Snapchat wants to demonize weight gain fetish

thetingtangdude

• Moderators

Might as well call out all those big boob fetish people out there, who caused those unfortunate people to get breast implant after breast implant until they get a botched surgery from some third world country because no respectable doctor would perform another augmentation. Also call out all of those body mod fetish folks, who forced those unfortunate people to start mutilating and cutting off parts of themselves because it made them a quick buck on a video. Don't forget those big booty worshipers out there, who make those poor women resort to unapproved injections to their derriere to get bigger than the Kardashians.

Yes, those who are obsessed with the extremes of a fetish can be destructive to someone with weak willpower and tendencies to addiction. But part of life is learning how to shield and protect yourself from those who will hurt you. The societal pendulum of self responsibility has swung too far to the side of everyone being a victim of someone else's actions. I do not feel sorry for her, and I am typically a compassionate person.

Guest billow

Whatevs!  I doubt anyone paid attention or cared much about this interview.  Donna Simpson was annoying from the get go and attracted all sorts of negative publicity.  What's more, it was never about sexual desire or fetishization for her.  She was just fat and wanted to make a buck off of it.

The only way to fight negativity is with positivity!

• 2 weeks later...

A few thoughts here....

1. No matter what the statistics say about percentages of people "suffering from obesity", I think it's fair to say that many obese people aren't suffering at all. They're quite happy in their own bodies and may have even learned to embrace the positive aspects of it. If you really want to examine any of these stats fairly, I think you need to base them strictly on how many people report their weight as a medical problem they're actively trying to fix. I really believe genetics play a big role here, and there are people predisposed to being heavier, who have bodies that handle the extra weight just fine. Others don't and especially if they went from being naturally thin to really large in a short time period, strictly because they purposely over-ate? They may be more likely to have health issues as a long-term result.

2. Any fetish about "extremes" is by nature, about finding those who are the absolute outliers. I see nothing "wrong" with having such turn-ons. If you do, you do.... Whatever. In the process of seeking these individuals out though - yes, you'll probably find some who went to great lengths to artificially change their looks just for that purpose. You'll also probably find others who are naturally that way, but it's due to medical conditions or abnormalities that might not be exactly healthy for them. It's always up to each individual to decide for themselves what to do with their own body though.