The Slowest Champion -Revisited-

riptoryx

16 hours ago, riptoryx said:

If I could share with fellow writers of pervy fiction just one take-away lesson I've learned during the course of writing this story, it's that having strong editorial and informational support is extremely valuable. I think any writer, no matter how talented, can benefit from thoughtful, constructive editorial review.  

I will second this.  Sometimes, as a writer, you get a little too close to your story.  When that happens, it's helpful to have the outside perspective of someone you trust.  

Today, there are talented authors for virtually every weight-gain kink imaginable, which also helps.  Back in my day (queue old man voice), the only people I had to turn to were my parent and teachers...not exactly desirable options for weight-gain fiction.  Riptoryx and I are extremely copacetic with regards to our preferences, so I was a pretty natural springboard. 

Editing isn't just for the author's benefit either.  Rip's excellent work got my own creative juices flowing.

Maverick

20 hours ago, engineermeister said:

Oooh... dare we ask for spoilers as to what some of these concepts might be? After this excellent take on a classic theme, i'm intrigued to see what other traditional tropes you have in your sights... or if you're going off-piste entirely!

I'll share a summary of my half-baked ideas after I wrap things up with this story, yeah. :)

8 hours ago, Maverick said:

I will second this.  Sometimes, as a writer, you get a little too close to your story.  When that happens, it's helpful to have the outside perspective of someone you trust.  

Today, there are talented authors for virtually every weight-gain kink imaginable, which also helps.  Back in my day (queue old man voice), the only people I had to turn to were my parent and teachers...not exactly desirable options for weight-gain fiction.  Riptoryx and I are extremely copacetic with regards to our preferences, so I was a pretty natural springboard. 

Editing isn't just for the author's benefit either.  Rip's excellent work got my own creative juices flowing.

Maverick

I know I'm very eager to see any new things Maverick potentially has in store for us.

5 hours ago, y2qwert said:

I'm lurkerish - does that count?

Not quiiiiiiite the never-done-anything-on-Curvage-before audience I've been trying to target with this goading, but your enthusiasm is much appreciated. :D

1 hour ago, fattyess said:

This whole delurking "deal" is weird and craven. 

How so?

On 2017-01-21 at 8:49 AM, riptoryx said:

Alright, folks. You just read the penultimate installment. The next post will be the conclusion.

So here's the deal, very much like the last time (except better):

• Right now, I'm planning to upload the conclusion at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time, Saturday, January 28.
  • For any lurky-lurker readers still lurky-lurking out there, if you make your first-ever or second-ever Curvage post in this thread, I will upload the conclusion to Curvage THREE hours earlier for each such post.

De-lurk! Read kinky girl-getting-fat stuff sooner! Everybody* wins!

*Except Kara, probably.

De-lurking engaged!  Thanks for a well written and exciting story! Can't wait to read the final chapter! :D

Delurking (about time!)

This has been an amazing story thus far, and your ability to paint each scene and the character's actions and emotions in such a realistic way has been nothing but impressive. 

My only disappointment though, is that she seems to have grown to a size where she wouldn't be able to even fit in some clothes her former svelte self would have been able to fit into, but the story is a little thin on "outgrown" scenes. I think looking around these forums, these kind of moments fascinate members, but maybe I'm just speaking for myself!

2 minutes ago, Ccameron said:

Delurking (about time!)

This has been an amazing story thus far, and your ability to paint each scene and the character's actions and emotions in such a realistic way has been nothing but impressive. 

My only disappointment though, is that she seems to have grown to a size where she wouldn't be able to even fit in some clothes her former svelte self would have been able to fit into, but the story is a little thin on "outgrown" scenes. I think looking around these forums, these kind of moments fascinate members, but maybe I'm just speaking for myself!

Thanks, @Ccameron! And hey, you've only been lurking since July 2015. That's nothing, compared to a lot of folks around here.  <_<

I share your fascination with outgrown clothing and all the fun little things that go along with it. I suppose you're right, that I haven't had a lot of focus on outgrown clothing in this story--at least in the sense of describing Kara struggling (and failing) to stuff herself into some outfit. And I agree that at this point in the story, most of the clothes she brought with her at the start of freshman year would probably be somewhere between uncomfortable and entirely unwearable.

