*One that's extremely blatant is the Malazan book of the fallen series which has several overweight sorceresses presented as quite attractive, but especially one named Rucket who starts off as very lean and then has to disguise herself in an occupied city. She magically puts on half a ton with no ill effects and the text rather gleefully describes her waterfall of fat rolls, with one male main character going from mildly attracted to her to raging hard on at all times around her. She begins eating constantly and muses on getting fat for real.

11 hours ago, Batman76 said:

Another from Malazan, a girl named Felisin is kidnapped by a cult of excess and becomes their leader. When seen several books later, a few years of doing nothing but eating, drinking, fucking and smoking pot all day have made her so fat she can barely set up

I found a pdf of the book online and after a 'bit' of searching (long book) found the section you referenced. But it was worth it, a very nice little bit of WG added to a bigger story, thanks! My only complaints is how little there was in such a big book :( Felisin younger's rise to the throne being tempted to embrace debauchery and final fate are all just a few paragraphs with most of it happening off page.  If I ever get around to writing my own WG story I like the concept, of someone playing both roles of prisoner and queen,  being abducted but pampered by their captors until there resolves weakens  and they become fattened figure head.. Both ruler and enslaved. Thanks again!

In the book Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A Heinlein - which is about an human, Mike, born on another planet returning to earth and eventually starting a religious movement - one character has three secretaries who range from “pleasantly plump to deliciously slender” at the beginning of the book. I think Anne was the “pleasantly plump” secretary. I remember because she was my favorite, and I believe she was the first woman Mike slept with due to how attractive she was. At another point in the book, she is described as “so much bigger” than the other two. 

In one scene, some other guy visits the house they’re staying at, and thinks to himself that some of the secretaries are “plumper than he would of thought.”

Then, later in the book, the Mike starts his own religious movement I would say, where everyone lives together in a big building/church and there is food constantly available. The secretaries are described as having gained weight towards the end of the book. 

There is also a woman named Jill, who Mike also has a relationship with, that is part of the church and eats often. At one point, she is struggling to put on clothes because they’re too tight. She asks another woman, Dawn, if “we have put on some weight?”

Dawn replies with some like “I think so, but no matter.”

And Jill replies something like “You mean it helps. We were too skinny before.”

Then Jill asks some guy if he has noticed that her and Dawn have similar, fuller figures. 

Speaking of Dawn, she is described as short and plump. And not in an unattractive way either , but as a beautiful “plump angel.” 

I believe there is another brief conversation or 2 about eating and gaining weight, but I can’t remember it. 

It’s a long, weird,thought-provoking  and interesting book. I wouldn’t suggest reading just for the weight gain stuff, because there isn’t that much. Still, I was surprised about what it did contain. Not only did the book have plump women and women openly speaking about gaining weight, but they were also described as attractive. 

10 hours ago, MuffinTopFan said:

In the book Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A Heinlein - which is about an human, Mike, born on another planet returning to earth and eventually starting a religious movement - one character has three secretaries who range from “pleasantly plump to deliciously slender” at the beginning of the book. I think Anne was the “pleasantly plump” secretary. I remember because she was my favorite, and I believe she was the first woman Mike slept with due to how attractive she was. At another point in the book, she is described as “so much bigger” than the other two. 

In one scene, some other guy visits the house they’re staying at, and thinks to himself that some of the secretaries are “plumper than he would of thought.”

Then, later in the book, the Mike starts his own religious movement I would say, where everyone lives together in a big building/church and there is food constantly available. The secretaries are described as having gained weight towards the end of the book. 

There is also a woman named Jill, who Mike also has a relationship with, that is part of the church and eats often. At one point, she is struggling to put on clothes because they’re too tight. She asks another woman, Dawn, if “we have put on some weight?”

Dawn replies with some like “I think so, but no matter.”

And Jill replies something like “You mean it helps. We were too skinny before.”

Then Jill asks some guy if he has noticed that her and Dawn have similar, fuller figures. 

Speaking of Dawn, she is described as short and plump. And not in an unattractive way either , but as a beautiful “plump angel.” 

I believe there is another brief conversation or 2 about eating and gaining weight, but I can’t remember it. 

It’s a long, weird,thought-provoking  and interesting book. I wouldn’t suggest reading just for the weight gain stuff, because there isn’t that much. Still, I was surprised about what it did contain. Not only did the book have plump women and women openly speaking about gaining weight, but they were also described as attractive. 

I'll add it to my kindle que,  weight gain aside it sounds like a story i'd enjoy regardless, thanks. 

To add a few more, these are a bit...'darker' examples of more fattened for Cannibals stories. 

In the second to last Narnia book the kids and Puddlegum are taken in by giants who plan to cook them up and eat them...lucky they escape. 

Shortest example ever is in the fourth Sinbad adventure where the crew is given food by a group of natives. The first meal robs the crew of their sense's with drugs and the next few are meant to fatten them, only the captains escapes. It's no more then two sentences. 

And last and most tragic is the first "Enemy" book by Higson. Warning dark,  in the post apocalptic  world a seemingly nice couple living underground take in kids....only to then ahem "Hansel and gretel them." They feed them food to make them fat while their muscles to weak to let them even  walk.

