What the heck happened to the forms!

flavor42000

Why lose all of the great pics and links to videos from Familiar Faces? Lots of loyal members contributed good stuff there. There's no reason to lose a lot of classic material. Kerry Marie and Otoni had many followers... If you can't bring back the forum, at least make the content available somewhere on the site. And let us know about it! Before you make a change, why not let us know what you're thinking, and give us a chance for input? Familiar Faces had a lot of Classic Curvage pics with sentimental value. Hope we don't lose all of that content...    

51 minutes ago, greg said:

Why lose all of the great pics and links to videos from Familiar Faces? Lots of loyal members contributed good stuff there. There's no reason to lose a lot of classic material. Kerry Marie and Otoni had many followers... If you can't bring back the forum, at least make the content available somewhere on the site. And let us know about it! Before you make a change, why not let us know what you're thinking, and give us a chance for input? Familiar Faces had a lot of Classic Curvage pics with sentimental value. Hope we don't lose all of that content...    

They are not lost. They were merged into the general pics forum.

We didn't see a reason to have two separate forums for same content.

The classic content is buried by the newer content, making it hard to find. The site was so nice before. You're just going to kill off Otoni and Kerry Marie and some of the older threads that some of us liked... Look, it's your project and a very nice service you provide.... I think it's a shame, but what do I know? Hope it works out for you...  

40 minutes ago, greg said:

The classic content is buried by the newer content, making it hard to find. The site was so nice before. You're just going to kill off Otoni and Kerry Marie and some of the older threads that some of us liked... Look, it's your project and a very nice service you provide.... I think it's a shame, but what do I know? Hope it works out for you...  

Did you read this discussion?

Yes, lots of talk in that thread. But abolishing Familiar Faces was too drastic. I know that Familiar Faces had fewer views than some other areas of the site. Why not just move it to the bottom of the page, down with Abyss and the other links. That would be easy, and the content would not be scattered throughout another forum where it does not belong. I disagree with the comment that the site was disorganized... When you're running a service like this, sometimes it's smarter to take steps that are the least disruptive. Why abolish something when you can just move it lower on the page?  Just my feelings as a loyal member...

this is the cycle of feature updates

the devs make improvements -> users complain that the layout changed and they can't find this and can't figure out that, cue mass hysteria -> over time they get accustomed to the new features and begin to prefer the new and improved thing -> repeat cycle