Tess Holliday (Tess Munster)

eastsportman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So it seems Tess Holliday (Formerly Munster) is making headlines around the World ( read it in a Danish news site) and got the story backed up on the E.

Tess has gotten a big contract with a big Agency it seems, tho i know nothing about fashion, so i dont know how big the Company is.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/618686/meet-tess-holliday-the-plus-size-model-who-scored-a-major-contract-and-created-the-effyourbeautystandards-movement

• 2 months later...
Guest 8pangzi

You're free to disagree with me, but Tess Munster is pretty much the Messiah for fat women and anyone who loves them.

Not much has been posted here in awhile, but perhaps that's because the Internet is awash in Tess Munster, her fans, followers, movement, and all her gloriousness in general.

Still, I thought I'd share a couple recent videos.  I was rather shocked, in a very pleasing way, when I saw these pop up.  For the longest time, I only ever saw a sofa bear that much weight in fetish videos.  But Glam is pretty damn mainstream.  Plus size models used to be thicker versions of their skinny supermodel counterparts.  Today there are more and more who are truly fat.

Sooo yeah, Tess Munster is amazing!

https://youtu.be/FFbkIpnj0UM

https://youtu.be/N-QxT1TNwFc

Guest 8pangzi

She is looking very hefty in that video. Her arms are bigger than ever I think and that skirt doesn't do anything to make her look slim.  :thumbsup:

Tess Munster is not trying to look slim.  Trust me on that one.

She is NOT promoting a healthy lifestyle, she is promoting self-acceptance. Granted, I could also post a screenshot of myself with people standing around me, that doesn't mean I need help standing.

EDIT: realized it was a video. I could always use a hand getting up from the floor. It's a fact of life for anyone.

Also, being a model in the middle of a photoshoot, it's certainly possible if she got up by herself she would risk wrinkling her dress or smudging her makeup, so she had people help her get up the easy way to prevent that. That's the way it looked to me, anyway.

How many of you ever watched a girl her size getting up off the floor without any help? (Let me tell you it is a wood  producing show but I digress). It is not a very ladylike exhibition plus time consuming. For purposes of the video, a "helping hand" or four was the right choice.

Guest justvisiting

After thinking how to respond to this post, I finally decided not to justify it with a comment.

But first of all, that's absolutely right: she's not out there promoting a healthy lifestyle.  She's out doing what she wants, being who she wants, and saying fuck all to anyone that says she's not allowed to be and live the way she wants to be.  She wanted to be a model, people said no.  She persisted until she won.

Second, she's not an immobile, helpless turtle on her back.  She is capable of getting up on her own.  It would, however, have been rude for the other models not to lend a helping hand.

Also, news flash, it does indeed require more force to lift 200-300 pounds off the floor than it does 100.  And, news flash again, fat people generally take up more space, move a little slower, and actually weigh more than thin ones!  I know many Curvage members prefer women who are only moderately sized, or even slim but curvaceous, but you should understand that a lot of us like fat women and the above mentioned goes part and parcel with what we love about them.  Tess Munster would, in fact, seriously struggle to do chin-ups or run a six minute mile.  But that's not really the point.

Or maybe Tess Munster, the queen that she is, was just letting her attendants do their rightful job. :P  This woman is adored, almost worshiped, by thousands upon thousands of women who would gladly offer their hand to lift her up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest justvisiting

Entertainment Tonight did a section on Tess Holliday and body positivity.

This piece of shit show always came on after something or other my mom watched when I was growing up, so I saw it often.  Trust me here, if ET is covering this, we've truly entered a new age of body acceptance.

https://youtu.be/JpJMvH2CZY4

• maybejames changed the title to Tess Holliday (Tess Munster)