The Slowest Champion -Revisited-

riptoryx

27 minutes ago, Plus44-44 said:

This story is truly a work of art so thank you SO much for creating it!

Those are some mighty kind words, and I appreciate them quite a lot! I made this story explicitly for folks like you (and me), who have a particular love for this combination of kink and craft. But, a large portion of the thanks should go to @Maverick. Without his editorial vision, this story would not have turned out the way it did.

Speaking of which, if you like the set up so far, strap in. As Sarah foreshadowed, things about to get cranked up a notch. 

Ah, and now the weight gain begins! I remember the scene at the gym being somewhat similar to the original, but I really like the extra touches you added regarding Jessie's motivation, and the distinction between her and Kara. Not only is this a strong and engaging work in and of itself, but it's also a really good adaptation as well, something which is difficult to achieve in its own right. Congrats!

I'm looking forward to Kara's "workouts" at Stanford. I have a feeling the closest she'll get to water will be when she downs a swig or two to help with her hangovers. 

On 12/17/2016 at 6:35 PM, riptoryx said:

Those are some mighty kind words, and I appreciate them quite a lot! I made this story explicitly for folks like you (and me), who have a particular love for this combination of kink and craft. But, a large portion of the thanks should go to @Maverick. Without his editorial vision, this story would not have turned out the way it did.

Speaking of which, if you like the set up so far, strap in. As Sarah foreshadowed, things about to get cranked up a notch. 

That's kind of you to say, Riptoryx, but you did all the work--I just encouraged you to do more of it :).  And I have to say, you did a marvelous job in fleshing-out any of the visions I had.  

On 12/18/2016 at 10:50 AM, jewbacca said:

Ah, and now the weight gain begins! I remember the scene at the gym being somewhat similar to the original, but I really like the extra touches you added regarding Jessie's motivation, and the distinction between her and Kara. Not only is this a strong and engaging work in and of itself, but it's also a really good adaptation as well, something which is difficult to achieve in its own right. Congrats!

I'm looking forward to Kara's "workouts" at Stanford. I have a feeling the closest she'll get to water will be when she downs a swig or two to help with her hangovers. 

Yes, this gym scene very closely tracks the original. If you're interested in comparing the more subtle differences I've woven in, this is a good place to look. In fact, the exchange between Jessie and Sarah while on the stationary bikes was the first revision to the original material that I wrote when starting this whole process. From here on out, however, the Revisited version really starts to chart its own, unique path. 

And hey! Kara is very hardworking and responsible. Did you not see her new championship medal? You don't land a Division 1 scholarship without being hardcore, you know. Clearly, you're just jealous. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Maverick said:

That's kind of you to say, Riptoryx, but you did all the work--I just encouraged you to do more of it :).  And I have to say, you did a marvelous job in fleshing-out any of the visions I had.  

Look at this guy deflect! Seriously, if any of you haven't read his stuff before, go check out Maverick's gallery. It's all great, and you'll immediately see how some of it proved inspirational for my own writing. 

http://maverickthewriter.deviantart.com/

“Sink!”

“Sink!”

“Sink!”

The small crowd gathered around the beer pong table chanted in rhythmic cadence as the current match-up neared conclusion. On one side of the table stood Kara. Opposite her, and currently lining up his next shot, was H. Victor Stewart. Two cups remained on Kara’s side of the table, versus five on H. Victor’s.

H. Victor was a running back for the Stanford Cardinal, and yes, Kara had learned last week during a boozy, half-remembered impromptu make-out, he did actually insist on being referred to as “H. Victor.” Unfortunately, despite having learned that fascinating bit of trivia, Kara had passed out before managing to seal the deal. Given the biceps straining against his short sleeves, it was an error Kara intended to correct.

It was late August, and just another typical night for Kara. Since June, she had been spending most of her time on campus. After kicking things off with a few extremely vigorous several-hour days, Kara’s self-structured training regimen quickly eased into a more sedate two-hour daily routine. That daily routine then steadily became less routine and more occasional, as a rapidly growing list of new acquaintances inundated Stanford’s star swimming recruit with an even more rapidly growing list of invitations to socialize. Before long, Kara’s time spent exercising dwindled from “a couple hours a day” to something more like “a couple hours a week.” Truth be told, this week she hadn’t even set foot in the aquatic center at all.

“Sink! Sink! Sink!”