Guest Giuseppe

American Gods: the main characters go to meet with a woman name Easter who jokingly complains the last time she went along with one of the main characters schemes, she gained a lot of weight while waiting for him in New Orleans to the point of her thighs still rub together when she walks. Reading this at twelve was eye opening and let a lot of confusing thoughts about what I was into snap into place.

Slaughterhouse Five: I don't actually remember if there is any weight gain per say, but the main character's wife is described as immensely fat and constantly eating candy bars she pulls from a seemingly endless supply in her purse.

Great topic! I know I've encountered a number of scenes of weight gain and/or fat admirers in mainstream books over the years, but I can only remember details from a few.

One of my earliest stirrings as a future F.A. came from a Sesame Street book! In Cookie Monster's Circle Book, Cookie Monster takes part in a pie eating contest. There is an illustration of the human contestants lying around afterwards with stuffed bellies. I always wondered why that gave me tingly feelings as a kid!

In grade school, I read Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes. It always stuck with me that one of the secondary characters was described as an F.A.! I had to look up the ebook to recall the details. British redcoat Sergeant Gale wants to marry the "plump" and "buxom" young Madge. "The skinny little red rascal evidently liked his ladies plump."  I remember marveling at that: some men prefer fat women! Note to the file!

Another memorable moment is in Piers Anthony's On a Pale Horse. The protagonist inadvertently "kills" the Grim Reaper and becomes Death himself. (This was way before The Santa Clause.) There's a scene where Satan tempts him by offering a voluptuous succubus. What steamy prose Anthony put forth to describe the motion of her plump, rippling, bounteous flesh!

And finally, another weird one. In my favorite novel, Breakfast of Champions, Kurt Vonnegut explains mundane things as if his readers aren't from the planet Earth, even including his crude sketches of what the U.S. flag is, what underpants are, what an anus looks like, etc. In one aside he explains what an inch is, then states the penis length of the book's male characters in inches, and the measurements of the female characters in inches. He reveals that the wife of protagonist Dwayne had smaller measurements when they married, and larger measurements at the time she committed suicide. Yes, a morbid thing to find erotic... but I admit, I kinda did!

On a Pale Horse.png

Breakfast of Champions.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hoka! Hoka! Hoka!, by Poul Anderson and Gordon R. Dickson is part of a series of short story collections about a race of space teddy bears who become insanely dedicated LARPers and spend all their time acting out bits of Earth culture. In the chapter "The Tiddlywink Warriors", the (human) protagonist's wife crash-lands on a planet and is taken captive by another race of aliens who think of her as a goddess and stuff her with fattening food. She disappears for most of the chapter, which is mostly focused on the protagonist's efforts to rescue her with a bunch of Hoka emulating the French Foreign Legion, but is reunited with him in the end, where he notes she's reached a state of "pleasantly bouncy plumpness" and that the seams of her clothing are starting to give way. 

The Science Fiction Weight Loss Book, an anthology edited by Isaac Asimov, is an entire collection of stories related to weight loss and gain.  It's mostly played for body horror, and almost all of them get pretty dark.

The Soprano Sorceress by L.E. Modesitt.  The protagonist is a pudgy middle-aged woman from Earth who finds herself transported to another world in a slim, youthful body, and she's got magic powers, to boot. Sorcerers and sorceresses in this world have to eat constantly to fuel their magic, and she spends a lot of time warring with her deeply ingrained resistance to overeating and worry about putting on weight, to the point she almost starves from overuse of her powers and not eating enough. Mostly just a tease, at least in the part of the series I read--she's losing weight, not gaining it. But it's not hard to think of some intriguing situations here...

Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.  A chubby princess falls under the sway of a nasty governess, who tries to turn her into a proper lady, including slimming her down. She discovers a secret passage out of the room where she's being kept captive and gleefully gorges herself in the pantry every night, gaining even more weight, much to her captor's despair.  

The Princess Bride by William Goldman. The very beginning of the book is the story of a beautiful chambermaid who's lusted after by a king. The queen discovers the chambermaid has a weakness for chocolate, and begins keeping huge quantities of it lying around to tempt her. The chambermaid "went from delicate to whopping inside of a season", but doesn't mind, and ends up happily married to the palace chef.

The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey. The main character is living a version of the Cinderella story, and notes that one of her stepsisters has been putting on weight, possibly as a side effect of gobbling extra desserts just so 'Cinderella' can't have them.

As mentioned earlier, the work of Jack L. Chalker is absolutely rife with transformations of all kinds, mostly body-switching or being turned into aliens but also including weight gain:

When The Changewinds Blow: A girl on a quest tricks a wicked alchemist into drinking her own love potion and falling for her, but the alchemist is a jealous, possessive lover and keeps the girl dosed with mind-clouding potions; when she eventually comes to her senses, she realizes she's put on a ton of weight from lazing around stuffing herself with starchy foods.  The enchanted gem sending her on the quest gets fed up and commands her to get back to it (also threatening to make her gain more weight if she doesn't comply.)