I guess one reason I haven't included a classic trying-to-fit-into-outgrown-clothes scene is because I thought the narrative flow and momentum of the story was better served by utilizing somewhat more subtle cues indicative of the same underlying facts as a device to build anticipation towards a particular climactic reveal.

I mean, I have tried to give some due attention to the type of clothes Kara is wearing, how those clothes are fitting, and the way both of these things have changed over time.  Kara's sleekly snug jeans during the first party at Sarah's house, her slightly pinchy exercise outfit during the meet-up at Gold's Gym, the burstingly-tight jeans she was packed into during her summertime partying at Stanford, the "disappointing fit" of clothing gifted to her by relatives over Christmas, the highly unflattering stretchy dress and obviously undersized bra and panties beneath it she wore to the second party at Sarah's house...  And I think it's a safe bet that Kara's quiet adoption of Delilah leggings-and-hoodie fashion in the recent installment isn't because she's following some trendy new style. Heck, she might actually be borrowing some of Delilah's clothes, just to avoid direct confrontation with the whole "I have almost nothing that fits me anymore" situation.  Avoiding unpleasant realities and stubbornly squeezing herself down an increasingly narrowed path of least resistance has kinda been Kara's modus operandi since things went belly-up at the Cal meet.

Of course, none of that means Kara hasn't spent some quality time flopped back on her bed, desperately sucking in and straining to button a pair of jeans, or hopping about trying to cram her chubby buns into some favorite old pants only to find them hopelessly stuck indecently low on her hips or thighs. Indeed, over the course of her freshman year I'd say Kara almost certainly has done something like that--probably more than once, given her stubborn streak. I just haven't spilled much digital ink describing those specific events.

Hmm... Well, how about this? After all is said and done with this story, if you and other folks still feel like you'd really want to see more "outgrown clothing stuff" along those lines, remind me and maybe I can write up a little scene of something that could have happened but wasn't featured in the main story. It'd be sort of like a "deleted scene" feature. You could help me figure out where in the timeline it would take place. Sound good?

Well, you guys kinda backed me into a chronological corner here. The 33-hour bump-up puts the release time smack dab in the middle of my work day tomorrow. Tomorrow is not good day for me to be sneaking away from the office, and I doubt I'll have time to upload it in the morning before work, either. So, I guess I'm just gonna have to do it now. 

A bit ahead of schedule, but here it is: the conclusion, in a Curvage-exclusive, (ex)lurker-sponsored early release.

Thanks for reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------

After the abrupt end of their drunken tryst, Kara distanced herself from Delilah. Their relationship never recovered. Delilah’s attempts to clear the air or at least get closure fell on deaf ears. Rather than deal with the situation, Kara preferred to avoid it—and Delilah—whenever possible. Disappointed and frustrated, ultimately, Delilah gave up and let Kara have it her way.

Eventually, Kara reluctantly shared the scholarship news with her parents. The conversation proved every bit as painful as Kara had feared. Without the financial aid, her parents agreed, tuition was simply too expensive. Besides, they tried to console her, Stanford clearly just…wasn’t turning out to be a good fit. So it was settled. At the end of the quarter, she would have to withdraw from the university. Over the summer they could take time to reassess, make a new plan, get back on track.

And Kara told them she was fine with that, mostly.

In her final weeks at Stanford, Kara sank into a sullen, listless funk. She stopped going to classes, stopped going to parties, hardly even left her room. Her days collapsed into a sad routine of loafing in bed well past noon, and then, sometime before Delilah’s return, trundling herself over to a quiet corner of the cafeteria for a few hours to seek solace in Stanford’s generous meal plan. If anyone much noted her sudden absence from the social scene, no one bothered to seek her out. All of the “friends” she had made while getting drunk, baked, and laid over the past year showed themselves to be no more constant than her waistline.

So, really, yeah, it was fine.