With a coy grin, Kara eased the zipper of her fitted fleece jacket down several inches and leaned over the table, squeezing her shoulders together to maximize the cleavage welling up from under her top.

“Ooooo!” the onlookers howled, in recognition of her tactics.

H. Victor shook his head and chuckled, then let the ball fly. It sailed in a smooth, well-controlled trajectory, across the table and straight into a perplexed Kara’s forehead. Kara managed a clumsy swipe at the ball as it bounced away, but her moment of flat-footed surprise ensured she caught only air. Unimpeded, the ball splashed into the nearest cup, to resounding cheers.

“Mother-Fucker!” Kara yelled, and stomped her foot.

The cadence started up again. “Drink! Drink! Drink!”

With a grimace, Kara picked up the first cup and fished out the ball. She hurled it, still dripping, at the back of her fist-bumping opponent. He didn’t seem to notice. She was so over H. Victor Stewart.

“Drink! Drink! Drink!”

Obligingly, Kara tilted her head backwards, arched her back, and tipped the contents of the cup down her throat in one long, steady guzzle. The shift in posture caused her jacket to ride up, exposing a couple inches of bare midriff cinched into a thick muffintop above a pair of furiously tight jeans.

Kara finished the last swallow with an exaggerated gasp and slammed the cup down. Casually tugging the hem of her fleece back into place, Kara took up her final cup and polished it off in identical fashion. A few appreciative hoots rewarded her effort.

Others soon began clearing the table, to reset it for the next matchup. Kara left them to their work and wandered onto the front porch. It was hot and stuffy inside, the crowded rooms pungent with the aroma of cheap beer and weed. She needed some air.

Outside, the night was refreshingly cool. Up in the treetops, a crisp little breeze rattled the branches of the big old sycamore in the front yard. She leaned against the railing, and for a time watched clusters of collegiate revelers mill up and down the sidewalks between frat venues.

In the relative calm, Kara heard a muffled chirp emanating from her front pocket. She wedged a hand in to retrieve her phone, but found there was not enough space within the tightly packed denim for her fingers to gain purchase on its sleek exterior. After a few unproductive shimmies and wiggles, Kara resorted to reaching across her middle and tugging against the pocket’s hem with her other hand. A couple quick jerks in this awkward position finally secured enough breathing room to escape with the device.

Well it’s over. You missed it. Again. Thanks Kara.

It was from Sarah—just the latest in pile of unread texts from her this evening. There were three missed calls and two new voicemails from her, as well. The phone chirped in Kara’s hands yet again.

Hope it was worth it.

Kara rolled her eyes, and then plopped onto the front porch’s dilapidated sofa with a long-suffering groan. The sharp pinch of the waistband around her beer-and-pizza-distended middle left her immediately regretting the maneuver.

It was a common refrain these days. Sarah had been nagging her for months. Although she’d finally stopped pestering Kara about the gym, there always seemed to be something. Come watch a matinee with me! I need to go shoe-shopping: help me decide what to get! Go bowling with me on Saturday! Let’s cheer on Jessie’s JV volleyball team at the home game! Just to get Sarah off her back, Kara had sometimes tentatively agreed to tag along for one event or another. However, over the course of the summer, she had yet to actually show up at any of them.

This week, Sarah’s plea had once again been for that final option. High school classes had resumed, and the girls JV volleyball team was playing their second home game of the season. Even though it sounded like just about the least fun way to spend a Friday night, a couple days ago Kara had mumbled some vague promise to attend. But stuff came up. How could she have known that Kappa Sigma would be throwing an ‘80s-themed party tonight?

Kara deleted the voice mails without listening—she could well enough imagine what she’d hear—and instead typed out a response.

Sorry. Something came up at the last minute.

A moment later, Sarah replied.

Yeah, some frat boy’s dick. You’re at Stanford again aren’t you?

Kara allowed herself a smug little chuckle at the quip. She slid a hand beneath her fleece top and dug her thumb under the waistband of her jeans, near her hip, trying to scooch it lower for a more comfortable fit.

Maybe, Kara texted back with her free hand.

WTF Kara.

The waistband wouldn’t budge. She slid her fingers over to the button and fidgeted with it for a few seconds, but found it far too tight to undo one-handed in this position. Half-buried between the pudge welling up against her fly from below and the roll folding over the waistband above, she could barely even pry a fingernail under its metal rim.