The Well of Souls series: The most notable example is unfortunately an underage kid, who's drugged and then wakes up to realize she's been overeating (I'm sensing a theme here), but there's a few other weight gain bits scattered throughout the books--I particularly remember a woman from a prehistoric-level human culture, but with odd psychic abilities, glutting herself to build up fat stores to fuel her mental powers.

The Messiah Choice: It's literally just one line, but I remember a character observing that another character "was having serious trouble getting her jeans on--she'd put on a lot of weight in a very short amount of time."  Oddly, there's no explanation of why, nor is this ever followed up on, so it really is just transformation for the sake of it.

G.O.D. Inc: One of the two main characters is detective Brandy Horowitz, whose weight fluctuates over the course of the books; she starts off plump, gets very fit during the first book, and eventually gains it all back.

On 4/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, DrywallDryad said:

Hoka! Hoka! Hoka!, by Poul Anderson and Gordon R. Dickson is part of a series of short story collections about a race of space teddy bears who become insanely dedicated LARPers and spend all their time acting out bits of Earth culture. In the chapter "The Tiddlywink Warriors", the (human) protagonist's wife crash-lands on a planet and is taken captive by another race of aliens who think of her as a goddess and stuff her with fattening food. She disappears for most of the chapter, which is mostly focused on the protagonist's efforts to rescue her with a bunch of Hoka emulating the French Foreign Legion, but is reunited with him in the end, where he notes she's reached a state of "pleasantly bouncy plumpness" and that the seams of her clothing are starting to give way. 

The Science Fiction Weight Loss Book, an anthology edited by Isaac Asimov, is an entire collection of stories related to weight loss and gain.  It's mostly played for body horror, and almost all of them get pretty dark.

The Soprano Sorceress by L.E. Modesitt.  The protagonist is a pudgy middle-aged woman from Earth who finds herself transported to another world in a slim, youthful body, and she's got magic powers, to boot. Sorcerers and sorceresses in this world have to eat constantly to fuel their magic, and she spends a lot of time warring with her deeply ingrained resistance to overeating and worry about putting on weight, to the point she almost starves from overuse of her powers and not eating enough. Mostly just a tease, at least in the part of the series I read--she's losing weight, not gaining it. But it's not hard to think of some intriguing situations here...

Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.  A chubby princess falls under the sway of a nasty governess, who tries to turn her into a proper lady, including slimming her down. She discovers a secret passage out of the room where she's being kept captive and gleefully gorges herself in the pantry every night, gaining even more weight, much to her captor's despair.  

The Princess Bride by William Goldman. The very beginning of the book is the story of a beautiful chambermaid who's lusted after by a king. The queen discovers the chambermaid has a weakness for chocolate, and begins keeping huge quantities of it lying around to tempt her. The chambermaid "went from delicate to whopping inside of a season", but doesn't mind, and ends up happily married to the palace chef.

The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey. The main character is living a version of the Cinderella story, and notes that one of her stepsisters has been putting on weight, possibly as a side effect of gobbling extra desserts just so 'Cinderella' can't have them.

As mentioned earlier, the work of Jack L. Chalker is absolutely rife with transformations of all kinds, mostly body-switching or being turned into aliens but also including weight gain:

When The Changewinds Blow: A girl on a quest tricks a wicked alchemist into drinking her own love potion and falling for her, but the alchemist is a jealous, possessive lover and keeps the girl dosed with mind-clouding potions; when she eventually comes to her senses, she realizes she's put on a ton of weight from lazing around stuffing herself with starchy foods.  The enchanted gem sending her on the quest gets fed up and commands her to get back to it (also threatening to make her gain more weight if she doesn't comply.)

The Well of Souls series: The most notable example is unfortunately an underage kid, who's drugged and then wakes up to realize she's been overeating (I'm sensing a theme here), but there's a few other weight gain bits scattered throughout the books--I particularly remember a woman from a prehistoric-level human culture, but with odd psychic abilities, glutting herself to build up fat stores to fuel her mental powers.

The Messiah Choice: It's literally just one line, but I remember a character observing that another character "was having serious trouble getting her jeans on--she'd put on a lot of weight in a very short amount of time."  Oddly, there's no explanation of why, nor is this ever followed up on, so it really is just transformation for the sake of it.

G.O.D. Inc: One of the two main characters is detective Brandy Horowitz, whose weight fluctuates over the course of the books; she starts off plump, gets very fit during the first book, and eventually gains it all back.

So many good additions thank you. Someone mentioned Chalker once above but now his list got a whole lot longer, it definitely seems like he has a type...not that I'm complaining. 

I'm surprised something like this exists

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FatteningTheVictim

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ForceFeeding

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ToServeMan

Although very few of the things on our list crossover to the one's on theirs. So i'm confident hat there is even more examples in books still out there that have yet to be suggested. 

• 3 months later...

Blackwing by Ed McDonald is a fantasy novel in which humans are at war with powerful demonic sorcerers known as the Deep Kings. 

Sometimes the Deep Kings will infiltrate human cities with female demons called Brides who enslave men with their intense sexual charms and then grow fatter and fatter as they force them to do their bidding, often rewarding them with lavish orgies.