How to gain weight lean by nature girl?

Svg91

She is going to need to force herself to eat more food, and eat more high calorie foods - but not to the point of becoming sick. She should gradually increase her calorie intake over time or may run into digestive problems. At first it will be hard (the first few months are rough), but then overeating will become second nature. I always recommend shakes to start out with because liquid calories are easier to get down. Even just a super high calorie milkshake before bed can do wonders! Tell her to try this recipe: 2 cups milk, 2-3 cups ice cream, and 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream. That's 1300 to 1900 calories for a single milkshake (depending on how much ice cream and heavy cream she uses), and very easy to get down. She should also make sure to surround herself with all of her favorite foods. Because a lot of girls who are naturally thin tend to think they are eating way more than they actually are, it's good to write down exactly what she's eating each day, to make sure she gets enough calories. If you give me her age, height, weight and current activity level I can tell you how much she should be eating.  Most women say that keeping a food diary takes the fun out of it, but it definitely helps.

6 hours ago, Gusto said:

She is going to need to force herself to eat more food, and eat more high calorie foods - but not to the point of becoming sick. She should gradually increase her calorie intake over time or may run into digestive problems. At first it will be hard (the first few months are rough), but then overeating will become second nature. I always recommend shakes to start out with because liquid calories are easier to get down. Even just a super high calorie milkshake before bed can do wonders! Tell her to try this recipe: 2 cups milk, 2-3 cups ice cream, and 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream. That's 1300 to 1900 calories for a single milkshake (depending on how much ice cream and heavy cream she uses), and very easy to get down. She should also make sure to surround herself with all of her favorite foods. Because a lot of girls who are naturally thin tend to think they are eating way more than they actually are, it's good to write down exactly what she's eating each day, to make sure she gets enough calories. If you give me her age, height, weight and current activity level I can tell you how much she should be eating.  Most women say that keeping a food diary takes the fun out of it, but it definitely helps.

Thank you! Her height is 5'5 or 5'6, weight is 110 pounds, 27 years.Low physical activity. Work in the office.

She'll need between 2250 and 2400 calories a day to gain 1 lb a week, and 2800 and 3k per day to gain 2 lbs a week. I always recommend starting out around 2500 and working up to 3k. At 5'6" and 110 lbs, she's probably not used to eating that much food. If she's not into eating milkshakes, she can make healthy shakes instead. If you want recipes, I'll post them here. Just let me know.  

11 minutes ago, Gusto said:

She'll need between 2250 and 2400 calories a day to gain 1 lb a week, and 2800 and 3k per day to gain 2 lbs a week. I always recommend starting out around 2500 and working up to 3k. At 5'6" and 110 lbs, she's probably not used to eating that much food. If she's not into eating milkshakes, she can make healthy shakes instead. If you want recipes, I'll post them here. Just let me know.  

Thank you very much! As far as I know, she likes milkshakes, but she also has a low appetite. This is probably the biggest problem. She tried various herbal tinctures to increase it, but it's useless ...

• Svg91 changed the title to How to gain weight lean by nature girl?