Why, Kara barely even cried on that last drive home with her dad, a U-Haul trailer full of dorm accessories, outgrown clothes, and burst college dreams hitched behind them.

She never did finish that stupid term paper for Sustainability and Collapse.

Once back at home with Joyce, Kara’s mood only worsened. Cut off from the college scene, too out of touch and self-conscious to seek out any old high school associates, Kara spent most of her time alone, aimlessly sulking around the house while her mother was at work. She felt isolated. She missed the crowds. She missed the nightly parties. She missed getting drunk on the attention of new admirers. Hell, she missed just plain old getting drunk. She missed getting high. Eating was the one guilty pleasure still readily available to her, and Kara leaned on it more than ever.

As the summer rolled on and Kara remained mired in slothful malaise, Joyce’s patience for her petulant moping wore thin.

“So, what are your plans for today?”

“Look at that weather—maybe you should call up some friends and enjoy it.”

“Tell me about the schools you’ve been checking out—do you have list?”

“Have you thought about a summer job? Remember we talked about what a good gap-bridger some work experience can be…”

“You can’t just leave dirty dishes lying around for me to clean up. I’m not your maid.”

“Look at this mess! You still haven’t even finished unpacking from Stanford?! How is that possible? No more excuses, young lady: I expect to see these boxes unpacked, gone, and the floor vacuumed by the time I get home.”

“Kara, listen to me, you cannot just sit around stuffing your face all day. Get dressed. You are going to go outside and get some exercise.”

To escape her mother’s increasingly stern and judgmental nagging, Kara would hole up in her room for days at a time, never changing out of her pajamas, subsisting almost exclusively on a steady infusion of Grey’s Anatomy DVDs and microwaved Kraft Mac & Cheese. Lonely and browbeaten, eventually Kara worked up the nerve to do something she had been putting off for months.

She held the phone to her ear. It rang, then rang again, and again. Part of her hoped the call would just roll over to voice mail. But it didn’t.

Kara cleared her throat. “Hey, Sarah.”

Kara steered her car into the far-right lane. As the sign drew near, she slowed, and then signaled her intent to turn.

To be sure, this venue had not been Kara’s idea. Her initial plan had been just to drop by Sarah’s house for a casual visit. Sarah said that sounded great, but, unfortunately, now just wasn’t a good time. She was busy. She had other commitments, you see. Lots of them, in fact. Summer swim camp. College applications. A family vacation. A road trip with Jessie and a couple other girls from the varsity team. It was always something.

Only after several weeks of repeated calls and rejections did Sarah finally allow an opening to squeeze into her busy schedule. Gold’s Gym, Sarah suggested. Weekday mornings she usually swung by for a light workout. Why not meet there and catch up?

When Kara pulled her vehicle into the gym parking lot, she saw Sarah already standing near the entrance, waiting. And standing beside her was Jessie. Sarah must have invited her along as well. Kara was disappointed but not surprised. Jessie’s potential inclusion was certainly not something Sarah had disclosed during their conversation, and the last thing Kara wanted right now was another set of eyes on her. Lately, though, that pair seemed inseparable.

Kara parked and made her way towards the entrance. Eager to avoid the locker room, Kara had donned a newly-acquired set of roomy, indigo blue sweats before leaving the house. As Kara crossed the lot, Sarah pointed her out, then visibly stifled a laugh that likely still would have been audible had Kara been a bit closer. Jessie waved enthusiastically. Both girls were still wearing their street clothes.

Up close, it was obvious to Kara that Jessie had lost even more weight over the past several months. Tight, low-rise jeans and a snug t-shirt confidently flattered her freshly-sculpted curves. She was even showing a bit of midriff. No longer tubby, or even husky, Jessie looked lean. She looked fit. She looked fantastic. But Kara said none of these things. Instead, she merely mumbled a quiet ‘hello’ before the trio strolled into the building. Although she could feel the weight of their eyes on her body, for better or worse Jessie and Sarah likewise seemed content to keep any comments to themselves.

