Carla Jimenez

thadrou90

On 8/21/2019 at 11:47 AM, mal57 said:

The Mick was cancelled (it was legit terrible) but yeah, you're right. I haven't seen much of her since but hopefully she'll land someplace cool. She's definitely a talented actress.

I'm amazed it was renewed for a 2nd season. But Carla's had multiple TV roles in 2019 and is going to appear in the movie Friendsgiving later this year. Here's hoping she keeps up the streak!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mal57 said:

I'm thinking yes. Still obv. a goddess, just that she was sooooo huge at the end of the Mick, she spoiled us.

Sadly you're probably right. Spoiled indeed!

Maybe she's losing weight to look for new roles. But when someone's that fat you can only hope she'll gain it back.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mal57 said:

This is from a few weeks ago. I don't think we have to worry about her wasting away...

Thank god! The contrast with the hosts, the amount of space she fills on that sofa, the fattest double chin we've ever seen on Carla...she's incredible.

I always love seeing this thread updated by someone other than me. It's good to know there are other Carla fans out there!

13 hours ago, thadrou90 said:

Thank god! The contrast with the hosts, the amount of space she fills on that sofa, the fattest double chin we've ever seen on Carla...she's incredible.

I always love seeing this thread updated by someone other than me. It's good to know there are other Carla fans out there!

Oh yeah, she’s a goddess. I fell for her in Nacho Libre and watching her, um, grow as an actress from there has been nirvana. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
16 hours ago, thadrou90 said:

Somehow we missed this vid from October, where's she's looking about as big as she did in the Jan vid. Wonder how quarantine has treated her...

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 4.04.09 PM.png

Thanks for the update... Quarantine news isn't super-encouraging. Checked her instagram and from the couple of full-body shots from last month she's looking smaller than last year and certainly way off her Mick-era peak. Still big and gorgeous though.

108959214_820049038399147_4905673074789469789_n.thumb.jpg.46e187c742d7908df6c379b16c6be101.jpg107525026_302067977601281_893813297911589811_n.thumb.jpg.9b7f00e4afdac26a03833eff2553dc83.jpg

And here's a video of her singing (nice voice!) filmed from the highest bookshelf in her house... Love how she shakes her hips:

Also the link to the October talk show video was to something else. Here's it is:

23 minutes ago, mal57 said:

Also the link to the October talk show video was to something else. Here's it is:

My bad, thanks for the right link! Bummer that she isn't looking as big on insta, though I don't fully trust it. My best guess is she's lost some weight, but not as much as she'd like us to believe. The only reason that feels like something more than wishful thinking to me is that her insta posts from the winter (when these great videos were filmed) don't make it clear just how big she was then.

Just now, thadrou90 said:

My bad, thanks for the right link! Bummer that she isn't looking as big on insta, though I don't fully trust it. My best guess is she's lost some weight, but not as much as she'd like us to believe. The only reason that feels like something more than wishful thinking to me is that her insta posts from the winter (when these great videos were filmed) don't make it clear just how big she was then.

Yeah, good point. Social media is all about "flattering" angles and photoshop/IG filter trickery. Hopefully she'll have something to promote soon and we'll see what's up.

• 3 years later...
On 12/9/2023 at 10:44 PM, thadrou90 said:

Resurrection requires new photos, so if you find any please add them! I check periodically but she doesn’t seem that have had any big gigs or other public appearances for some time 

She's in the Broadway musical adaptation of Real Women Have Curves, which is in previews. It's a small supporting role so I don't think I'll be shelling out the $250 (or whatever a decent seat at a Broadway show costs these days) to see her.

That said, I found these rehearsal glimpses that seem to indicate she hasn't lost much weight, if any (?). This costume sketch is intriguing as well... If anyone saw the movie, her character would be in the scene where the women in the maquiladora take off their clothes as a show of solidarity or something (the plot is fuzzy now). Broadway being Broadway maybe they'll make a dance number out of it...? So maybe I will be supporting live drama this holiday season...

PS: In searching for Carla stuff, I didn't realize RWHC was a play even before it was a movie. Quite a treat seeing the various stagings from around the country, which inevitably feature hefty honeys of the lady-next-door variety, Latina and otherwise, often in their underwear.

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 9.22.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 9.23.38 AM.png

RWHC-Costumes-Act-2-Scene-4-The-Factory-1-2000x1369.jpg

59 minutes ago, mal57 said:

She's in the Broadway musical adaptation of Real Women Have Curves, which is in previews. It's a small supporting role so I don't think I'll be shelling out the $250 (or whatever a decent seat at a Broadway show costs these days) to see her.

That said, I found these rehearsal glimpses that seem to indicate she hasn't lost much weight, if any (?). This costume sketch is intriguing as well... If anyone saw the movie, her character would be in the scene where the women in the maquiladora take off their clothes as a show of solidarity or something (the plot is fuzzy now). Broadway being Broadway maybe they'll make a dance number out of it...? So maybe I will be supporting live drama this holiday season...

PS: In searching for Carla stuff, I didn't realize RWHC was a play even before it was a movie. Quite a treat seeing the various stagings from around the country, which inevitably feature hefty honeys of the lady-next-door variety, Latina and otherwise, often in their underwear.

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 9.22.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 9.23.38 AM.png

RWHC-Costumes-Act-2-Scene-4-The-Factory-1-2000x1369.jpg

Thank you so much! Yeah, I knew about this. I hope we get pictures from the musical when it comes out and that she bulks up this winter!

• 1 month later...