The Siren Call

chrissy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I entered Arlington purposefully, confident things weren't going to work as relatively poorly as they had previously. I took a table quietly; I was about a half hour early. I wasn't sure why I decided to arrive early, except for, perhaps, the ability to dig in with an Old Fashioned after a hard week. 

I idly looked around. Things appeared to be mostly the same at Arlington, which, considering it had been about six months or so, seemed about right. However, my attention turned rather swiftly to one of the servers, as you do. 

It happened to be a side view. This woman – in my estimate, on the verge of 30, perhaps – I could have sworn I had seen her before, when she was more of a rail like many of the servers here or anywhere. Now she looked quite a bit like Natalie Sawyer, the former Sky Sports presenter... well, except, perhaps, even bigger. 

She must have felt my eyes, because she immediately started coming my way. I gently reminded myself that this was her job; the leering of my wasn't necessarily rude, it was a gentle ask for attention.

"Hey there, can I get you anything?" She smiled.

"Just a.. refill, please. Old Fashioned." It was sitting there, half full. I was a dope in her presence. She had a glow to her, a radiance that girls get when they first begin to gain.

"Well I can get a second, no use in wasting that!" She laughed, and I casually observed her upper arms jostling a little for attention.

"Well... have any recommendations for beers? Favourites?" Let's see where she's getting this from, I thought.

"Oh... well that's a right 180 there... I don't know, I'm partial to the local amber at Starbucks, actually, you know they just opened earlier this month?"

"Yeah, totally. Why not stay here though? Just getting away from work?"

"Yeah. Well actually..." she leaned down a little and the sudden sight of her cleavage made me mildly twitch, intoxicated as I already was in anticipation of Colleen.

"I do like going there quite a bit; I have a friend who's running a promo for me there."

"... intresting." I nodded. That couldn't be true. I knew it.

"Gotta say though, all that discount booze ..."  – she stood back up, putting a hand to her stomach in a slimming down motion – "is kind of dangerous for those of us watching our figures."

"Not seeing much danger here," I cooly replied. Compared to six months ago, as I remember now, she had positively blimped. At least a solid thirty pounds now took up residence on her frame; she was clearly deep in denial. I began to wonder if there was a bad influence about.

A slight pause. "Well... Good," she responded, awkwardly.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name there."

"Oh, it's Natalie. Alright, be right back."

She smiled and turned to the kitchen, and it was then that I saw two juicy lovehandles poking out under her straining pants and work shirt, ass unnaturally constrained. Surely someone told her?

"Here we go, local amber," Natalie said, sashaying back. I noticed her poise was unusually good and ergonomic – straight. I'd seen it so many times before, at a previous office gig, at the high school reunion... it was a classic trick to appear to slim the figure. 

"Mind trying it out for me? I want to know what you think," I said, impromptu.

"Oh... um..." Natalie grimaced a little. It was unusual, I admit. "If you say so."

I watched her sip. Clearly she enjoyed every second of it, and being put on display as such was new territory. I watched as her abdomen, carefully held in, slipped just a little as she put on her display of gracious enjoyment.

"M... haha, sorry. Vanilla-y, kind of? Just was it says on the tin. Er, bottle. Anyway. Let me know if you need anything."

With that she was off again before I could continue. I noticed little enclaves of back fat, clearly developing from her tucked in front and sides, and I started to imagine the vision of heaven that were to appear if she were to gain even just a bit more. Indeed, Natalie was at that stage where someone none the wiser could be fooled by Natalie's visual trickery, but person that certainly wasn't me.

Just as I started to really wonder what was going on with Colleen, I got a text.

"Hey. I gotta bail again. So sorry. I think I'm coming down with a flu :("

Damnit.

"Sorry to hear that and no problem. Rest well. Guess I'll have to have this amber I got from your coworker Natalie all by myself..." I teased a little.

There was an unusual, five minute pause. It looked like Colleen was about to send a message five times, then the indicator went away. Finally –

"Tell her I say don't go out tonight without me... and don't forget our fry deal ;)"

Fry deal? I sipped and went on my phone for a while, whiling away my time, occasionally glancing at Natalie busily working. I was in too deep. I had to know more about her at this point... and what the fry deal was.

As Natalie walked by my table on her way to the kitchen empty handed, I accidentally – truly, accidentally – swiped the cutlery set on my table off; it clattered softly to the carpeted floor, just in fron of Natalie. As she bent down to retrieve it, her shirt rode up, and for a split second I saw something that made me decide I had to stay until closing time. 

Natalie was wearing some heavy duty shape wear.

About another forty-five minutes or so into the evening, I noticed Natalie was rather busy, so I decided to move tables and approach Mark, who was on bar that night.

"Oh hey guy, been a while." He casually flipped a shot glass and shoved it over to another guy a few seats down. Must have been a regular.

"Not still with Colleen are we? I would be running at this point."

"Well I mean, we never really were," I said, truthfully. Well, it was weird, at least.

"Gotta tell you man, she is such a bad influence. I noticed you were being served by Becca. Those two have been hanging out so damn much and honestly man, I don't care, except Becca was so hot like six months ago... and now? She's gonna have to be pretty damn careful this winter. I think she's on the edge, man."

I grimaced, looking over at her again for honestly the fiftieth time. By now I had scanned every single developing inch of extra on her cheeks, chin, and everywhere else. And she only became more alluring.

"But I see you, man. You got the hots for Becca." 

I reddened. Becca? I guess she wasn't going to give away her name. "I uh – "

Mark sighed deeply. "It's ok man, some people like a few curves. The problem is these girls – that's not who they are. Again, I've seen it. They end up massive sometimes. You need to find a girl who's got some curves and has always been there, you know?"

