Nigella Lawson

Guest cofidis

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Smithsonius

Nigella's thread was one of the best on the old Curvage because she didn't seem to feel any pressure to lose weight and it looked good on her. But now she's gone and lost it – in more ways than one.

I dunno, she's still looking quite tasty on her new Nigellissima show at the moment. Nowhere near as large as she was, but still got some curves and softness.

I dunno, she's still looking quite tasty on her new Nigellissima show at the moment. Nowhere near as large as she was, but still got some curves and softness.

In all fairness, I have to agree with this.

I loved her when she was bigger. It was thrilling to see her slowly pack on more pounds. It's a shame if this decision to slim down was made more or less because she fell under pressure from thin-obsessed culture. (Although, it has to be added, I'm not at all sure this has been the case here...I mean, sure, people made headlines about her swelling figure, but she was still considered a 'role model' and a sex symbol even at her biggest.)

But still. The woman is stunningly beautiful, flirtatious, laid back and she still has quite a curvy figure. Sure, she is thinn-er, but not thin.

And let's remember. With the way she cooks, how long do you think it will take before she has gained all that weight back?

This just defies all logic...she looked like she was maybe in her mid-30s when she was chubby but now she definitely looks 52, what the hell prompted this?

She was actually quite lucky in that regard. Sophie Grigson, got enormous (at least a 100 pound gain) compared to what she was, but looks all of her 53 years. Nigella was on of these women that slowly increased in weight back filling her skin as it got looser, instead of gaining a lot of extra wrinkles. Also after being that size and then shrinking back down, there is a slight deflated look.

Age wise I think Nigella still looks younger than her age, maybe mid forties, but she did look late thirties before. However she is a chef, its not like she can hide from food.

Nigella's thread was one of the best on the old Curvage because she didn't seem to feel any pressure to lose weight and it looked good on her. But now she's gone and lost it – in more ways than one.

Remember that she stated that her husband liked her curvier and she carried a little more weight than she normally would.  I don't think that her husband all the sudden had a change in preference.  She will gain the weight back.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...