As they neared the locker rooms, Sarah stopped and turned to face her companions. “Hey,” she said, with a snap of her fingers. “I know. How about let’s start with a swim?”

Kara blinked. “What?” This was not on the agreed agenda.

“I’m game,” Jessie replied.

Both girls were now looking at Kara, expectantly.

She shook her head. “Guys, no, I dunno…”

“Aw, c’mon!” Sarah goaded. “One last swim with our old captain.”

“Really, no, I don’t think—“

“C’mon!” Sarah smirked.

“But,” Kara protested, “I didn’t even bring a swimsuit.”

“Here,” Jessie said. She pulled a garment out of her tote bag and tossed it to Kara. “You can use one of my old ones.”

Kara stared dumbly at the swatch of stretchy, two-tone nylon in her hands.

No,” Kara thought. “No way. This cannot possibly fit me.” She was so flustered by the situation, she completely overlooked whatever suspicious coincidence led Jessie to have had her old suit conveniently ready at hand.

Reluctantly, Kara trailed behind her former teammates into the changing room. Sarah and Jessie snagged the nearest available lockers and began stripping down, without the slightest bit of reservation. Kara hesitated, then slunk away to a secluded corner several rows over. Mercifully, Sarah and Jessie allowed her to get changed in unmolested solitude.

Kara’s pessimistic assessment regarding the fit of Jessie’s old swimsuit proved to be well-founded. However, to her horrified chagrin, she soon discovered the problem was not quite what she had anticipated. For several minutes after she heard Sarah and Jessie exit the room, Kara continued to wrestle with the uncooperative outfit, fruitlessly attempting to find a more comfortable adjustment. Unsatisfied, yet keenly aware of how long she was taking, eventually Kara tossed her shed clothes into the locker and grudgingly made her way to the pool.

The astringent tang of chlorine permeated the pool access hallway. Its scent stirred within Kara a peculiar mix of competitiveness and stomach-churning anxiety. So familiar from her countless hours in the water, but now also so surprisingly distant—like unexpectedly bumping into an old flame for the first time in years.

How long had it been since she last rinsed that odor from her hair? Six months? “So long…” Kara thought.

To her mind, it seemed impossible that so much time had passed. Yet the flutter in her chest and the jittery tremble in her knees contended it felt more like an eternity. Unbidden, her thoughts spun back through memories of the past year—all the procrastination, all the excuses, all the disappointment, all the denial.

The end of the hall drew near. Kara sucked in her stomach as best she could, and carefully modulated her gait to mask as much as possible the jiggle every footfall jolted through her thighs. She tried equally hard to quell the hot flush of color rising in her cheeks. When she rounded the corner into view of the two girls waiting poolside, the gawking stares that greeted her instantly demonstrated the futility of these efforts. Kara’s blush deepened to a burning crimson as Sarah unabashedly dragged her eyes across the once-enviable figure of her old friend and mouthed a slow, silent “oh my god.”

Loose in the chest and too tight everywhere else, the suit fitted Kara terribly. Its straps burrowed into her rounded shoulders, and the cutout in back dug into her spongy flesh there, as well.

Around her middle, the strained fabric compressed Kara’s belly into a large and bulbous mound. Arching out just beneath the rise of her breasts, its bottom-heavy zenith protruded quite a bit beyond them. Near its center, the deep well of Kara’s navel created an obvious, puckered span in the taut material.

From under the lower hem her hips burst forth with chunky vigor, while at her crotch the suit’s narrow cut pinched the swollen prominence of her pubic area, forcing little bulges of naked plumpness to pooch out on either side.

Kara’s ass, once flawless, had become a doughy, squarish lump. Grown wider and fatter, her rear nonetheless appeared remarkably less round. Where left exposed by her suit, cellulite pocked the lower fold of each bun. Farther down, her thighs had bloated into thick, flabby drumsticks which tapered dramatically towards her still comparatively slender calves.

Kara’s face, too, had grown chubbier over the summer. Full cheeks blurred into the beginnings of a double chin, and her collar bones seemed to have vanished. Even her arms appeared meaty, soft, and toneless.

