Question from Japan: Is USA fat girl paradise?

abl1762014

I've been residing in Japan for a very long time. The women here are mostly cute. The city is so crowded that in a typical day I will see at least a few with voluptuous sexy bodies, and some are downright fat, but they are very much of a minority. I am constantly on the lookout. Moreover there are no fat girls around me, meaning co-workers and female friends.  And there is also a serious problem with Asian features: Fat tends to go to the face. So there aren't a lot of really pretty and beautiful fat girls.

However when I visit the U.S., over the past 15 years I have noticed young women are just getting fatter and fatter and fatter. Weirdly, lots of fit solid guys (it seems like half the male population is present or former military), but totally unfit girls. And it may be self-perpetuating, maybe because all the other girls are fat it reduces pressure to be slim. (The exact opposite of Japan, where almost every woman being slim puts pressure on those who aren't).

Just walking around any American suburban shopping center, it's like there is an unlimited supply of jaw-dropping attractive fat girls. Any office I visit, decisively the majority of women are fat. Moreover they wear tight office clothing, emphasizing their curves. (My favorite is the standard-issue tight stretchy gray conservative pants... it shows how huge their bottoms are). And most are actually quite pretty!

So my question: Are you guys living Stateside in a constant state of drool and horny explosiveness?  Are you absolutely surrounded in your lives with fat pretty girls? Co-workers, service industry staff everywhere, female friends, even relatives (like hot fat female cousins etc... I don't believe attraction to cousins is creepy).  Is it a constant state of paradise?

Yes.

Some places more than others. I actually live and most frequently visit the "thinnest" parts of the country, but we still have plenty of fat girls and usually even the thin girls will be thick of have love handles or a bit of a belly etc.

I have ventured into the fatter parts, though, and it is an FAs dream. You can tell that most girls are growing because fat will be spilling over their pants waists or they're wearing clothing with tons of give--or both!

I'm not a religious man at all, but going to church is like stepping into heaven. So much beautiful fat girls everywhere, and after the service, you'll see why! These girls make their coffees white with cream and sugar (or usually fake sugar) and stuff their faces with pastries. It's not uncommon to see someone applying butter and jam to an already glazed pastry., then downing it, then going for another after the same pile of butter and jam ritual.

There is so much overindulgence, you wonder how anyway can stay fit. Well, most don't. The women, as you said, especially. I'm so lucky to be an FA living here. If I was attracted to thin girls, I'd probably have to move somewhere else. Like Japan.

Yes, I would say you're assessment is quite accurate!

Let me put it this way... A friend of mine who is exclusively attracted to thin girls constantly complains how, as a single male dating in the United States, he has to lower his standards.  There's nothing wrong with their faces, he says.  It's just that the vast majority are too heavy for him.  It's the opposite for me.  I have a baseline for weight/thinness, too, and if a girl is below that line, I likely won't find her attractive.  Lucky for me, most American women are above that line.

Basically, the great majority of American girls are pleasantly plump at a minimum.  Aside from a small minority of fitness junkies and dieters, classically skinny girls are a dying breed.  My friend complains, too, that even when a girl is mostly thin, she'll often be soft and doughy, have overly thick, meaty thighs, or a bit of a belly.  Overweight is totally average here.

Estimates suggest that somewhere above 70%, maybe as high as 80%, of American women are overweight.  New data shows that 4 in 10 women are obese, with 1 in 10 classified as Class III obesity (BMI over 40).  The average American woman wears a size 16, which is much larger than the size 16 of any other country.  See: https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrissymahlmeister/anything-but-average?utm_term=.uioy3Nz89G#.htNMRv24je

And there's been a tipping point in just the last few years with the arrival of body positivity.  Chubby girls no longer hide underneath baggy clothes.  They accentuate their curves, they put their flesh on display.  They are not ashamed to show off their cellulite, rolls, and other squishy bits and jiggly goodies.  Fewer and fewer Americans perceives themselves as fat.  In fact, the fatter we get, the fewer of us think of ourselves as fat!

weight.jpg&w=1484 

The youngest generations, in particular, have grown up in a culture where fat is fairly normal and totally ubiquitous.  They are less likely than previous generations to think of their weight as a problem, much more accepting of fat, and less startled or upset by weight gain.

And yes, I am often overwhelmed to be surrounded by so many plump, beautiful, curvaceous women!

• 1 month later...
Guest shegotfat

You realize just how obese the US is when you arrive from abroad at one of the supposedly thin cosmopolitan cities and you see fatties everywhere. New York City is Fatty Central.

Just got back from Tennessee.

Men, women, teens, older people upwards of 300 pounds, everywhere you look. Fat families walking the street, mom, dad, kids all with enormously fat bellies, big butts, all of it. 

Young girls at the mall, each with hanging rolls, stomachs overflowing, some of them with flab exposed, boing boing boing.

Some with no bras, boobs swollen and visibly swinging under their shirts. 

Elephant-sized behinds packed into too-tight jeans.

Sweet! :)

On 11/9/2017 at 10:09 AM, shegotfat said:

You realize just how obese the US is when you arrive from abroad at one of the supposedly thin cosmopolitan cities and you see fatties everywhere. New York City is Fatty Central.

So true.  Coming back from one of the thinner regions of the world, before you've even left the airport you're quickly struck by how chubby everyone is!  After getting used to seeing just the occasional fatty amongst a majority of slim folks, the world gets flipped back upside down (or right side up :)) and you now see the occasional slim person amongst a mass of fat ones!