Stories You Keep Coming Back to

Roberto

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, fighterhorse said:

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some examples of more mild weight gain fiction where the protagnoist ends up around a maximum of 200 pounds.

Granting a little leeway around the strict 200-pound cap, I think several stories by @Maverick, @snr6424, and @maxymumspyder (writing as "kowlooner") fall into that more "mild" or lighter-end (for weight if not exactly tone) of the weight gain fiction spectrum. Here are a few of my choice recommendations from that grouping:

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you likely already aware of this group since a few contributors to this thread are featured in it 😄

This DeviantArt group is a huge trove of WG fiction. I’m usually able to find something new and interesting on here when the usual places I look don’t have a lot of new content. There’s something for everyone for sure, no matter what kind of story you prefer. Enjoy, if you’re not already! 

https://www.deviantart.com/wg-squared

• 2 weeks later...

The story I always come back to is "Kim", an epic tale of well-deserved weight gain schadenfreude. Kim is the Alpha Bitch, a mean, stuck up, blisteringly hot girl who rules her high school with a cruel attitude and unmatched looks. She's vain, prissy, and deliciously bitchy - a villain protagonist we love to hate. Some seem to side with Kim (although I could never understand this), while most can't wait for her to get what's coming.

The author of this story skillfully weaves together themes of gluttony, denial, humiliation, narcissism, hiding weight gain, fear of exposure and more. This story is in a sense "archetypal" because it takes these themes to their absolute limit. Kim is the hottest, the meanest, the most stuck up girl. She's completely obsessed with her physical appearance and social status. At the beginning of the story, she's at at the absolute top of the social ladder (which, lucky for us, means she has the farthest to fall) in the setting where social status matters most - high school. In particular in the exaggerated form it takes in this story, this is the environment where one is under the most under scrutiny, and one's standing is most vulnerable to collapse. Even Ashley and Jenna, the two main secondary characters, exist mainly as more personified versions of the pressures squeezing in on Kim.

Right from the first chapters, we understand that gaining weight is the most humiliating thing that can happen in this world (save perhaps, hiding it and being found out). Gaining even a little weight is totally unthinkable for Kim, but as her inner glutton begins to take hold, her figure feels the effects and it becomes her greatest fear that anyone find out. Kim's prissy, vain attitude is continually contrasted by the embarrassing scenarios she finds herself in, as she tries to desperately hide her weight gain from her friends and the gossiping crowds at school.

Kim begins to use more and more extreme ways to cover up the gain, including "industrial strength" shapewear. Here the story subtly blends in the fantastic, without losing its realistic feel. Kim's girdle, the undergarment she resorts to when her gain is too much to just "suck in", is an almost magical artifact, keeping her public appearance slim and trim no matter how much she pigs out in private. It's a wonderful plot device, made all the better as it becomes central to her fear of being exposed ("Do they know? Oh my God they know! No - they can't... That would be...). The fantastic powers of the girdle allow Kim to keep up the charade, fooling the crowds of onlookers and making us wonder whether she'll really get away with it.

Kim's ultimate goal is to be crowned prom queen - the grand prize that will confirm her top spot in the social hierarchy. Her only competitor is her rival Melanie, a gracious, elegant foil for Kim's blustering, bullying ego. Melanie is always presented as tasteful, calm, and casually in control. She's effortlessly fit, beautiful and well-liked. Kim is puffed up, conceited, and desperate. She exudes arrogance, explodes in anger, then secretly gorges on junk food, unable to control her appetites. The reader takes great pleasure in watching her strain under the tension of polarity - haughty to the extreme on the outside yet maximally self conscious and terrified of being exposed on the inside. We watch her squirm as she's caught in increasingly tight (no pun intended) situations as the world looks on eagerly to discover what she's hiding.

The author also cleverly uses a number of common tropes. For example, in Chapter 18, Kim crosses the "moral event horizon" by "kicking the dog" (or in this case, an unfortunate nerdy girl in the cafeteria) and the reasonable reader (as well as the unreasonable reader who remains on her side) deems her unredeemable. It is only then that we are served Kim's final humiliation - the ultimate schadenfreude, a perfect comeuppance as Kim gets exactly what she deserves in an impossibly delicious humiliation conga where all of her greatest fears come true. A fitting end to an epic tale.

The story starts here: 

and ends here: 

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 12:19 AM, Talon Drone said:

PATRONAGE AND PIEROGI
By Madeline Maple

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61181

probably my absolute favorite. I’ve read it more than any other story.

the above link is dead. here's a functioning one, lest this classic fade into obscurity:
https://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/threads/patronage-and-pierogi-by-madeline-maple-ssbbw-romance-imagery-xwg.61181/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like “Fattened Faculty “ very very much, the kind of realistic pace of the story, although it is mostly fiction related. The description of the scenes and relationship between the characters is from high standards stories, even in comparison to normal standards of literature. 

Also the “Lila and Kween” Saga is absolutely one of my favorites 

• 1 month later...