Kara laid the phone down on the armrest. Using both hands, she took hold of the material to either side of the button and set about twisting it loose. The backs of her thumbs prodded uncomfortably into the warm, squishy flesh around her navel. With an irritated growl, Kara slid her hips forward on the sofa cushion and leaned back until she was almost lying prone. Biting her lip and sucking in to the greatest extent allowed by the sloshing consequences of her beer pong defeat, she at last managed to pop the button through its hole.

Kara’s zippered fly shot halfway open as her released belly pushed aside the loosened flaps of her jeans. She sighed with relief. Gingerly, she traced two fingers back and forth along the tender denim-patterned welt still creased into her abdomen. On the armrest, her phone chirped again. Kara frowned at it, then grudgingly hauled herself to sit upright on the sofa and tugged the fleece top lower to conceal her undone pants.

This was the last home game til October. Jessie was playing. You promised you’d be here.

Kara groaned. She was way too buzzed for this. Why were they even still having this conversation?

It’s JV. They suck.

Sarah’s reply came back quickly.

OMG That’s not even the point! This was OUR last chance to see a home game together before you leave. Do you get it???

“Oh my fucking gawd…” Kara muttered to herself. Her thumbs tapped away for an extended period before she hit send.

Look I already graduated. I’m admitted at Stanford. I don’t have time to waste on stupid little high school stuff anymore. I need to focus on my future. Sorry that offends you. Maybe you’ll get it when you’re older.

Kara set the phone down on her thigh, where it sat idle long enough for the screen to go black. Eventually, it lit up again.

OMG! I can’t even… Fuck you, Kara, you arrogant shit!!!

Her brows rose, then furrowed in defiant consternation. She whipped back a response.

Fuck you too.

She tried to shove the phone back into her pocket and out of sight—she really wanted to—but, even with her pants unbuttoned, there was just no way to cram it in without standing up.

Hauling herself upright, a wave of tipsy dizziness sent Kara staggering into the porch railing. She steadied herself against the wooden beam until it passed. Before wedging the phone into her jeans she caught a glimpse of one last text message from Sarah.

Oh, and FYI, not that you fucking care, but Jessie’s team WON.

The following Monday, twin prongs of reality rudely burst Kara’s summertime bubble.

First, while laboriously stuffing herself into a favorite pair of jeans, she unexpectedly discovered threadbare holes worn through the fabric of the upper, inner thighs. Hurrying to the mirror for a better look, Kara’s mood segued from astonished to appalled as she realized small portions of the frayed patches were plainly visible from the rear.

Kara wasn’t clueless. She had felt the growing snugness in some of her clothes over the past month or two. She knew what that meant. She had picked up a few party-pounds. Of course she had. But this

Peering over her shoulder at her reflection, Kara shifted her weight from one leg to the other. Her eyes widened. Face scrunched into a dissatisfied grimace, she repeated the motion, more slowly. With each shift, the ripped material on the backs of her thighs gaped sufficiently to expose glimpses of the bare flesh beneath. Kara clucked her tongue and let out an indignant groan.

She wore these jeans all the time. How long had they been like this? How had she not noticed earlier? For that matter, how had anyone else not noticed earlier? Or maybe they had…

Kara was still standing before the mirror, caught in an emotional stew of vexed self-assessment, reluctantly exploring the soft roll pooched over her waistband, when a chirp from her phone jammed home the second prong.

It was an email from the Stanford coaches. Just two weeks until the first team practice, it reminded everyone. Be ready to work hard and hit the proverbial ground running.

On the one hand, this was not news. Much like with the issue of her weight, it was not as though Kara had been blind to the passage of time. She knew the current date. She’d had the start of classes and swim practice marked on her calendar since spring. Yet even so, only in the wake of such external prodding did Kara fully comprehend her situation.

That afternoon, Kara launched a frenzied effort to cram three months of training into two weeks. Partying came to a crashing, cold-turkey halt. Each day she struggled to squeeze in six or more grueling hours at the pool and gym. She worked on every drill, every routine—everything she had said she would start in June, everything she had truly meant to start in July, everything she had studiously ignored in August. Even on move-in day at the dorms, after an exhausting morning unloading boxes and greeting her new roommate, Kara still managed a few laps at the pool. During the final few days Kara resorted to desperate fasting, restricting herself to a piteous diet of cereal and juice.