Her contrast with the other two girls was profound. While Sarah remained as petite and wiry as ever, Jessie—stripped out of her jeans and t-shirt—looked even more amazing than earlier. Long, powerful limbs and a solid, shapely core; Kara could hardly believe this statuesque beauty was the same porky redhead that almost cost her team a sectional championship. Standing beside her, Kara felt squat and dumpy like never before. Worst of all, though, was the condescending sneer Jessie wore as she eyed Kara up and down. Somehow, that one look hurt worse than any of Sarah’s barely-restrained snark.

Eventually, Sarah broke the awkward hush with a feigned cough. “So, uh, let’s get this started, huh? You guys ready?”

Kara sighed. “I guess.”

“Are you sure?” Jessie asked, her tone laced with unprecedentedly open contempt.

Kara blinked, taken aback by Jessie’s out of character insubordinate attitude. The redhead returned an exaggerated blink in response, then cocked derisive eyebrow.

Perhaps it was the source of the barb, or the familiar surroundings, or some combination of the two in conjunction with everything else. For whatever reasons, pinned under Jessie’s brazenly unapologetic gaze, the digs at last cut deep enough to strike backbone.

Kara’s eyes narrowed into daggers. There was only so much provocation she could take. She let the moment drag out, then hissed her venom-drenched response. “Yes. I. Am.”

“Finally,” Jessie replied, in an unflinching deadpan.

“Great!” Sarah interjected, trying to smother the sudden tension with her usual tide of enthusiasm. “Let’s start with a four lap sprint. That’s a good warm up!”

“Fine,” Kara growled.

Jessie shrugged, unimpressed. “’Kay.”

As the three girls lined up on the starting blocks, Kara noticed Sarah and Jessie fiddling with their wristwatches.

“Seriously?” Kara asked. “You’re timing this?”

“Duh.” Sarah answered. “Everything counts.”

“…in large amounts!” Jessie and Sarah cooed in unison, then broke into a peal of giggles as they made little groping gestures in the air.

Kara shook her head and gritted her teeth. Some stupid new inside joke of theirs, no doubt. Its meaning—assuming it even had one—was lost on her.

“OK,” Sarah called, “on your marks…”

Kara lowered her borrowed goggles and leaned over to assume the starting position. Or, rather, she tried to. The thick roll of lard around her middle created an uncomfortable impediment to her customary posture.

“…get set…”

She tried to adjust for it, widening her stance, repositioning her hips, spreading her knees— Too late. No time.

“…go!”

Kara lunged, and crashed into the water with an ungainly tumble. Immediately, she found her dive resisted by unfamiliar buoyancy. Surfacing, Kara exploded into her best stroke—the front crawl.

For a brief moment, she was the Kara of old once more. Her insecurities vanished—submerged beneath the rush of competition. She might have lost her scholarship, but that didn’t mean she had forgotten how to swim. Her forms, her breathing, her pacing—she knew it all by instinct. This is what she did. This is who she was. Like hell was she going to let anyone take that from her. The pool’s pulsing aquatic echo filled her ears, her lane became her world, and nothing else mattered.

She reached the wall and pivoted off it, executing though brute force a flip made cumbersome by her excess girth. After completing the first turn, Kara allowed herself a brief peek at the neighboring lanes. Her heart sank. Sarah and Jessie were already nearing the far side. And Jessie was pulling ahead.

In furious spite of it all, Kara plowed on. She pushed herself to the limit. She clawed at the water. She gave it everything.

Soon, however, the first hints of exhaustion began to creep in. Through her years of practice, Kara knew the signs well. She tried to ignore it. Kara tried to focus on the rhythm, to infuse it with will and desire—faster, smoother, harder. “Come on!” Kara thought.

It was no use. Despite Kara’s determination, her form was failing. With every down sweep she felt the drag of her added bulk. Every turn reminded her how large and uncooperatively round her belly had become. Every kick proved how heavy and sluggish her thighs had grown.

