HEY NEW GUY: Read me before posting that link!

KFD

Yep, as promised, I am rebooting this thread.

So, being in the Navy, I am constantly hammered with the idiom of ATTENTION TO DETAIL. So, when I see a simple post that looks like this in the General Pictures forum...

imageserver.php?id=446118;image

It gets under my skin a little bit.

I don't intend to insult anyone's intelligence, but sometimes to better illustrate a point, you gotta bust out the red crayon.

Okay, for starters, we have a LINK.

http://www.Curvage.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0

Generally denoted by a "url" (Uniform Resource Locator) code encased in brackets, and a slash to finish the code, this will provide the clickable link we all know and utilize.

This is a PHOTO.

tumblr_lweqjzVlMy1qel45qo1_500.jpg

These are achieved by the "IMG" code encased in brackets, with the requisite slash to end the code. Cut and dry...

Check out these arrows, these buttons allow for the posting of links and images!

imageserver.php?id=446108;image

Armed with that knowledge, you came across a really cool site that has an Imperial f*ckton of hot women. You like any good man would, right click, downloaded and saved. Being the Curvage fan you are, you put a long post with all these rad images and you get this...

imageserver.php?id=446120;image

.....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to open up paint/photoshop/whatever to convert all 43542524 pictures over to .jpg format!!!!!

Don't worry, we gotcha covered!

Remember how you right clicked to save the image?

image_copy_url.png

This is from a mac-based browser, but you get the idea.

KFD, I am stuck in the stone age with Internet Exploder, and on top of that, I can't download from the site I am looking at!

Don't worry, fellow Curvagite, I gotcha covered!

Step one: Download Google Chrome. I was a FireFox whore forever until I discovered GC's cool auto-translate feature. How do you think I am scoring all those cool Japanese parts for my '81 Celica!?

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95346

Alright, you got Google Chrome, but you have now found out that you can't right click a picture you found on flickr, or tumblr, like TJ's bad broads (badbroads.tumblr.com), or a sundry of other sites that are impeding with adding to your fapping collection.

imageserver.php?id=446116;image

TJ's Bad Broads is an awesome site with amazing women, but TJ is on my d-bag list for disabling right clicking. I am the not sharpest cat when it comes to HTML, but I am still able to get around that right clicking inability.

tumblr_m1ww7gVRr01qj552mo1_500.jpg

Sorry dude, as long as slick bloggers utilize HTML, I will get around your stinginess with pixels.

How did I do it?

Damn dawg, this ain't the Matrix, what the hell is that!?

imageserver.php?id=446110;image

That my friends, is HTML, aka hypertext markup language.

Now, to get here, usually under your options/edit/wrench icon, there is a toolbox link...

Usually with a "View Source" link. In GC, you can right click to get to it...

Now, every picture usually ends in a .jpg, or .png, or .gif. Once that code box is open, hit Control + F, and find box pops up. Type in .jpg (usually that's what they are), and sometimes if you are lucky, the code for the picture is a clickable hyperlink.

imageserver.php?id=446112;image

...And usually you can find code (especially Tumblr's that end in _500, or _1280) that has .jpg,.png,.jpeg. Search for it, highlight, copy paste, and Wham! A great thread will now have pictures!

If you have questions, ask. There is a plethora of knowledge here.

...And if you post links, I will kindly direct you to this thread. Do it repeatedly, and I will smite you.

Thanks and have a great day!

KFD

post-837-14513570911968_thumb.jpg

post-837-14513570913644_thumb.jpg

post-837-14513570913982_thumb.jpg

post-837-14513570914217_thumb.jpg

post-837-14513570914519_thumb.jpg

post-837-14513570914816_thumb.jpg

post-837-14513570915021_thumb.jpg

I don't see why links to pictures shouldn't go in the pictures forum.

Do all links to videos have to go in the links section too?

Stefarno, "LINKS" are exactly that. They are LINKS. We have a forum for exactly that, and yes, if it is a link to a video and not a video or picture, then yes, it would go in the LINKS section. The reason being, we don't clog up our "General Pictures" or "Videos" with something other than what is intended to go there. Before you smartasses give me hell for saying this doesn't have pictures in it, it already has a picture of a thick blond dream, so therefore it fits in this category. I will kindly move any new thread that has a link only, and guide people here. If I have to do it for you more than once, stand the eff by, because then it's "Boy, you in a heap o' trouble". Seriously, you don't want me or anyone else to move your thread, post a few pictures in it. That simple.

We are all "new guys."

Then this thread would apply to everyone, no?

And for those of you that would turn said blondie down, here is a few more pictures for you...

tumblr_m5zcj5vvZ61rslasvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m5mam0hE6I1qznyo1o1_500.png

tumblr_lfb93kqqSW1qb9auio1_500.jpg

tumblr_luizk4UJCd1qgsmduo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3rb8pGOll1r8da6do1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4m8qu3yuN1qag8gfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6jhilCibe1qk8znfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6kpgv6aqw1rsmswpo1_500.jpg

...And since this won't be a proper KFD thread without...

tumblr_lysml5zXiR1r81deho1_500.jpg

KFD

Stefarno, "LINKS" are exactly that. They are LINKS. We have a forum for exactly that, and yes, if it is a link to a video and not a video or picture, then yes, it would go in the LINKS section. The reason being, we don't clog up our "General Pictures" or "Videos" with something other than what is intended to go there.

So, a link to webpage showing a video, such as on iPlayer, would have to go in the links section?

That's monumentally stupid. Links should be for other websites, blogs, articles, not for pictures and videos.

Quite honestly, I don't see it as monumentally stupid. We have a section for links. I have said it here before plenty of times. This is the "General Pictures" thread, not the "General Pictures and General Pictures you get to with a click away". If I have to click on it to get to it, it is still a link, regardless of content. It's not on this page I am looking at this exact moment, it's a link. I don't want to see a thread here with nothing but 40 characters underlined in red and nothing else when I have depicted what is needed to change forty letters to pixels arranged in a pleasing way.

KFD

Quite honestly, I don't see it as monumentally stupid. We have a section for links. I have said it here before plenty of times. This is the "General Pictures" thread, not the "General Pictures and General Pictures you get to with a click away". If I have to click on it to get to it, it is still a link, regardless of content. It's not on this page I am looking at this exact moment, it's a link. I don't want to see a thread here with nothing but 40 characters underlined in red and nothing else when I have depicted what is needed to change forty letters to pixels arranged in a pleasing way.

KFD

I personally see how it's sensible to post a link to a page full of pictures in the Pictures section instead of Links.

The different kinds of boards are about purpose rather than a strict division in pictures, videos and links. Ie, a link to a collection of pictures's purpose clearly is to show pictures. A link to a blog/forum/whatever clearly has as purpose to direct people to another site. Etcetera.

I'm not sure we should be so strict in the division pictures/videos/links.

I personally see how it's sensible to post a link to a page full of pictures in the Pictures section instead of Links.

The different kinds of boards are about purpose rather than a strict division in pictures, videos and links. Ie, a link to a collection of pictures's purpose clearly is to show pictures. A link to a blog/forum/whatever clearly has as purpose to direct people to another site. Etcetera.

I'm not sure we should be so strict in the division pictures/videos/links.

THIS!!

KFD

Please note that the "General Videos" section says below the name "youtube LINKS etc" :D  But i agree when it comes to links in General Pictures...

• S77 changed the title to HEY NEW GUY: Read me before posting that link!
  • S77 unpinned this topic
  • maybejames unlocked this topic