"You seem pretty comfortable about all this," I said.

"Yeah, look man, I'm a bartender. I pretty much qualify for a license to to practice therapy. But I'm even better. You know why?"

I shook my head a little, slightly inebriated at this point.

Mark slammed two shots down and practically squirted the bottle.

"I got the liquid therapy too. Why don't you try to make a play tonight. She uh.... she loves fries. Order two fries and call one a mistake. She won't tell you, but she'll love you for it. It happens like, every shift. Mistake fries. I hear it from the kitchen all the time. They say 'the god damn "mistake fries" should be on the menu.' Haha."

I raised an eyebrow.

"They certainly don't mind her expanding rear, that's for sure. Anyway, good luck buddy. Not quite my thing but I can respect that."

Feeling slightly encouraged, I slammed down the shots and caught Becca's attention.

"What are you doing over here? Haha, got bored with the view over there?" Becca put a hand on her side, noticed it was giving away her shape wear, and sidled it down to her hip, where its plushness was abundantly clear.

"You could say that." I smiled. "Uh, two fries please.... I'm.... expecting a friend to arrive soon."

"Sure thing." 

As she turned, I noticed her held in belly reached just a touch further than her belt...

After what felt like an eternity, finally Becca swung over with the fries.

"Here you go."

"Er, this awkward, but uh – I found out my friend's not actually coming after all. I mean, I can just –" 

"Oh no! Haha, no worries," Becca said, maybe a bit too eagerly taking back one of the orders of fries. I couldn't help but notice she took the one that seemed to be a bit overflowing.

"Oh, thank you. Sorry about that," I offered.

"They're just fries! No worries at all." 

Just fries that are doing a number on your figure, I thought. 

I thought about what she said about Starbucks and having a connection. It was pretty clear she was using Colleen's card, or at least Colleen was helping her out from time to time. A terrible thought passed my mind. That Becca could have her own card. If she was struggling this badly in six months now under some structure, imagine if the floodgates were truly unleashed?

"So, oh, hey, Natalie," I called over just as she left, pretending I hadn't learned from Mark that she was really named Becca.

"Yes?" She stopped and turned around. It wasn't getting old anytime soon.

"So um... you were talking earlier about Starbucks and having a friend to help you out there?    A promo?"

"Um... yeah." Becca shifted a little, nervously. "What about it?"

"Well I work in management and, well maybe this isn't quite the time to discuss, but I think the company could use your help on a special project," I said, matter-of-factly, trying not to have my attention drawn too squarely on Becca's gently heaving chest. She looked intrigued.

"Oh – well ok... um, interesting." She was a little weirded out. Ok, play it cool. It is a little weird. But she wasn't running.

"Well look, I admit it's a little weird, me asking you like this, but I just heard to mention it earlier and I think this is something you'll appreciate." I clasped my hands and unclasped them, raising my eyebrows, almost pleadingly. "Want to uh... are you... done work soon?"

"Oh um.... actually yeah, in like half an hour." Becca looked over to survey the remaining tables. 

"Well great. Why don't we finish our fries and head over to the Starbucks for the local amber? Nothing to lose," I said. 

"... Nothing to lose." Becca smiled a little. 

"The fries here are pretty damn good," I add, having had a few. 

Becca took a long one from the mistake batch and enclosed her lips around it. It was unmistakenly, if mildly, sexual. You could almost see the pleasure coursing through her hips.

"You know it." She took the rest and disappeared into the kitchen, where I didn't see her emerge again for a solid fifteen minutes to hald an hour. Another waitress did the work of closing down the tables.

Mark walked over to me for an aside. "See, she's gone. I saw you talking to her. I think she might even be kinda into you."

I shrugged. "Well, we're going to the Starbucks tonight for an amber."

"Oh yeah? Good on you buddy. You haven't even properly seen her yet, most don't."

"Hmm?"

"Oh, wait until she changes into her street clothes. This is what I'm talking about when I say she's gotta watch it."

"By the way," I told Mark, "she thinks I think she's Natalie."

"Oh yeah, that's just her middle name, she's trying to do that for some reason. She's still Becca in my books," Mark said. Fair enough.

Just then I did see, I suppose it's Natalie, emerge from the kitchen. She wore a loose and frilly, empire cut, red top, supplemented with a thin waist belt just beneath the bosom, accenting a plunging neckline and rounded arms. Underneath that, her jeans, clearly an artefact from three (four?) sizes ago, cinched her thighs and waist like the jaws of life. Clearly this was still the Outfit of Denial, and Natalie was quickly outrunning its welcome. 

I hopped up. "Wow, excuse me, but you look even more stunning," I almost blurted out. Too much?

"Aw... haha, please, it's just me... think you might have some beer talking there." Natalie smiled, a faint double chin revealing itself. I imagined from the right angles she would look just fine, just with extremely impressive boobs. The way her top brushed against her figure said otherwise, however. 

How desperately I wanted to peek under that shirt and understand the true extent of the damage done her to her figure thus far – and how badly I wanted to push her over the edge, drowning her in heavenly, sinful Starbucks concoctions and inebriations.

"Shall we?" I motioned her to the door. 

As she passed by me, her hips grazed my hand ever so slightly, sitting just beneath her top and defiantly atop her jeans in a shocking large muffin top, especially if you were only familiar with the corsetted Natalie. 

I did my utmost not to elicit a reaction, but she turned and smiled at me before continuing out. 

Perhaps a knowing smile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...