It was too little, too late.

The season’s opening practice always made for an anxious occasion. Time trial qualifiers were the first order of business, and the stakes were high. Doubly so for freshmen. In addition to being a critical first impression with fellow teammates, coaches used the qualifers to make initial determinations about when, where, and how to assign each swimmer in competitions. A good performance might open up new opportunities, while a poor performance likely meant being relegated to a lesser role. Either way, qualifers could set the tone for the whole season.

On the morning of the first practice, Kara made her way over to the aquatic center half an hour early, but still found herself among the last to arrive. Heading out to the pool, she kept her team jacket on over her swimsuit. It wasn’t odd. A bit of nighttime chill still hung in the air, and a most of the other girls were similarly bundled. Ill at ease, she scanned the crowd, looking for the friendliest faces with which she could mingle until the practice began.

Of course, Mallory was nowhere to be found. She had graduated at the end of the spring quarter. Kara did see Alissa, huddled up with Steve and another coach. Alissa had been elected the new team captain sometime before the summer. Or so Kara was informed. That wouldn’t have been Kara’s choice, but incoming freshman weren’t given a vote. In fact, she only learned of it months later, when she happened to notice a telltale asterisk beside Alissa’s name on the updated team roster. At the moment, it was just another reason for Kara to steer well clear of her. Not that she needed another reason.

Eventually, Kara spotted what she was looking for: Swoops, Twinkle, and Laces, clustered together and chatting loudly. Kara breathed a sigh of relief and headed over.

“Hey, ladies!” Kara waved as she drew near.

“Full Ride!” yelled Swoops, and threw her arms into the air with exaggerated enthusiasm. “What is up?”

Kara melded into the conversation easily enough. The main topic of discussion was what everyone had been doing over the summer. When attentions turned her way, the tale Kara shared was shrewdly abridged. Before long, the coach’s whistle summoned everyone over to the team bench.

After some introductory lectures, the coaches called each team member poolside for time trials, one by one, while the rest observed from the sidelines. Kara’s name came up early on the list.

With some reluctance, Kara stood and shucked off her jacket. Mindful to keep her abdominal muscles very firmly tensed, Kara pretended not to notice the sudden ripple of whispers back on the bench as she made her way to the starting block, where Steve stood with stopwatch and clipboard in hand.

Steve looked her over as she drew near, surprise obvious in his widening eyes.

Despite all the frantic last-minute efforts, once stripped of her jacket’s baggy concealment, the fruits of Kara’s summer indulgence were evident. She was easily twenty-five or maybe even thirty pounds heavier than when any of these people had seen her last. Packed into a Stanford team uniform she’d ordered months ago, with her plump little spare tire and newly-soft thighs now subjected to the full scrutiny of her teammates and coaches, those thirty pounds suddenly felt more like a hundred.

Kara blushed under Steve’s inspection, but stood her ground. She cleared her throat. “Ready,” she declared.

“Uh…’kay,” Steve grimaced, and scratched the back of his neck. “Get on mark, then.”

Taking up position on the starting block, an odd sort of calm settled over Kara. She was nervous, but not unprepared. While she still regretted frittering away so much of the summer, the past two weeks of solid practice had at the least served to bolster her confidence. Yes, there surely remained more rust—and weight—than a mere dozen-plus days of hard work could knock off. But just going through the motions and settling back into a routine had been reassuring. Even if she wasn’t at her best right now, it seemed only a bump in the road. She hadn’t gotten this far by accident, and the path forward remained clear enough.

Kara took a slow, measured breath. She cleared her mind. At the signal, she dove in and trusted long years of experience to handle the rest.

By the time she tapped the wall on the final lap, Kara’s shoulders radiated with the familiar burn of a vigorous push. She climbed out of the water, feeling reasonably satisfied with her performance, as Steve scribbled down the digits from his watch. Then he read them aloud, his tone a mix of shock and disgust. Kara flinched as though he had just snapped a wet towel across her rear.

“What??” Kara thought

The splits were several seconds behind what she had averaged her senior year. She knew she was a little out of shape but… During her frantic two-week catch-up, she had been entirely focused on completing the sets, not timing them. It had seemed like such an unnecessary distraction that she hadn’t even considered doing so. Could she really have regressed that much without even realizing it?

