Gaining the Weight for Saving the World

Batman76

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I hear what you're saying, @riptoryx, and since I don't want to clog this thread up, I'll keep it brief.  While I do occasionally go for those sorts of stories, I don't like to have them applied to heroic characters that we are meant to root for, much less for the effects to be absolutely permanent.  On top of that, for a non-WG reason, I hate the modern idea of Batman as a paranoid bastard who will readily destroy people he's meant to be friends and partners with.  So, for me, it was a shame on those two fronts.

I'm not saying that every story on here or elsewhere on the Internet should have a happy ending; I'm just saying that I was not satisfied by how that particular story ended.  If it works for you, fantastic; you do you.  I'll read and write the stuff that I prefer to see.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Geez, poor Karen.  I dare say she's in a worse spot than Zatanna; I can't wait to see her get some of that spark back.  Interesting development with Kelly too, and I have to wonder what will become of her by the end.  Good to see the things are backfiring on Circe, even if it's only a little.  Something tells me she's going to be getting a taste of her own medicine by the end.

All wonderful ideas!  I really like the first idea, especially since the JSA started working with legacy heroes.  The second option could be a fun one too, especially if you rope in a few other Kryptonian ladies besides Karen and Kara.  I'm also loving the fifth option; the image of a bloated, lazy Karen Starr on the beach is such a tantalizing one.  And man, that would be a fun twist for the DC WG story: a still powerful PG making sure everyone from the Justice League to the Legion of Doom stays well-fed.