Eventually, Kara struggled through the final turn. Her arms were dead. Her legs ached. Every breath sounded like a last gasp. That final straight was the worst. There was just no gas left in the tank. “This isn’t even swimming anymore,” Kara thought. It was hell. Pure hell.

After what seemed an eternity, Kara finally tapped the wall. Panting and hanging onto the lane line, she raised her goggles. Multiple laps of splashing had scoured away her concealer, revealing the rash of pimples across her ruddy face.

Sarah and Jessie were already out of the water and seated on the lip of the pool. Both studied their wristwatches intently. Sarah turned to Kara. With an expression of genuine pity, she held out her watch for Kara see.

Kara’s labored breathing caught in her throat. “No.

It was far worse than she had ever done at Stanford. Worse than anything she had posted in her high school career. She shook her head, her lips twisting into an agonized pout. Hell, her junior high times had been way better than that! “There’s just no way!” Unbelievably, she had actually swum slower than Jessie’s botched performance at the sectional meet. By a lot.

Quietly, the reigning state sectional record-holder for the 200-yard high school women’s freestyle hauled herself out of the pool and waddled towards the exit. The rear of the suit had ridden up deep into the crack of Kara’s ass, leaving her flabby bottom almost completely exposed. She made no effort to tug it back into place.

As she was about leave, Jessie yelled after her.

“Hey! Kara!”

Kara looked back. Jessie smiled, a frosty gleam in her eyes.

“You’re fat.”

Congratulations on a well written, entertaining, and highly detailed story development. It's clear just how much time and effort you've put into it.

The description of how Kara looks when barely poured into Jesse's competition suit that minutes before was so big that it "cannot possibly fit" is simply brilliant. You've also nailed the time factor, the once or twice I was lucky enough to be at a pool with someone who'd just started to outgrow a competition suit (unfortunately not on the scale of Kara), what stood out was just how loooong she spent getting changed, but to no avail.

Great work.

This story was really good, the pacing in my point of view was perfect, the characters were likeable and the interaction was awesome. But personally I would've liked to see a moment when she really realize how out of shape she has become, personally that is one of the moments I love in stories like this one.

Not that I'm saying that's awful or anything, just that and a bit more of teasing, I'd like to see an special chapter like that one someday, even so grat story I really like the ones that seem to be real ones. Great job.

Well done! I liked the original but love the remake. You did a really topnotch job with the writing and execution.

You mention some additions may be possible in the future and I am 100% all for that :). Outgrown/tight clothes, emphasis on getting out of shape, and teasing would always be welcome in my book.

Thanks again for such a wonderful contribution!

Amazing finally piece. I have several thoughts, but for the sake of brevity or bombarding the board, this is simply put an all-time great story. With respect to the original story, which I quite enjoyed, this rewrite is a standalone piece and is easily in my top two or three favorite works, right up there with "The Lesson," which is the first story I ever remember reading online.

@riptoryx - you have spoken of rewriting this story for quite a longtime. I know that you put a painstaking amount of research and effort into recreating this tale. This was certainly worth the long wait and the weekly installments of this serial that you posted on Curvage, Deviant, and other places. We've had numerous, lengthy chats over the years about this type of subject matter, both fictional and real life delicious real life examples. This piece was the perfect culmination of your incredible writing talent, keen observations, and creative vision. You should be very proud to have produced such an outstanding and well developed work of art. A tip of the cap to you, sir, and a genuine hope that this isn't your last foray into the world of convincing, expertly delivered fiction.

Jessie should honestly get punched in the face pls. Make a sequel of Jessie just getting punched in the face and becoming homeless. Why am I so irrationally angry about a fiction character, I don't know, but @riptoryx I want JUSTICE! u_u you saying she becomes a fat homeless drunk in some ally who gets mugged in her future is all I need. plz

Very well!

Joining Curvage was a good decision, as I get to read the story earlier.

What else can I say? Your work was doubly hard, because you had to write a good story and because you had to do it following previously made guidelines. Well, you achieved both goals, no question. You even managed to recreate and improve the final scene. Reading you was like watching a movie!

I thank you so much for this nice piece of art and I hope to read other stories soon.

So long!