Steve glanced up from the clipboard and fixed her with a pointed gaze. “Miller,” he inquired, his affect flat, “did you follow the summer training program?”

Kara blushed again, and stammered an assurance that she absolutely had, of course.

Steve pursed his lips, then shook his head and sighed. “Alright. Take a seat.” He winced and pinched the bridge of nose before moving on. “Kramer! You’re up.”

As she returned to her spot on the bench, Laces welcomed her with a smugly lopsided grin. “Woah-ho-ho,” she chucked, “lookin’ a bit, uh…full, there, Full Ride.” She patted her own stomach for emphasis.

“Seriously,” Twinkle echoed, laughing.

“What the heck happened?” queried Swoops.

Blanching, Kara sat down, then forced herself to choke out a laugh. She spent the next several minutes enduring additional ribbing while carefully deflecting a few far-too-curious questions about exactly what had she been doing all summer. Kara zipped herself back into her team jacket as fast as she could.

Kara watched the rest of the time trials from the sidelines, frustrated and embarrassed. Her humiliation only deepened as swimmer after swimmer posted better marks than she had—even the other freshman. By the end, it was official: Kara was the slowest.

Once the practice wrapped up, Kara hurried to change and head back to the dorms. She could already tell from the hushed chatter, subtle gestures, and sidelong looks that a number of the other girls were gossiping about her. She tried to tune it out, but her traitorous ears couldn’t help overhearing a few stray barbs. “That’s our big new star?” “I thought she was supposed to be, like, good…” “Why on Earth did they give her a scholarship?” “What the hell happened to her?”

Kara slammed her locker shut and stuffed her swimsuit into her backpack. She tromped to the exit at a racewalk pace, eager to leave this horrible experience behind. As she neared the door, she saw Alissa, casually leaning against the jamb, arms folded, blocking her path. Kara slowed, then finally stopped when she stood mere inches from the team captain.

Alissa straightened. For a brief moment the two looked at one another, each silently sizing up the other. Kara sighed in exasperated irritation, tilting her head and raising her brows.

Alissa scoffed.

“Listen up,” the robust blonde said. “This is my team now. So you better get your shit together, Full Ride.” She spat the nickname with amplified derision, and prodded a finger into the slight curve of Kara’s belly, causing Kara to fall back a step, gaping with indignant shock. “Or you can get the hell out.”

Alissa then stepped aside, and gave a terse nod towards the door. Kara stormed past her without another word.

I do believe that the big fish in the small pond just got her dose of reality. Will she find it within her to slim down or when faced with the first major hurdle in her life will she give into her vices and ruin her natural talent? I don't imagine it'll help when the sharks are swimming all around her and smell blood in the water. Probably shouldn't have abandoned high school friends and support so easily. 

22 hours ago, Matt L. said:

Wow!  Brilliant work, very enjoyable.

Thanks again, Matt! I appreciate your steadfast support and feedback!

20 hours ago, podracer2 said:

I do believe that the big fish in the small pond just got her dose of reality. Will she find it within her to slim down or when faced with the first major hurdle in her life will she give into her vices and ruin her natural talent? I don't imagine it'll help when the sharks are swimming all around her and smell blood in the water. Probably shouldn't have abandoned high school friends and support so easily. 

Kara does seem to have found her "pond" suddenly an uncomfortable fit. But I dunno...what do you think? Are you ready to give up on her already? True, she's never been let off the proverbial leash in quite this way before--the same as with many college freshmen--and she's already made some pretty questionable choices in how to exercise that newfound freedom. But it's not like she got this far entirely by luck and good looks, either...

3 hours ago, riptoryx said:

Kara does seem to have found her "pond" suddenly an uncomfortable fit. But I dunno...what do you think? Are you ready to give up on her already? True, she's never been let off the proverbial leash in quite this way before--the same as with many college freshmen--and she's already made some pretty questionable choices in how to exercise that newfound freedom. But it's not like she got this far entirely by luck and good looks, either...

If I know anything it's that young women such as her will fight back and work harder. After all it's not as if she was handed everything and seemed to lose her drive once it was given to her. 

10 hours ago, podracer2 said:

If I know anything it's that young women such as her will fight back and work harder. After all it's not as if she was handed everything and seemed to lose her drive once it was given to her. 

True. Kara just seems to really enjoy wearing her laurels, so to speak. 

Guest shegotfat

I finally got around reading the story so far. I love the attention to detail and it ticks all the boxes.

It looks like Tara is dealing with harsh downgrade in status. Will that be a spur to get back in shape or will she become despondent and try to eat away her humilliation. I'm dying to find out.

Peronally, I turned to real-life swimmers to visualize the characters's looks. I'm picturing Kara as Kara Lynn Joyce:

Bikini+inside+smile.jpg

Sara is Sarah Henry:

SarahHenry.jpg

Alissa is Alyssa Anderson:

anderson_alyssa_headlines.jpg

This is what a Stanford swimming suit looks from the front:

StanfordUniversityWomensSwimTeam-201402154072.jpg

From the back:

stanford-women-post-meet.jpg

And this is what their jackets look like:

2016.03.18-2016-Womens-NCAA-Swimming-Championships_Stanford-200-MR.jpg

The details in this last chapter are fantastic! They're subtle, yet quite well-written. You've painted quite a vivid picture of exactly what is happening to poor Kara as a product of her overindulgence and poor choices. I thoroughly enjoyed this part, as it's easily the best serial being published in the WG community. It makes me want to start writing more stories! Excellent job. If you're not reading this one, you should be.

On 12/26/2016 at 7:06 AM, shegotfat said:

I finally got around reading the story so far. I love the attention to detail and it ticks all the boxes.

It looks like Tara is dealing with harsh downgrade in status. Will that be a spur to get back in shape or will she become despondent and try to eat away her humilliation. I'm dying to find out.

Peronally, I turned to real-life swimmers to visualize the characters's looks. I'm picturing ...

Glad to hear it, @shegotfat! You're definitely in the core of my "target audience," based on some of your prior posts.  ;)  It's interesting for me, seeing how others visualize these characters that have been living in my own head for so long. You clearly did some research into the site-specific details, too! Good news: so have I. I'm cautiously optimistic that the story will hold up fairly well to that level of scrutiny. 

On 12/26/2016 at 1:04 PM, maxymumspyder said:

The details in this last chapter are fantastic! They're subtle, yet quite well-written. You've painted quite a vivid picture of exactly what is happening to poor Kara as a product of her overindulgence and poor choices. I thoroughly enjoyed this part, as it's easily the best serial being published in the WG community. It makes me want to start writing more stories! Excellent job. If you're not reading this one, you should be.

Thanks, man! Spurring other folks to start cranking out great weight gain fiction would be an ideal outcome, from my perspective. I've been a reader of weight gain stories for a lot longer than I've been a writer of them. I'm always looking for the "next great one" that really does it for me, to add to my list of all-time favorites. But that will only ever happen if folks actually find the opportunity and motivation to sit down and write the stuff. Engaging with authors and providing fun, encouraging, constructive, honest, thoughtful feedback--like you all have been here--can go a long way towards keeping those creative engines greased. It certainly provides a lot of positive reinforcement for me!

This is when the story really gets interesting. Kara knows that she's ruining a once in a lifetime opportunity, but will she be able to do anything about it? She's a competitive person by nature, so seeing just what factors align to change not only her physical, but her emotional and psychological makeup, will be really intriguing. I'm looking forward to the next installment!

On 12/26/2016 at 4:04 PM, maxymumspyder said:

Did you ever finish "A Downward Trend "? I liked that one a lot!

7 hours ago, jojoabc123 said:

Special announcement you say. I wonder what now what that entails :)

Nothing too amazing, but relevant and potentially good news for folks who like this story. ;)

6 hours ago, Jazzman said:

Did you ever finish "A Downward Trend "? I liked that one a lot!

I may be stepping on @maxymumspyder's toes a bit here, but yes, he did. I recommend checking out his DeviantArt gallery, not only for "A Downward Trend," but also other fun stories he's written. I've added a number of them to my own little collection of personal favorites.

http://kowlooner.deviantart.com/

3 hours ago, riptoryx said:

Nothing too amazing, but relevant and potentially good news for folks who like this story. ;)

I may be stepping on @maxymumspyder's toes a bit here, but yes, he did. I recommend checking out his DeviantArt gallery, not only for "A Downward Trend," but also other fun stories he's written. I've added a number of them to my own little collection of personal favorites.

http://kowlooner.deviantart.com/

No toes stepped on here! I most certainly did finish it. And yes, there are several other stories posted there as well. I appreciate the shout out!